Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
goal
goal
S
Wow, Mavs Soccer Dad is so geeked up before the big game he can't get to sleep.

Mavsupporter: Thanks

kick off
kick off
It amazes me that Wando wins back to back Championships and makes to the final for a chance to Three PEAT but never has to play a team at full strength. WOW they must just be the luckiest team in the State.

Definition of Luck:

When hard work and persistance meet opportunity!!!!!

ROSS!!! For no reason!
corner kick
corner kick
They didn't tell you, MRoss? We grow shamrocks on our field over there at Wando ;-). Goes along with our tactic of siccing the sandgnats on opposing teams and then stealing their wallets.

Preseason training is running around trying to find the pot of gold.

=D

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
My question is, how did you train all the grass to shift and stay under the Wando players' feet and leave the opponents playing in sand? Leprechaun magic?

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
Now now. A true magician never reveals his tricks.

PS. Clear out your PM quota, I have something to send to you. Pack rat.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
D
Goal
Goal
D
Sounds like both Mauldin and Wando are healthy, so this time tomorrow night we shouldn't be reading "well, we could've won... if". And, it should be a great game, close, between two powerhouse teams with plenty of player credentials on both sides.

That said, I think Mauldin has the edge going into the game. One of the players listed by mavsupporter absent from last year's final that can have a big impact in a championship game is Nemecek. If she shows up with her defensive game face on she can change the game. And, given her attacking skills, out of the back or at midfield, she is probably one of the most underrated players in the state.

However, the reason I believe Mauldin has the edge going in has to do with the midfield. The Lisson sisters in the midfield for Wando are a formidable duo, but I believe next year will be their year of dominance in a game of this caliber. Schaidle for Mauldin has been playing incredibly well for the last 9 months, and I believe she and her teammates at center mid will win the heated battle for control of the middle... what I think will be the difference in the game.

Moquin's direction of the defense for Wando should stifle most of the attacking efforts of the younger Mauldin forwards, but perhaps not all. The absence of Jade Davis from last year's Wando team may play a role. Not taking anything away from Amelia, but there are some younger Mauldin forwards and midfielders that will be looking for some redemption after last Fall's State Cup finals. For Mauldin, just don't go to penalty kicks... Amelia's bread-and-butter since U-11 with MPSC.

Winning goal... Schaidle from outside the 18.

Of course, what do I know... my daughter's team will be sitting at home tomorrow night. Congratulations and good luck to all those who made it to the finals.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

1977:
I remember starters being out last year, can you please name the three that were injured last year that will be playing this year, and also who replaced them last year in the final. That will help me figure out if they are stronger this year. Thanks

I remember starters being out last year, can you please name the three that were injured last year that will be playing this year, and who replaced them last year in the final. That will help me figure out if they are stronger this year. Thanks

Yes I will do that, however it would be inappropriate to convey this on a public message board, consequently will shortly send you a private message. May be you can publicly confirm that this has been done so that the interested people on this board know that I am not blowing smoke.

This depth will give Mauldin the advantage in the latter stages of the game. Coach Czar is able to substitute skill with skill.

corner kick
corner kick
On a different note, I would like to thank the administration at Mauldin for rescheduling the football scrimmage, allowing the football team too attend today's game. I don't know to many schools that would extend that kind of support to a girls soccer team.

Only time will tell
world cup
world cup
Quote:

This year Mauldin Girls have shown great determination and confidence in all their Upper State games. They have played all but one game at home and although last Mondays game against Fort Mill went into overtime, it was territorially one sided and the bombardment of the Fort Mill goal continued unabated for a large portion of the game. The Fort Mill girls looked exhausted before the overtime period commenced and did not get a shot on goal after the first half time. Mauldin’s passing game penetrated their defense with relative ease as far as the packed penalty area.

Can I remind you that you were 15 minutes away from staying home tonight? The "bombardment" of the Fort Mill goal in the second half of Monday's match resulted in only one goal. There were no great chances whistling just wide, nothing hit the woodwork and the Fort Mill keeper was not forced to make any great saves. After you got the goal, you still had another 15 minutes to put the game away but despite the "relentless attack", you never mustered anything against an "exhausted" (and under-sized) Fort Mill squad.

Also, neither of your OT goals came from the run of play despite the fact that you say Mauldin's passing game penetrated the Lady Jacket defense with "relative ease".

I'm concerned about tonight?

Either you are not giving FM the credit deserved, or, you may not be quite the juggernaut you think you are? Too much Orange Koolaid?

I wish you luck......and don't underestimate Wando. Should be a great match between the two best teams in the state. Both sides earned the trip and certainly deserve to be in Columbia.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Hurst,

I thought you were out of town or something as we didn't see a recap of the FM game from Monday night.

Glad your back in the mix.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard