Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
throw in
throw in
yeah mike day did get crossed up by Alexis Martin(es) as the announcer would say

on that pk i was so confused cuz padula was getting ready to take the throw and than they just called a pk out of the blue, but thank you for clearing it up, besides varneys free kick did the nw keeper make a save?

kick off
kick off
Either the goalie or enzo got a hand or head or acree's corner kick in the first half if you want to count that

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
is there any link to a video of the game. i heard that the first goal by garbonzo was just plain dirty

throw in
throw in
yeah it was beautiufl alex made a spectacular run through 4 irmo players his shot hit the post and garbonzo was there to not just tap it in but bike it in

G
bench
bench
G
The half time adjustment by Northwestern proved to be the difference. Scoring 3 goals in a 8 min span, Irmo did not know what had hit them , Then Irmo started playing dirty from that point on. Sad # 7 had to get ejected. He was by far their best player.

Last edited by goodbye; 05/24/09 04:01 PM.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Its been a great season watching and discussing HS soccer, and until next season...
SCHOLES OUT!!

goal
goal
The better team won. My prediction of 3-1 was correct. Physical match, I would not call it dirty but a very emotional game. Both teams wanted it.

The first half was very scrappy. The second half was better but overall it was physical, hard fought match by both sides.

Kevin Ray for Northwestern had a phenomenal game in defense. It was nice to see one of the younger players step up big.

throw in
throw in
#7, Varney? wow i thought nw defense shut down varney and mcewan they were not able to get going at all im not sure i agree with you on that goodbye

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

I don't think that was it.

After the ball hit the wall(could have been a hand) the ball bounced back to Acree who dribbled by a couple of defenders into the box before losing it, after NW cleared the ball, Acree was shoved to the ground. The AR saw it but the center was looking a different way. After a discussion Irmo was awarded a pk.

If a foul was called and Acree was awarded a PK, don't you think there would have been a card given? Is there any situation when a foul in the field outside the box will result in a PK? The only one I can think of is if the last defender pulls down a player on a break. But that's an automatic red card.

The call was on the hand ball.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
This may be off topic, but does anyone know if Taylor Varney signed with Coastal Carolina? I know he was a Chanticleer commit at one point, but ESPN(RISE) had him as a USC Sumter commit in their article...

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard