Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
bench
bench
S
Ive seen this also, roster levels getting filled with rec players, 1st and most important is its not fair to other kids on team who worked years to make it to that level, not fair to coach who maybe didnt pick these players and now has to figure out how to make the best of it and not fair to parents who each month dishing out big $$$....

brace
brace
Quote:

Chief:
What are the expectations of the parents and club that fill select rosters with rec player to reach roster levels?

Sadly many parents expect too much from this situation. The clubs are 1st expecting money and second the ability to field a team. My point is that IMHO some clubs will field a subpar upper level team for a few "key" players reather than bite the bullet and field a lower level team untl they have the numbers to field an upper level team! They know they will lose some players if they field a lower level team (and thier $$$) so they keep them by "forcing" players to play above the level they are ready for.

I could also go on about clubs letting players play up an age to make team as but I think must who get my other point know about that too.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Last year, I was put in to this situation. The coach told us we'd have a great team that year, but he filled the team with five rec kids and four under-aged kids. This was right before I turned down a spot on one of the best teams in the state for the age group.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Try Columbia United FC

Oh here we go with our annual "CUFC is the worst club around" posts--two comments--1. That must not have been passed along to the hundreds of kids and their families that were at tryouts last week and--2. Those Irmo players who just completed a great season must have been training at Cesa-Columbia to develop those skills.

G
kick off
kick off
G
HAHA LOL CESA Columbia is a complete joke. They get minimal funding from Greenville and pathetic fields. Not sure how their coaching is around the board, though.

bench
bench
It is unfortunate that you feel the need to share that type of opinion when you state "not sure how their coaching is around the board"...

Those of us with first hand experience are very happy with the training, training opportunities, coaches, and player growth and development (which bottom line, is what is the most important)!

G
kick off
kick off
G
Well, as long as you think the training is good for your age and team, that's all that matters. As for me, I knew a player who had been around the program for four years, and they weren't happy with the training. If you think CESA Columbia is right for you, that's where you should be training. Just make sure that you consider all of the opportunities before comitting anywhere.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Quote:

Club Soccer is a luxury, not a necessity. I think the real question that's being asked is "if we put on classic here, but you make Challenge elsewhere, will we loose your money"?

$ound$ about right to me! Making the upper level team ($ometine$ reguardle$$ of the ability of the player) is the drawing factor for far to many of the parents. Yes I would rather have my child play on the best team he/she can and win the best awards ect..., but I want them to play and develop (have fun fits in there too).

Some clubs will allow players who are of rec level on a upper level team (say challenge n SC) because they need that 13/14th player to fill out roster. I have seen teams with 6 challenge level players and 6 ot 7 rec level players rostered as a challenge level team because club/parents want "highest level" of play but is this really in the best intrest of the players?

Not to mention that this system is completely unfair to the rec level players. They are often resented by the challenge level players for not being up to their level and bringing the team down, and instead of getting development and training so they could one day make the upper team on their own talent, they are severely outclassed in games & practices. It's terrible on self-esteem and moral.

bench
bench
I used to believe that "once a rec player, always a rec player" was the norm. Both my kids came from rec, made it on club teams and it had to do with their desire to improve and show the coaches they could play. One is on challenge, the other is playing in college.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Quote:

HAHA LOL CESA Columbia is a complete joke. They get minimal funding from Greenville and pathetic fields. Not sure how their coaching is around the board, though.

The coaching at CESA-Columbia is great. They won the B-Division U13G State Cup this year. I will agree about the fields and funding though.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard