I
ihs12 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
I
BRING IT ON!!!

see yall saturday.

what an amazing comeback for the irmo squad. Down 2-1 in OT and puts two goals in the second OT.

GO IRMO

goal
goal
Northwestern wins 3-1. YAYAYA

goal
goal
Gonna be a good game. Good luck to Irmo. Great squad.

goal
goal
I think it comes down to keeper play...Not sure who has the better

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
throw in
throw in
This will be a great game, im thinkin 39-40 irmo in pk's. Mikey Day with the win

kick off
kick off
if it comes down to keeper play...which it may...irmo has the advantage with either sullivan or arneson. both are first class players. by the way, which one started against wando?

for irmo, it will come down to midfield. for NW, its gonna come down to finishing

there are no 'born' soccer players
Goal
Goal
This should be great!
How can I get on the sidelines for this one!!!!

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
T
kick off
kick off
T
Irmo has a strong attack that i think is uncontrollable. Their midfield dominates like no other.
NW has very strong forwards who could challenge some of the Irmo backs.

Irmo puts 2 away early, which ends up to be too much for NW

Irmo-3
NW-2

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Quote:

This should be great! How can I get on the sidelines for this one!!!!

hetakespictures... you'll have to show up friday night and wait all day saturday for good seats at this one

goal kick
goal kick
NW - 3
Irmo - 1

Very excited to see these two teams play. The manner in which both Irmo and Northwestern won (no matter how different these games were) both show that these teams deserve to be there. Good luck to all!

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
throw in
throw in
Post deleted by mediocrates

goal
goal
props to the ref for doing a pretty good job of keeping things from getting out of hand. was a fairly physical match, but it could have been much worse.

kick off
kick off
i was told that if i wanted to go to the 3A game and then stay for the 4A game, i would have to pay two entrance fees. any truth to this? i highly doubt it...

there are no 'born' soccer players
goal kick
goal kick
Can't be true.

how would they know if showed up for the 3A game and stayed for the 4A game.

Don't think they are going to walk around after the earlier games and tell people they have to leave because they only paid for one game.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Rumor has it ESPN is coming and it will be shown on ESPN U as a tape delay. Any truth to this?

goal kick
goal kick
If it is, that could do wonders for South Carolina soccer in general.

throw in
throw in
This could be epic!

kick off
kick off
Im going with 4-2 NW.

I think NW will net 2 quickly....Irmo will tie it up.
Then I think NW puts it away with 2 goals late.

Watch out for Dennis Moore.....could be a real difference maker in this year's matchup(didnt play in last years game).

Should be a hell of a game.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Lets Compare the two.

Keepers: NW's starter is the same from last year that won state. He has only allowed 5 goals this season. Irmo's keepers have allowed 11 goals. I do not think this game will come down to goalkeeping, though I do think NW might have the advantage because of experience.

Defense:
NW's centerback Robbie Benson, an All-State selection, is one of, if not the best centerback in the state. The other centerback is young but very good. NW's outside backs are both very talented as well. Irmo landed two of their defenders on the All-Region squad, but none on all state. They are a very talented unit, but not quite as good as NW.

Midfield:
NW's Alex Martinez is the best midfielder in the state, bar-none. The way he controls the game reflects his All-State selection. Shawn Ferguson, another All-State selection, dominates the physical aspect of the game with his 6'5" frame. Irmo's midfield is very talented as well. Mukofsky and Acree, both All-State selections, are a force. Both quick and very smart. At the end of the day though, I just don't think they can handle Alex.

Forwards:
NW has Enzo. Need I say more? Oh yeah I should also mention the most talented sophomore in the State Ricardo Garbanzo and junior ODP Region Team standout Dennis Moore. These guys are ridiculously good. Irmo will have lots of trouble containing Enzo, and if they do they still have two other studs to worry about. Irmo also has great talent up top. With senior All-State selections in Varney and McEwan, the Trojan Defense will have to play a very good game to contain them.

There is so much talent on both teams. From my observations, I think NW is the better all around team. This does not mean that NW will win though. These are two of the best teams to ever come out of SC and it should be a match a lifetime. Looking forward to it. I understand I am a little bit biased. Don't bash me for my opinion, I think both teams are good. I just bleed purple!

Prediction:
NW 4
Irmo 2

Last edited by sG; 05/20/09 03:10 AM.

One Time!
kick off
kick off
Quote:

I just bleed purple!

I second that!

K
bench
bench
K
I don't even want to make any predictions... I just want to show up and watch at 7 on Saturday! Should be 8 dollars WELL spent.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Not gonna make a prediction either but definitely believe Irmo will have to play better than they did against Wando if they're gonna be successful against Northwestern. Really looking forward to the individual battle between Enzo and Hubbard.

bench
bench
Irmo is the best team in the land bar none. The determination of the squad in the win they had last night over a strong wando squad shows they can get it done when it needs to get done. It should be a great game and will should be close down to the end but Irmo has Jah's blessing and we will come out on top.

"Football is a part of I, when I play the world wakes up around me" Bob Marley
S
Brace
Brace
S
I think this match comes down to executing set plays. I like Irmo in this area. I think they are due and are playing for more than NHS is. Irmo 3-2 in OT

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Slow down there Robert. How can you say Irmo is the best "bar none"? I mean do you honestly think they are that much better than NW? And unless your some sort of prophet, your comment about Jah, as you call him, just takes all credibility away from you. Get real my friend. Northwestern shall reign!

One Time!
goal
goal
Northwestern 4-1 Irmo. Poor goalkeeping by both teams despite their ridculous stats. Enzo is on a different level altogether. Should be a great game but there is good, great and exceptional and Irmo falls in the great category and NHS in the exceptional ledger.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
S
Brace
Brace
S
Also Irmo dominated run of play in last years semis but fell short. This is pretty much the same NHS team as last year but I wouldn't say the same for Irmo. Irmo knows exactly what to expect and their coaches are very aware of what needs to be done to win this match. Hard for me since I am an NHS alum, but I just think Savitz and company will pull it out.

Good luck to both teams though, this should shape up to be what we have all wanted since this started being talked about last May/June.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
finally, the talk will stop saturday night. the bashing will be over and the truth will come out. trojans just have too much firepower and are too tough defensively. ft mill go one shot on frame and irmo will do better, but the outcome will be the same. i believe that the trojans will prevail 3-1 and will dominate play.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I think a lot of people are staying around to watch this game. Should be a classic. Certainly a lot of friction on this board. Hope you aren't players.

Chapin High School Boy's Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach South Carolina United FC Staff
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Has anyone heard if the ESPN rumor is true? Are they going to be there?

bench
bench
my expierence with Northwestern they were weak in the back and the goalkeeper position....I pick Irmo by 1

brace
brace
13 of the 25 goals FMHS gave up this year were to NWHS (4 more came against another team in one game were they played a man down for about 78 min due to a bad red card call). That means they only gave up 8 goals to everyone else including the two playoff teams they played.

They had a fairly solid defense but NWHS brings so much firepower that FMHS could not slow them down. Perhaps the power of Irmo's offense will keep the ball away from Enzo and CO. I for one am a beliver that NWHS's power and depth will be hard to overcome.

brace
brace
After further review, Wando was not the better team when they met FMHS this year. Wando lost 2-1, close to what Irmo did to them but FMHS did not need overtime.
IRMO struggled to beat Wando! Wando's attack seems to be the highest powered side Irmo faced this year, and they did not shut them down. NWHS will bring that and much more. Irmo will not be able to keep NWHS on thier heels in a defensive posture like they apparently did to Wando once they settled down.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

my expierence with Northwestern they were weak in the back and the goalkeeper position....I pick Irmo by 1

I would call two all state backs weak as well... sarcasm and NW's keepers are underrated.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Who can really know anything about either Irmo's or NW's keepers? None of them have been tested this year. I'm looking forward to a great game. I agree Irmo outplayed NW last year everywhere but on the scoreboard. Irmo is much stronger this year.

brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

I would call two all state backs weak as well... sarcasm and NW's keepers are underrated.

I would agree Foster is very good but does not get much chance to show it, what do you expcet he could be the best keeper in the state but with only (on a bad day) 4-5 shot on frame how much does he get to show???? In fact most games it is 1 shot (or even 0).

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

After further review, Wando was not the better team when they met FMHS this year. Wando lost 2-1, close to what Irmo did to them but FMHS did not need overtime.
IRMO struggled to beat Wando! Wando's attack seems to be the highest powered side Irmo faced this year, and they did not shut them down. NWHS will bring that and much more. Irmo will not be able to keep NWHS on thier heels in a defensive posture like they apparently did to Wando once they settled down.

that game was in the 3rd or so game into the season, all teams mesh and improve as the season goes on. I'm sure the result would be different if they played now.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
but i'm not saying they are awesome team either IRMO was not playing up to their potential last night at all. That team is capable of so much more and many people have witnessed it and know that. And it didn't help that they were basically playing on a beach

Last edited by pinger90; 05/20/09 09:55 PM.
goal
goal
Foster is a very athletic goalkeeper but hasn't had many opportunities to show it, due to Northwestern being Northwestern. I think Saturday is his chance to shine and really establish himself for the 2010 season.

Don't know anything about Irmo's goalkeeper but I have heard he is a good one.

I just hope the game isn't determined by poor goalkeeper play from either side but I do not think it will be.

M
throw in
throw in
M
Quote:

Also Irmo dominated run of play in last years semis but fell short. This is pretty much the same NHS team as last year but I wouldn't say the same for Irmo. Irmo knows exactly what to expect and their coaches are very aware of what needs to be done to win this match. Hard for me since I am an NHS alum, but I just think Savitz and company will pull it out.

Good luck to both teams though, this should shape up to be what we have all wanted since this started being talked about last May/June.

Its the same NW team as last year but they have stepped up their play to another level this year. Benson was an absolute brick wall last night and did not give the FM forward a sniff. They have to cut out some of the sloppy play that they had for patches last night, but if they can do that they win. Even when they were 3-0 up last night, they still had FM sitting in and playing desperation long balls out of the back. There were periods that FM did not touch the ball for multiple minutes at a time. When NW is on their game, it is some of the highest quality high school football that I have ever seen.

Northwestern - 3
irmo - 1

throw in
throw in
I haven't been able to go to many Irmo games this season, so which of Irmo's keepers gets more time, Sullivan or Arneson? Or do they get equal time.

B
bench
bench
B
Sullivan gets more time than Arneson. I'm going with a 2-1 Irmo victory, Seiverding and Acree for Irmo and Enzo for Northwestern. Should be a great game!

brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

that game was in the 3rd or so game into the season, all teams mesh and improve as the season goes on. I'm sure the result would be different if they played now.

Yes Fort Mill has become a closer team over the year

Good point thought.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Sullivan gets more time than Arneson. I'm going with a 2-1 Irmo victory, Seiverding and Acree for Irmo and Enzo for Northwestern. Should be a great game!

Really? Now that's interesting, because last year it appeared that Arneson got more time.

I predict an Irmo victory as well, but it really is up in the air.

M
bench
bench
M
irmo could barely get past wando...they are going to get run by Northwestern in the finals

bench
bench
cmon, all state means nothing...especially when your on a undefeated team. Im not saying Northwestern defense is bad im just pointing out weak spots on their team in comparison to the rest of the squad.

M
throw in
throw in
M
well thats not saying very much at all

C
bench
bench
C
I wouldn't even say they are weak..they're one of the strongest places on the field other than enzo, when you dont give up a goal in playoffs or the last 7 or 8 games theyve played, i dont call that very weak

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Arneson got more time earlier in the year but seemed to lose confidence as the year wore on with some shaky play. Gave up one horrific goal in the White Knoll 9-4 victory (misplayed a ball passed back with it going either under or around his foot as it trickled over the goal line. Sullivan has seen the earlier action since then although both have played all the games up to the Wando game...not sure who played that one.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I would say Irmo's two keepers both play well in doses but i don't feel either one is consistent enough to be considered a strength. Also Irmo's backline is gonna have to play better than what they have recently to neutralize Northwestern's attack. Seems when Irmo pushes numbers forward they are very open to the counter attack.

B
bench
bench
B
NW - 5
Irmo - 2

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Arneson got more time earlier in the year but seemed to lose confidence

Arneson and Sullivan have actually spilt time all year. It would have been a horrific goal in the White Knoll game if it ended there, however since then Arneson has worked specifically on footwork and balls dropped back and has actually gained significant confidence due to that event. His shakey play, as you stated GSdad, has resulted in a total of 3 goals against him all season.
Arneson, Sullivan, and Prim have complimented and pushed each other throughout the season resulting in better skills by all three keepers.

W
kick off
kick off
W
NW 4 IRMO 3 glad to see the two best teams in the final, Enzo's senior year, no let down, good luck

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
2391,how can u say nhs has a weak defense? 9 goals and only 5 against the first defense? two allstate defenders? three of their defenders signing college scholarships and they are weak? if u look at their game by game stats, very few teams even got off shots on goal. weak defense? get real, their defense was good enough for the last three years to produce three state finals. this defense is the same one that limited mighty irmo to one goal and defending state champion and number one ranked spring valley to no goals and no shots on frame. weak defense my #@&%$.... trojans 3-1.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

but i'm not saying they are awesome team either IRMO was not playing up to their potential last night at all. That team is capable of so much more and many people have witnessed it and know that. And it didn't help that they were basically playing on a beach

Yea agreed, Irmo was playing on a beach while wando played on the field with the perfect grass. This explains why irmo didnt dominate. Mike day you are so smart

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Irmo is the best team in the land bar none. The determination of the squad in the win they had last night over a strong wando squad shows they can get it done when it needs to get done. It should be a great game and will should be close down to the end but Irmo has Jah's blessing and we will come out on top.

Your pothead remarks are worthless, Irmo is going to need help from more then your Jah to beat NW.

corner kick
corner kick
YellowJacket, it's time for you to look forward to next year. I understand it was an "off year" for your school, but it's time to play club and get ready for a good year in 2010.

Let's show some sportsmanship and stop the personal attacks on the players

Last edited by Spartan; 05/21/09 02:48 PM.
kick off
kick off
actually we went 6-2 this year in our conference and I wont be playing club, I will just be training with the team in the offseason. So you can stop making your assumptions about which school I attend since you obviously have no idea

corner kick
corner kick
Y'Jacket, Don't let jealousy get the best of you, it's not healthy.

Just be proud of your school and don't let Irmo's success eat at you

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
yes yellow jacket you are always right

kick off
kick off
What does me being proud of my school having anything to do with NW beating Irmo? and i dont think i am jealous of a high school soccer team. And since you edited your post. we did not have an off-year this year, we actually had a very good team

kick off
kick off
me having team pride has nothing to do with the fact that NW will bear spirmo. My team actually did not have an off year we had a very good team. Its too bad the NCAA doesnt play high school teams.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
your an idiot yellow jacket

Last edited by pinger90; 05/21/09 03:40 PM.
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
but back on topic IRMO will win 3-1 in regulation time.. in the high light of the the goals from the news it looked like fm wasn't playing aggressive enough defensivly against a quality team like nw, not going in for balls that could have been won (but that was just from that little clip). IRMO will bring the intensity, take everything and leave nothing. Its going to be a very intense match. Finish it up boyz its the game ya'll have been preparing and waiting for... to show who is really #1 in SC. IRMO! real

bench
bench
was Northwesterns sweeper all state?

brace
brace
Quote:

but back on topic IRMO will win 3-1 in regulation time.. in the high light of the the goals from the news it looked like fm wasn't playing aggressive enough defensivly against a quality team like nw, not going in for balls that could have been won (but that was just from that little clip). IRMO will bring the intensity, take everything and leave nothing. Its going to be a very intense match. Finish it up boyz its the game ya'll have been preparing and waiting for... to show who is really #1 in SC. IRMO! real

Perhaps you need to look a little closer at FMHS stats for D for the year! They are a shutdow D and stopped most everyone they face this year. In fact they survived on defense because they have not been a big scoring machine this year. From the discussion I have seen I would say FMHS keeper is far and away better then what Irmo brings he did have a bad game against NWHS but so have mmost keepers this year.
I go back to the point I made earilier, if you can just barely get by a team FMHS beat in regular time... How are you going to win 3-1 against a team that DOMINATES FMHS 3 out 3 games this year (won 6-1,5-0,2-0)?
Explain using some kind of logic please, or just admit your using your lucky rabbit's foot

S
bench
bench
S
manchester just confirmed ESPN coverage...

this game is huge!!!

im gonna say nw 4-3 after pks

YJ44 you like boys. your comments are ridiculous. time to hang up scsoccer if your playing college in georgia

if your not first. your last.
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

was Northwesterns sweeper all state?

Yes, centerback Robbie Benson was all-state. Shawn Ferguson, who was also all-state, who usually plays center-mid, will also probably start in the back. Zack Clark has been slightly injured and has not been starting in the midfield. I'm pretty sure he will be ready saturday. And don't forget, he was also all-state last year and is headed to Liberty to play. So watch out for that stout NW Defense Irmo!

One Time!
bench
bench
still all the same i think irmo will exploit nw's d

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
If by exploit you mean score a couple of goals, then yes you are right. Irmo might score 1 or 2 goals, but I guarantee NW will "exploit" Irmo's defense and score 3+. I'll stick with my prediction, NW 4 Irmo 2.

One Time!
bench
bench
Quote:

Slow down there Robert. How can you say Irmo is the best "bar none"? I mean do you honestly think they are that much better than NW? And unless your some sort of prophet, your comment about Jah, as you call him, just takes all credibility away from you. Get real my friend. Northwestern shall reign!

I do not honestly think that either team is better. They match up pretty evenly on paper and i think it will boil down to how well Irmos backfield can contain enzo and alex. But on the comment about Jah, i do not think im a prophet, all im doing is getting my team pumped up. By the way, you even know what Jah is lad?

"Football is a part of I, when I play the world wakes up around me" Bob Marley
kick off
kick off
I'm not really a big fan of either of this teams. But i have seen and played them. NW is a great team and so is Irmo. Saying that i hate what im about to say but i believe irmo is goin to pull out with the W. They have the all around players besides in the goal. But neither teams are strong in that position. And i hope ESPN is there bc south carolina has great soccer all over the state.

Irmo 2
NW 1

throw in
throw in
Northwestern:
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 196-127-6
Goals Scored: 144 - Goals Allowed: 9

Irmo:
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 197-139-11
Goals Scored: 152 - Goals Allowed: 11

Should be a great matchup with lots of opportunities and hopefully goals for both sides, want to look good for the rest of the nation on ESPN. Having said this i give an unbiased edge to Northwestern becuase they know what it is like to play in these big games with the big pressure i think theyll put it out and bring home their third championship under the guidance of Enzo.
4-2 NW

throw in
throw in
Irmo vs. Northwestern

Each team proves their offensive prowess by averaging 6+ goals per game and their defensive stability by averaging less than .5 goals against per game.

Enzo and Alex will provide NHS with a lot of options in the attacking third by engaging defenders and playing through the lines.

Acree, Leo, and Emmitt will be able to control the ball and break down NHS defense through passing and movement off the ball. This combined with the holding capability of Kyle M. and the pace of Varney will work in Irmo’s favor.

As said before, each team has a solid defense. This being the case, I still feel as though it will be an offensive transition game. A stellar offense verse a solid defense will provide the crowd with a lot of goal scoring opportunities.

Final score:
Irmo – 5
Northwestern – 3

The ability of Irmo to break down defenses through movement on and off the ball will be too much for NHS to handle. Enzo and Alex will find a way to keep NHS in the game through individual moments of brilliance.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
No way Enzo loses his last high school game.
NW 4
irmo 1

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

No way Enzo loses his last high school game.
NW 4
irmo 1

I think that many people only think that this is Enzo last game. There is a whole squad of Irmo seniors that want to bring the CHAMPIONSHIP back to Irmo and for themselves. All I am saying is that there are going to be 15+ seniors on both teams that will do anything to win this game(not just one player)

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Really one person is not gonna make a difference against a team like IRMO and then you got hubbard man marking him making his touches as minimal as possible. As good as enzo is he won't win them the game

throw in
throw in
a player does change the game in these big games, look how many times ronaldo has changed it for manu by one simple kick or drogba has changed it by getting a dumb card or missing a chance.....i realize that is professionals, but the same reasoning applies one shot out of the blue can change the game, their is no way how good the irmo defense is that they will be able to stop northwestern and especially enzo

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
sorry guys didnt mean to spark a debate. I was just saying that this is Enzos last game. Who, is considered possibly by some the best HS player in SC ever.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I'm pretty sure hubbard did a very good job of shuting him down last time these teams met in upper state.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
I'm sure these little debates will go on untill the final result

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
He may have (who won that game by the way), but has hubbard scored about a bazillion goals and won two state championships while playing in three.

throw in
throw in
I'm sure even after the winner is decided on Saturday, debate will continue til the following state championship in 2010. Also if you think about..... debate will never end because theres always opinions that are going to be expressed and will continue for eternity.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
That wasn't my point sholes and I'm not gonna start about that game last year IRMO will settle it on sat.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
RobertT
Of course I know who Jah is. It means God and is most commonly used in the Rastafari movement, which most people do not agree with. That is why I said what I said.

To everyone who thinks Irmo is going to drop more than two goals on NW, every one of you are lunatics. I'll say it again, All-STATE DEFENDERS ROBBIE BENSON AND SHAWN FERGUSON, will not give that many goals up. The way they control that third of the field is very rare. Their communication, knowledge of the game, skills, and never say die attitudes, will not allow Irmo's offense to take over this game. Its just not going to happen. Northwestern shall reign!!! NW 4 Irmo 2

Last edited by sG; 05/22/09 03:23 AM.

One Time!
corner kick
corner kick
It's going to be a good game, but Northwestern has never beaten Irmo when playing at Memorial Stadium

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

It's going to be a good game, but Northwestern has never beaten Irmo when playing at Memorial Stadium

Ha that is irrelevant.

One Time!
M
throw in
throw in
M
Quote:

None of these players were in high school the last time they played each other in the state championship game at memorial stadium. In fact, as it has been said before, the current irmo players have never even been this far while this is Northwestern's 4th straight championship game, so experience could be a big factor as well.

And now that I think about it, that state championship game was the last time irmo actually beat Northwestern.

Last edited by MUnited; 05/22/09 03:41 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
Sorry sG, but ya can't ignore history. I don't know, it might be a curse or something.

Northwestern lost a heart breaker to IRMO the last time they played there.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Yeah I was there, but come on lets be serious. It does not matter where they play unless you believe in curses or superstitions or bad luck or omens or whatever. It does not matter. Like MUnited said, none of the players on either team have played in a championship at Memorial. And if NW loses, it will not be because of some "curse," it will be because NW shot themselves in the foot and choked. Nonetheless, NW is not going to lose. Northwestern shall reign!!!

One Time!
corner kick
corner kick
You have a point sG. It may just be the difference in the grass in the Upstate and the Midlands.

The Memorial field plays a lot faster when it doesn't "reign".

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
The are a few differences in the Graveyard and Memorial. The dimensions of Memorial, I believe, are significantly smaller and obviously the surface is not as good as the Graveyard. I do not believe this will play a big role in the game, but you never know. NW's home field is as good as it gets. It has a great surface and its width and length are as big as regulations allow. Irmo's pitch is high quality as well. Playing at Memorial will be a downsize for both teams, but I don't think it will matter.

One Time!
kick off
kick off
NW 4 - Irmo 1

The only way Irmo will score is off a throw in. they couldnt even get build up against Wando. They scored all of their goals from set pieces. If the field is not very wide. Irmo may be able to put in more than one. With a wide field, they wont even score one. Irmos defense has been penetrated by multiple teams in their region, which their offenses dont even compare to NW. NW offense will dominate the game. and Their defense wont be broken down.

S
kick off
kick off
S
3-2 NW

NW is just has an unreal attack. They will create many chances and eventually start to put those chances away. At times it seems like they are playing 4 up top.

While their offense is legit, their defense is average which will allow irmo to burry a few but not enough to keep up with NW attack

throw in
throw in
Quote:

They scored all of their goals from set pieces.

YJ44... if you pay attention to the NCAA National Tournament you will find that most goals are scored off of set pieces, not too many during the run of play.

goal
goal
Northwestern's defense is way above average.

You people make me laugh.

throw in
throw in
dare I say the irmo players on here are almost as bad as wandos and bc parents????????????????????

throw in
throw in
how can you fault a team for taking their chances??? every professional player loves it when they get opportunities with corners and throw in or free kicks it ridiculous to criticize a team for scoring on set plays...youre just jealous cuz bc or cn did one of their ridiculous set plays on your team

and sG you are completely wrong by saying irmo has a better pitch that memorial... of course memorial is not as big as the graveyard but no high school stadium is and their pitch is top quality and prolly the best i seen in cola, no dirt patches or bumbs at all on the field and their seeting on both sides unlike the graveyard so that is an advantage

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Zola have you been to W.C. Hawkins to see Irmo play this year, the pitch is absolutely fantastic. I've seen college fields that aren't as nice as what Irmo got to play on this year.

throw in
throw in
sadly no i have not, i was hoping their game against wando would be there but oh well:( but i do know that their drainage system their is below par

throw in
throw in
i have been to memorial and richland one, dreher and the soccer board have done everything they can to keep the field in top shape and it certainly has worked because this season their field has been pristine, immaculate, etc....;)

goal kick
goal kick
GianFranco - NW has the maximum dimensions the schsl will allow. I'm guessing that that is the size of the graveyard... just saying

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

and sG you are completely wrong by saying irmo has a better pitch that memorial... of course memorial is not as big as the graveyard but no high school stadium is and their pitch is top quality and prolly the best i seen in cola, no dirt patches or bumbs at all on the field and their seeting on both sides unlike the graveyard so that is an advantage

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. Like someone just said, Irmo's pitch is quality and playing at Memorial is definately a downgrade. Not as much as it is for NW though. And you are right about the seating situation. It has more seats, but I will bet anything it will be packed out.

One Time!
G
bench
bench
G
This link is posted in another thread, but it bears repeating...nice coverage. Too bad WIS-TV chose to focus on hair color instead of soccer...ESPN wrote a much more interesting story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/news/story?id=4197621

Goal
Goal
Quote:

dare I say the irmo players on here are almost as bad as wandos and bc parents????????????????????

WTH!!!

I've been on here all year and I can't recall one condescending remark made by a BC parent. Please backup your statement.

You on the other hand must really like hearing yourself talk. Not really saying anything worthwhile and then replying to your own post.

Just curious, why did you decide to change your name?

See you at the games

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Goal
Goal
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one. Like someone just said, Irmo's pitch is quality and playing at Memorial is definately a downgrade. Not as much as it is for NW though. And you are right about the seating situation. It has more seats, but I will bet anything it will be packed out.

Irmo's field in the past has been garbage. Their AD/football coach likes to run downhill so it will always have that football crown and the touchlines usually are dirt due to that's where the football players stand during the game. It's pretty narrow too for today's high school soccer standards. It looked better this year from some pictures I saw posted on here with the Barbie blonds running all over it.

I haven't seen Northwestern's new field but remember the red clay of Rock Hill vividly from years ago. That place was a dump. I hear the new place is really nice (just like that awesome program they have up there now).

Memorial gets a bad wrap but it's a good high school facility. Kind of reminds me of old Sirrine Stadium in Greenville. Richland School District One has put a lot of money into the remodeling of that entire athletic facility in Rosewood and I don't see where it will be a problem tomorrow night.

Now if only Dreher could get some decent Blue Devil teams to return to playing on that pitch!

50th for a reason!
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I propose a wager. If NW wins then pinger has to run out onto the field and dye his hair purple. If irmo wins then pinger doesnt have to do that. Whos in

throw in
throw in
im not saying it condescending i was just referring to how much talk they have done since the wando game, its unheard of, i expect parents to do that but i dont like it when the players do

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

I propose a wager. If NW wins then pinger has to run out onto the field and dye his hair purple. If irmo wins then pinger doesnt have to do that. Whos in

i like your thinking scholes!

true or false: pinger is the most-hated poster on scsoccer

should be alot closer than i thought. heard irmo boys are fired up for this one!!

if your not first. your last.
M
throw in
throw in
M
if you aren't fired up, you don't belong in the state championship game. it will come down to execution.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Not sure about years in the past but this season, Irmo's field was "like butter".

throw in
throw in
Quote:

despite this being the most hilarious post of the season, pinger will already be on the field either crying or thanking acree and mucofsky for his new ring

throw in
throw in
the message boards have really dried up, i guess the irmo coaches told their players to take a day off from the message boards

bench
bench
Prediction
Northwestern 4
Irmo 2

Although a lot of the talk has been about Enzo, I feel that his supporting cast will prove themselves and be too much for Irmo to handle. My prediction is that Enzo will break free to put at least one away but Garbonzo/Moore will add a few as well. If anyone has game footage/video available please let me know, for I unfortunately will be unable to attend the match. Thanks

throw in
throw in
I heard their selling scalped tickets in the parking lot 5 for 45!

Yeah!! HAHA
corner kick
corner kick
Wow....That head Ref has quite an EGO

S
bench
bench
S
Final NW 3 - Irmo 1

Goal
Goal
Quite simply, the better team (and the best I've ever seen on the final weekend in Columbia) won last night. What an atmosphere! Say what you will about Stone Stadium but Memorial Stadium is the best setting for the High School State Championships. Having the two teams on each side of the field is tremendous and the 8,000 on hand last night saw an intense battle for 7/8 of the match.

I've never seen a soccer team so fit and powerful as Northwestern. They dominated the midfield, especially #2, and their forward trio of #10, #14, and #17 just proved to be too much for Irmo. #3 is a hammer in the back and plays the game with such awareness. #7 is a workhorse who goes 100 miles per hour and has some deadly throw-ins (so did #8 for Irmo - geesh, 40-yard throw-ins on absolute ropes). #24 is a towering figure and really dominated in the air. #8 is strong on the ball and #12 seemed ready every time he was called on. Impressive!

When it was 3-0 it might have well been 10-0 because even though there is a gulf between NHS and IHS this year compared to everyone else, there is a definite gap between #1 and #2. Any other Irmo team would have taken home the title, but the run that the Trojans are enjoying right now is simply unbelievable. 3 state titles in 4 years and a 4A Upper State Championship every season since 2003 except for 2005 when they lost in the finals of that playoff stage.

I don't want to discredit Irmo - they are fantastic, too. But, really no comparison this season. #10 was outstanding. #4 was very good. I never saw #7 and thought that Irmo looked suspect with #9, #16, and #20 in the back - but who wouldn't against NHS? One weak spot looked to be in the net especially in the second half. A couple of reflex saves, but not much presence in the box for such a big match.

It was a joy watching Enzo for the last time and I'm sure we will see him excel at Chapel Hill as will all the other guys going wherever they are headed.

50th for a reason!
goal
goal
3-1... yaaaaa

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard