throw in
OP Offline
throw in
And let the debate begin......

J
Brace
Brace
J
what debate? You can't argue a 3-1 game.....Irmo lost, NW won....good physical game, good exposure for SC, what else can you ask for?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
I'm not asking for an arguement I'm merely asking for peoples opinions that's all.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Great game. High energy and fast paced from start to finish. Compare this with the 3A game which was very disappointing. I was really impressed with Alex Martinez. He dominated the center of the field. Congratulations to NW. The only low point was the immature behavior of #7 for Irmo at the end of the game.

throw in
OP Offline
throw in
Are you referring to Varney's shove on Alex Martinez

J
Brace
Brace
J
I believe that a spectator said that Alex had thrown an elbow at #7's head just prior to this....so I think it was tit for tat. If true, not a good thing to do when your team is up 3-1 with 10 seconds left....that is not real mature behavior...especially if #7 is a senior and could just pound him for being stupid since he wouldn't be back next year anyways.....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Just got back from the game. NW had more skill and earned the win but was extremely dirty. The ref left the game get out of hand. When was the last time you saw a player strip off his shirt after a goal and not get carded (Enzo), or a player intentionally stop a ball with his arm on a free kick in the box and not get carded. What about an Irmo attack down the sideline just outside the box and a NW player pulls a player down to the ground with two hands on his arm. shouldn't that be a card? Virtually tackled Acree after he scorded the PK and tried to run the ball up to midfield. Only a yellow? That should be a straight red. Granted Irmo got a PK for the hand in the box but only after the AR called it. It was so obvious and the Center ref didn't call it. Where was he from? so many dirty fouls that didn't get called and many that did. I guess it's win at all costs and play as dirty as the ref will let you.

Just had to vent (also the irmo fans were far classier than NW's.

throw in
throw in
alex martinez man of the match!!! he dominated midfield!

throw in
throw in
GSDad in the game before, the player for Eastside stripped off his shirt and wasnt carded

alex and enzo martinez are pure class as well as garbonzo and #8, that center defensive mid

the pitch was beautiful just like it old everyone it would be

L
bench
bench
L
Quote:

Just got back from the game. NW had more skill and earned the win but was extremely dirty. The ref left the game get out of hand. When was the last time you saw a player strip off his shirt after a goal and not get carded (Enzo), or a player intentionally stop a ball with his arm on a free kick in the box and not get carded. What about an Irmo attack down the sideline just outside the box and a NW player pulls a player down to the ground with two hands on his arm. shouldn't that be a card? Virtually tackled Acree after he scorded the PK and tried to run the ball up to midfield. Only a yellow? That should be a straight red. Granted Irmo got a PK for the hand in the box but only after the AR called it. It was so obvious and the Center ref didn't call it. Where was he from? so many dirty fouls that didn't get called and many that did. I guess it's win at all costs and play as dirty as the ref will let you.

Just had to vent (also the irmo fans were far classier than NW's.

Remember, it's all about angles. The referee can't see everything, that's why he/she has assistants. In regards to whether fouls should be cards or not.....this is up to the referee's discretion. Typically, in a match like this you will see, or should see, the referee allowing the play to continue.

Who were the officials in all of the games? It sounds like all of them had quite a challenge on their hands.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard