Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
corner kick
corner kick
I'm just saying you rarely see it called. It doesn't apply to this play because the keeper did not have control.

I guess my main point is..When enforcing the rules, officials don't do as much as they should to protect the keeper.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Were you referring to "persistent infringement?"

L
Goal
Goal
L
time for be to move up to 3a for soccer. Once in a blue-moon they have a competitive game against aa 2a opponent.
doubt, schsl would allow it if be wanted to move up.

C
Coach
Coach
C
VERY rarely called. Had an incident last year in the last minute of a 0-0 game where an opposing forward charged my keeper, put a knee in her midsection, and actually cracked her rib--after the ball had bounced away--no call. Other team scored the game-winner on a wide open goal while she was rolling on the ground in pain. Still no call.

This one doesn't compare...I see two players going for a loose ball. A keeper diving onto someone's foot to try to take the ball can also be called for a dangerous play, by the way.

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
Quote:

Since the Refs deal with these things in realtime with no replays or different camera angles. I believe they handled the call the best they could. I believe Waccamaw still had time on the clock to get the equalizer but just couldn't put it away.

To be clear when I said "no brainer" I am refering to those of us who have the luxury of replay. In real time the call would have been much harder to make, but not impossible. I think refs sometimes get so caught up in the "I do not want to effect the outcome" thing that they forfit thier #1 responsibility on the field PLAYER SAFETY!!!! There should have been no dount in his mind , or the sideline judge, who's job it was to be in position to make a call, that the contact iniated by the striker was a dangerous play.

Is it fair that keepers should get the benefit of the doubt in contact plays??
Yes, if you want to keep them safe, elsewise it becomes open season for keepers to get runover if the fwds can just barely beat them to the ball. You stand still trying to catch a ball and let someone run you over because they can touch it 1/10th of a sec before you.

As for the vote count,, well some one email the losing team I am sure when can run up the numbers
It's the thought and discussion that counts not the vote outcome. I have not heard any defense of the attacking player and her agressive play, justify her reckless, as in no reguard for keeper injury, move and I will be willing to listen.

World Cup
World Cup
10 to 4

Whatever the final thoughts/votes/discussion may be, I hope the keeper is ok.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Would it be a foul if your daughter was the keeper?
Whether it was a foul or not..I felt it was a wreckless play..Make that 10.5 to 4.5

brace
brace
Stop the video at 1:33 and you see the keep is going down for the ball and the striker goes fwd into the keeper. There was no way the striker was going to get the ball without making contct with the keeper and that in and of it self was dangerous. Had it been two field players (and keeper was staying upright kicking ball) then a charge would have been called for the way the striker went into her out of control. IMHO it was a charge and should have been called as such. In not makeing the call the ref has said it is ok to plow the keeper over. His desire to not effect the game resulted in his effecting the game by not making a call that no one (well there is always someone questioning every call) would have questioned, at the very least it would be easier to defend the call than the non call!!

L
Goal
Goal
L
Reckless/dangerous challenge by the attacker……. Call back the goal and yellow card for the attacker.

so you can blow out the keeper if she doesn't have control? i don't think, so.

Last edited by letmeputittooyouthisway; 05/21/09 05:28 PM.
G
bench
bench
G
After watching the clip many times, it is still impossible to see exactly what happened. The referee and his assistant were in the best position to make the call and they did what they felt was right. What is the difference between this play and one where the keeper and the field player go after the ball on a breakaway?

The call that the ref made isn't going to change, so is there really a need to accuse a high school girl of being malicious? If the tables were turned, I doubt you would see anyone from Bishop England saying they were cheated. The referee set a precedent at the start of the game about not calling any hits on the keeper- don't think Waccamaw wasn't just as guilty for hitting the Bishop England keeper.

That said, Waccamaw had a great season. They have really built a good program and they are always dangerous. Their two forwards are one of the best duos in South Carolina high school soccer.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard