Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
bench
bench
my expierence with Northwestern they were weak in the back and the goalkeeper position....I pick Irmo by 1

brace
brace
13 of the 25 goals FMHS gave up this year were to NWHS (4 more came against another team in one game were they played a man down for about 78 min due to a bad red card call). That means they only gave up 8 goals to everyone else including the two playoff teams they played.

They had a fairly solid defense but NWHS brings so much firepower that FMHS could not slow them down. Perhaps the power of Irmo's offense will keep the ball away from Enzo and CO. I for one am a beliver that NWHS's power and depth will be hard to overcome.

brace
brace
After further review, Wando was not the better team when they met FMHS this year. Wando lost 2-1, close to what Irmo did to them but FMHS did not need overtime.
IRMO struggled to beat Wando! Wando's attack seems to be the highest powered side Irmo faced this year, and they did not shut them down. NWHS will bring that and much more. Irmo will not be able to keep NWHS on thier heels in a defensive posture like they apparently did to Wando once they settled down.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

my expierence with Northwestern they were weak in the back and the goalkeeper position....I pick Irmo by 1

I would call two all state backs weak as well... sarcasm and NW's keepers are underrated.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Who can really know anything about either Irmo's or NW's keepers? None of them have been tested this year. I'm looking forward to a great game. I agree Irmo outplayed NW last year everywhere but on the scoreboard. Irmo is much stronger this year.

brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

I would call two all state backs weak as well... sarcasm and NW's keepers are underrated.

I would agree Foster is very good but does not get much chance to show it, what do you expcet he could be the best keeper in the state but with only (on a bad day) 4-5 shot on frame how much does he get to show???? In fact most games it is 1 shot (or even 0).

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

After further review, Wando was not the better team when they met FMHS this year. Wando lost 2-1, close to what Irmo did to them but FMHS did not need overtime.
IRMO struggled to beat Wando! Wando's attack seems to be the highest powered side Irmo faced this year, and they did not shut them down. NWHS will bring that and much more. Irmo will not be able to keep NWHS on thier heels in a defensive posture like they apparently did to Wando once they settled down.

that game was in the 3rd or so game into the season, all teams mesh and improve as the season goes on. I'm sure the result would be different if they played now.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
but i'm not saying they are awesome team either IRMO was not playing up to their potential last night at all. That team is capable of so much more and many people have witnessed it and know that. And it didn't help that they were basically playing on a beach

Last edited by pinger90; 05/20/09 09:55 PM.
goal
goal
Foster is a very athletic goalkeeper but hasn't had many opportunities to show it, due to Northwestern being Northwestern. I think Saturday is his chance to shine and really establish himself for the 2010 season.

Don't know anything about Irmo's goalkeeper but I have heard he is a good one.

I just hope the game isn't determined by poor goalkeeper play from either side but I do not think it will be.

M
throw in
throw in
M
Quote:

Also Irmo dominated run of play in last years semis but fell short. This is pretty much the same NHS team as last year but I wouldn't say the same for Irmo. Irmo knows exactly what to expect and their coaches are very aware of what needs to be done to win this match. Hard for me since I am an NHS alum, but I just think Savitz and company will pull it out.

Good luck to both teams though, this should shape up to be what we have all wanted since this started being talked about last May/June.

Its the same NW team as last year but they have stepped up their play to another level this year. Benson was an absolute brick wall last night and did not give the FM forward a sniff. They have to cut out some of the sloppy play that they had for patches last night, but if they can do that they win. Even when they were 3-0 up last night, they still had FM sitting in and playing desperation long balls out of the back. There were periods that FM did not touch the ball for multiple minutes at a time. When NW is on their game, it is some of the highest quality high school football that I have ever seen.

Northwestern - 3
irmo - 1

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard