Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
throw in
throw in
Post deleted by mediocrates

goal
goal
props to the ref for doing a pretty good job of keeping things from getting out of hand. was a fairly physical match, but it could have been much worse.

kick off
kick off
i was told that if i wanted to go to the 3A game and then stay for the 4A game, i would have to pay two entrance fees. any truth to this? i highly doubt it...

there are no 'born' soccer players
goal kick
goal kick
Can't be true.

how would they know if showed up for the 3A game and stayed for the 4A game.

Don't think they are going to walk around after the earlier games and tell people they have to leave because they only paid for one game.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Rumor has it ESPN is coming and it will be shown on ESPN U as a tape delay. Any truth to this?

goal kick
goal kick
If it is, that could do wonders for South Carolina soccer in general.

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
throw in
throw in
This could be epic!

kick off
kick off
Im going with 4-2 NW.

I think NW will net 2 quickly....Irmo will tie it up.
Then I think NW puts it away with 2 goals late.

Watch out for Dennis Moore.....could be a real difference maker in this year's matchup(didnt play in last years game).

Should be a hell of a game.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Lets Compare the two.

Keepers: NW's starter is the same from last year that won state. He has only allowed 5 goals this season. Irmo's keepers have allowed 11 goals. I do not think this game will come down to goalkeeping, though I do think NW might have the advantage because of experience.

Defense:
NW's centerback Robbie Benson, an All-State selection, is one of, if not the best centerback in the state. The other centerback is young but very good. NW's outside backs are both very talented as well. Irmo landed two of their defenders on the All-Region squad, but none on all state. They are a very talented unit, but not quite as good as NW.

Midfield:
NW's Alex Martinez is the best midfielder in the state, bar-none. The way he controls the game reflects his All-State selection. Shawn Ferguson, another All-State selection, dominates the physical aspect of the game with his 6'5" frame. Irmo's midfield is very talented as well. Mukofsky and Acree, both All-State selections, are a force. Both quick and very smart. At the end of the day though, I just don't think they can handle Alex.

Forwards:
NW has Enzo. Need I say more? Oh yeah I should also mention the most talented sophomore in the State Ricardo Garbanzo and junior ODP Region Team standout Dennis Moore. These guys are ridiculously good. Irmo will have lots of trouble containing Enzo, and if they do they still have two other studs to worry about. Irmo also has great talent up top. With senior All-State selections in Varney and McEwan, the Trojan Defense will have to play a very good game to contain them.

There is so much talent on both teams. From my observations, I think NW is the better all around team. This does not mean that NW will win though. These are two of the best teams to ever come out of SC and it should be a match a lifetime. Looking forward to it. I understand I am a little bit biased. Don't bash me for my opinion, I think both teams are good. I just bleed purple!

Prediction:
NW 4
Irmo 2

Last edited by sG; 05/20/09 03:10 AM.

One Time!
kick off
kick off
Quote:

I just bleed purple!

I second that!

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard