Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
AAAA

Thanks to Hurst for the more realistic view of the Mauldin/FM match. I believe that Wando and Mauldin are evenly matched, but I would go with Wando - Mauldin may be believing the fans hype (shades of Riverside/HH last year). Wando 3 Mauldin 2

AAA

Another fairly even match, but I believe that SA has an edge with the upperclassmen. Also (and taking nothing away from SA), after watching SA/HH I believe that it is just SA's year. SA 3 Riverside 1

One caveat - I am the worst prognosticater that I know. I have a brother that likes to bet a little on football, and he likes to call me before a big game, get my pick and bet against me. I believe that he can retire soon.

Sould be a great weekend in Columbia. Many, many thanks to all those that work so hard behind the scenes and/or performing less desirable roles to make these events (and those throughout the season) possible. God holds a special place for those that work so hard and selflessly - even referees and the Heise brothers

brace
brace
Hursts is spot on with his comments! FM only bent they never really broke after giving up the equalizer. The Mauldin attack was well run but could not get through the determined defense of the younger and small Jackets. That said they did control the ball very well and FM was playing to deny the score more than to work the ball out for a scoring opportunity.
In over time Mauldin did look fresher and had the benefit of a couple of calls to help put them over the top (not saying bad or good call, just that both score came off of them).
I will say this though if Wando lets Mauldin control the all in the middle 1/3 like FM did then they are in trouble too. Mauldin plays the ball out of the air as well as any girls team I have ever seen, almost every girl puts the header in play to a teammate.

Good Luck Mavs

Mavs 2 Wando 1

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

AAA

Another fairly even match, but I believe that SA has an edge with the upperclassmen. Also (and taking nothing away from SA), after watching SA/HH I believe that it is just SA's year. SA 3 Riverside 1

One caveat - I am the worst prognosticater that I know. I have a brother that likes to bet a little on football, and he likes to call me before a big game, get my pick and bet against me. I believe that he can retire soon.

I hope...just this once...you're right

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Since no money is riding on it, I probably am.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

I know you haven't seen Wando play this year.
I also guess you forgot the Parkview outcome for Mauldin and Wando.

Don't forget the other common opponent Eastside.
Eastside 1
Wando 1

Mauldin 3
Eastside 0

Wando/Eastside was a shortened game at Viking Cup. A full 80 minutes and Wando would definately win by more goals (sorry, eastside b/c you did play great) I wouldn't count on any gimme goals tonight.

I agree with Hurst, the two best teams in the state are meeting tonight. It was a great match last year and I'm sure both teams will give a great game tonight. Wando and Mauldin each earned the trip and deserve to be there.

I also agree with another post that it may come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes.

Wando 3, Mauldin 1

Everyone have a safe trip!

throw in
throw in
Quote: I wish you luck......and don't underestimate Wando. Should be a great match between the two best teams in the state. Both sides earned the trip and certainly deserve to be in Columbia: Unquote

Many thanks for the good wishes. Fort Mill had a wonderful run and gave Mauldin the hardest test they have had in the region, we were pleased you beat Dorman as this would have been the fourth time Mauldin would have had to have beat them in a row. We certainly didn't expect even sterner opposition from Fort Mill.

S
goal
goal
S
After reading 1977"s PM to me, I would agree Mauldin has a stronger attack than last year. Good luck to everyone, it's going to be a great game.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard