Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
S
SCM Offline
bench
bench
S
Ricardo is from Costa Rica - (tico) He is in 10th grade.

S
SCM Offline
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Ricardo is from Costa Rica - TICO - 10th grade

throw in
throw in
Irmo changes keepers cuz they have two keepers right around the same level of athletic ability and goalkeeping skill

if i recall correctly they did that last year as well as this year, obviously that strategy did not work some nw pounded them with constant attack in the second half

G
kick off
kick off
G
You have to admit, though, that Billy Padula throw in is pretty amazing. A great weapon against an unsuspecting team that isn't Northwestern.

J
bench
bench
J
i didn't see anything special from enzo....he had one chance but any forward should put that away...whats the hype about...hubbard shut 'em down

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I am sure Enzo kept players honest..He does not have to score to make an impact..

Goal
Goal
Quote:

i didn't see anything special from enzo....he had one chance but any forward should put that away...whats the hype about...hubbard shut 'em down

WTH....
I came into this game unbiased on who I wanted to win (still don't care). Just wanted to see a good game and get some decent shots.
However I did notice that Enzo kept showing up in my lens. I wasn't seeking him out, I was seeking action out. But he seemed to be where the action was (and his little brother too).

A couple of Side notes:
I was amazed by #14 from NW (I should know his name, but I don't). Talk about a moose. Great player. Took a bunch of hits and continued like nothing happened.
Someone mentioned the swapping of goal keepers didn't work for Irmo. I don't know about it working, but I didn't see anything the keeper did wrong. Can't fault him. Next time you are at a soccer field, stand in front of that net. That's a helluva lot of square feet to guard.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
bench
bench
Enzo is going to be very successful with soccer. He will go very far. Altho i will be more successful because im a doctor and a pharmacist.

corner kick
corner kick
OMG, i was pulling for irmo but you cannot say you didnt see anything special on enzo.

the first half was more of a midfield problem, irmo took it over and enzo didnt have much space, he had a few passes but the defenders responded well.

the second half when alex started getting more the ball, the other hispanic kid started working on recovering, and anytime any of the martinez had the ball, 2 or 3 irmo players would get to the ground trying to stop those messi style moves.

if you dont want to give enzo much credit then it will be bc irmos defense was lacking a true all state player, other than that, irmo got lucky that it didnt get ugly.

as a coach i would have changed a few things but like i said, the martinez brothers are just at a different level, irmos d was just not good enough. too slow and too small.

Club of the century.
C
throw in
throw in
C
Not with that spelling and punctuation.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard