Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
throw in
throw in
YJ44,
Just so you know, 3 of the 4 goals scored were from set pieces.

goal kick
goal kick
GSDad

cards aren't always given on fouls in the box. As i previously posted Acree dribbled into the box where he was fouled.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a hand ball because the ref would have called that right away and he let play continue for a good 7 or so seconds before he blew the whistle. When he blew his whistle was when he saw the AR waving his flag because he had seen the foul.

It doesn't matter though because Irmo got the pk but still lost the game.

Congratulations to NW on a perfect season.

S
throw in
throw in
S
varney is not going to usc sumter .. espn rise just got some wrong facts...varney is undecided

goal kick
goal kick
I thought he had already signed to play at Coastal Carolina.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that was it.

After the ball hit the wall(could have been a hand) the ball bounced back to Acree who dribbled by a couple of defenders into the box before losing it, after NW cleared the ball, Acree was shoved to the ground. The AR saw it but the center was looking a different way. After a discussion Irmo was awarded a pk.

If a foul was called and Acree was awarded a PK, don't you think there would have been a card given? Is there any situation when a foul in the field outside the box will result in a PK? The only one I can think of is if the last defender pulls down a player on a break. But that's an automatic red card.

The call was on the hand ball.

I was on the sideline last night (Northwestern bench side) observing crowd control and hosting Sheldon Shealer of ESPN Rise magazine. A former high school coach was with us as well and he was near the trainers tent at the non-scoreboard end of Memorial Stadium where the infraction took place. I asked him what happened on the penalty kick and he said that it was awarded due to an obvious push in the box. I don't know the specifics, but it makes sense as the hand ball would have been seen directly by the referee (and myself since that line of view was in front of me). The push down of Zach Acree took place on the Irmo touchline side away from me and no cautions were issued, but the penalty kick was awarded after consultation with the AR. It was converted to make the score 3-1 in favor of the Trojans.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

YJ44,
Just so you know, 3 of the 4 goals scored were from set pieces.

ok? Irmos only real chances that entire game were off those long throws. Where NW created many chances that resulted in corners that they converted on two of them. One not directly but after Alex's shot hit the post. Thanks for that useless information that im well aware of.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Thanks for clarifying it. Any reason why Enzo wasn't carded after running around half naked after his goal?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

ok? Irmos only real chances that entire game were off those long throws. -cut-

Holy Crap!!!! Achmed amazed by power of Irmo's through-in.

Achmed needs to try and hire this kid to throw Achmed's ah, er, ah....soccer balls, that's it.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
throw in
throw in
Quote:

Irmo did NOT have more class than nw. They both played very dirty and the better team won tonite and it clearly showed. Enzo took his shirt off after varney shoved alex to show varney who the better team really was. Irmo is also one of the dirtiest teams in the state. and most of them shouldve had red cards but so did nw. Great job NW. Good season irmo.

I was talking about the Irmo FANS having more class then the Northwestern fans.

goal
goal
Give me a break. Irmo's fans are not 'classier' than Northwestern's. Both teams have a great fan base and very emotional fans, especially the student sections for both squads.

Just my opinion I was on the Northwestern side for the entire match. Not sure about the Irmo side.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard