Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
W
last year many of you, myself included, said the trojans would repeat. can they do it again? irmo had lots of underclassmen, ft mill started mostly underclassmen? wando, irmo, trojans? my money is on the champs.

throw in
throw in
the field will be more even next year i dont think there will be 2 undefeated teams playin for the championship however i do believe with the amount of talent northwestern is bringing back including Alex Martinez in my opinion one of the best in country, Ricky Garbanzo ..all he did was score 2 against smirmo in state this year enough said, Dennis moore who will only continue to get bigger and better.. watch out! javier bonilla was a key part to the victory saturday a work horse in the midfield. kevin ray will be the force in the back along with jeremy dobbins, and ryan foster in goal.. as well as some others who will get their chance to shine next year. the coaching staff at northwestern is top notch so next years team will already have an advantage to continue the legacy. I think the most recent dynasty in sc soccer will add another trophy to the case.

brace
brace
FMHS will be solid again on D the question will again be where are the goals going to come from. They struggled this year to score but some up and coming JV players might add to the O. When you lose a player of Vokoder's ability and leadership there may be a gap that will have to be filled. There are many solid players there just a matter of seeing who can step up and into his spot.

J
bench
bench
J
irmo has quality players from they're jv, who would probably beat some of the varsity teams
my pick is irmo

goal kick
goal kick
God another freaking Irmo lover. Everyone is tired of hearing you run your mouth. I'm sure they could beat some varsity teams...like OW and Colleton County. Get over yourself they aren't that good, and they definitely won't win state.

G'd up from the feet up
throw in
throw in
Look pinger90 in incognito!

throw in
throw in
haha cause his team just got waxed by the national champs i would probably too i saw him cryin on the field but i dont think it was about the game i think it was about all the posts he has done this year and how wrong they were

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

haha cause his team just got waxed by the national champs i would probably too i saw him cryin on the field but i dont think it was about the game i think it was about all the posts he has done this year and how wrong they were

Fo Sho

G'd up from the feet up
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Look all you little shits I'm not day it takes this long for you to understand. Private message me if you got something to say bernie, med, or anyone else and we can finish this discusion in person... I can't wait!

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Look all you little shits I'm not day it takes this long for you to understand. Private message me if you got something to say bernie, med, or anyone else and we can finish this discusion in person... I can't wait!

Pinger I'll meet you at 9 on the ninth....oh and wear a suit.

One Time!
J
bench
bench
J
Quote:

God another freaking Irmo lover. Everyone is tired of hearing you run your mouth. I'm sure they could beat some varsity teams...like OW and Colleton County. Get over yourself they aren't that good, and they definitely won't win state.

those sound like the teams NW plays all year?
was saturday enzo's first goal against a quality team? i think so
if he's "the best player in sc history" he shouldn't be scoring 5 goals agains gilbert, just sayin
im just tired of people ridin him so hard

throw in
throw in
Quote:

wow man are you still crying about Irmo loosin or is that time of the month for you?

throw in
throw in
if i met pinger he would prolly be calling me back in 9 months

i can see the headlines now "Second Man to bear a baby!"

really though i see no way the NW will not at least get back to Upper State Championship, Ft. Mill and Wando will continue to get better and pose even bigger threats next year to both NW and Irmo, but I dont think Irmo has the fire power to get back, you saw how effective their highly touted best duo Senior forwards were against NW, so i really doubt anybody they bring up from the bench or jv will do any better

give it a rest irmo its not the 90s anymore, sc soccer has got a lot better

bench
bench
as long as alex martinez is still playing for northwestern they are going to win the championship again

C
kick off
kick off
C

Quote:

if he's "the best player in sc history" he shouldn't be scoring 5 goals agains gilbert, just sayin

Yea you are right, he doesn't score in the premier league when he plays club either. On another note UNC is also a terrible soccer school and he only got in on his good looks. "Sarcasm"

Last edited by Cant Coach That; 05/26/09 04:49 PM.
throw in
throw in
and he only scored almost 200 goals in his career and over 70 assists, god he is just terrible

in 599 league games i only scored 192 goals, i must have been a terrible player too, oh wait i was voted best Chelsea player ever

the thing is he doesnt determine who he plays against the kid just gives all he got to every game give me a break, and even if he only scored one goal against a quality team that one more goal than the irmo players besides acree scored gainst nw

give it a break shmirmo fans ya lost, like carolina football their is always next year:(

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

So are you from Irmo? Your telling me if you were playing Gilbert you wouldn't score on them if you had the chance? I don't get your point sir.

Why are you taking it away from the good team's that got stuck playing teams not so talented. In my Honest opinion Coach Savitz and Coach Wren would most likely play a harder team than a average team anyday of the week.

Last edited by MidlandsKid; 05/26/09 05:12 PM.
throw in
throw in
My money is on the dark horse of Clover

brace
brace
Clover will be solid again but they will still have to get by FMHS again to get to NWHS. FMHS will, if healty be the one knocking of NWHS's door. The championship in upstate will likely go through them again and next year FMHS will be a strong contender to for that spot! Returing many key players and hopefully staying healty (injuries really hurt them this year, I am sure just like everyone else) will hopefully allow them to be more competitive to win and take the next step with thier program.

R
kick off
kick off
R
Pinger90--who arr you anyways. We are primarily adults on here minus a few others. (wando...etc) Who are you anyways? Don't be such a sore loser. Irmo got spanked...Sure they might be good next year who knows. I'm just going to be another spectator like the rest of us with our opinions that we post on here.

Brace
Brace
Don't overlook Mauldin and Dorman. Solid teams with a fair amount of underclassmen who played this year. Both coaches of those teams did an excellent job. Let's see who Dorman gets to replace a very good, solid, and reputable coach who heads to the hollowed grounds of Wofford.

brace
brace
To be fair we should also not over look Blythwood, who brought a solid team to FMHS and just missed the next level! Not sure what thier senior status was but they should be hungry for another shot having gotten close this year.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

To be fair we should also not over look Blythwood, who brought a solid team to FMHS and just missed the next level! Not sure what thier senior status was but they should be hungry for another shot having gotten close this year.

BLYTHEWOOD dont worry sir not alot of people spell it right.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

. Hahahahaha I'm delighted you want to meet me in person! Your I can't wait to take our scsoccer relationship to the next level.

brace
brace
See so over looked even the name is not spelled correctly
Sorry!

Have you ever thought of just dropping the "E" after all it's silent anyway

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

See so over looked even the name is not spelled correctly
Sorry!

Have you ever thought of just dropping the "E" after all it's silent anyway

We're just a really young school! To tell you the truth before i attended i thought it was spelled "Blythwood" also, i think it's just a common mistake.

throw in
throw in
Have to go with Irmo... only losing 4 starters and bringing up some talented underclassmen. This should prove to be another great season.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Have to go with Irmo... only losing 4 starters and bringing up some talented underclassmen. This should prove to be another great season.

until they play Northwestern they'll have a great season I'm sure... Northwestern ftw

throw in
throw in
We will each go with our preferred team. How many starters is Northwestern returning? Irmo's JV was 20-0-1 so I have to conclude that they are reloading rather than rebuilding.

brace
brace
Have to be careful with the JV stats not sure they always give accurate picture of program. Not saying they are useless just that level of competion and fact that a senior heavy team may lead to a few players on JV that will heavyily tilt balance to that team while the other school already has "better" lower grade players on varsity field, say a 9th grader starting on varsity. That 9th grader would have been major influance on JV but was not there, next year the guys coming up from JV will still not be better than him so was the great JV season really a good indicator? Possibly, but also maybe not.
Just to throw the JV numbers out there FM boys JV went 14-1-1 (beating NWHS twice) scoring 50 and only giving up 10 goals. Sounds like they to are reloading in thier region too. They too are losing 4 senior starters, and a couple of really good off the bench players, but they should get back a high scorer who missed most of season with injury and they are returning a large group of juniors.

throw in
throw in
im not sure about maludin but fort mill and dorman definately have good chances

throw in
throw in
Northwestern returns Alex Martinez, Ricky Garbanzo, Dennis Moore, Jeremy Dobbins, Ryan Foster, Javier Bonilla... all started in the state championship. They also return Kevin Ray (didn't start in state but came in 15 minutes in and didn't come out the rest of the game). so they lost basically lost 4 starters like Irmo. However, I believe with all the championship quality experience and leadership on this team makes them the team to beat next year. They will still be a potent striking force and the defense might not be as great as this year but they will be solid in the back. A wise man once said "the best defense is a great offense".

J
Brace
Brace
J
Once again squanc, too bad your team doesn't play in a large state or large metropolitan area. They would be tested then. Must be nice when you only have a few playoff games against mediocre teams until the upper-state final. Come play in the Chicago area where you go against schools with 5 and 6K+ student populations. It should tell you something when most of the seniors that graduated from the state winner up here are going to attend D1 schools and play soccer on a scholarship.....I think all but one is.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
brace
brace
Quote:

Once again squanc, too bad your team doesn't play in a large state or large metropolitan area. They would be tested then. Must be nice when you only have a few playoff games against mediocre teams until the upper-state final. Come play in the Chicago area where you go against schools with 5 and 6K+ student populations. It should tell you something when most of the seniors that graduated from the state winner up here are going to attend D1 schools and play soccer on a scholarship.....I think all but one is.

??????? What are you trying to say?? Almost all the starting seniors from final two team are going to D1 schools on scholarships, and several more from the other playoff teams. Based on the school pops you are quoting we can get the top three/four teams in SC (pooling them should get thier combined school pop around 6k)and send them up there to see how they fair, or have you come down and play a little in the heat . You would be facing and entire starting linup of D1 players (including a few juniors like Alex who will no dounbt be Div 1 player).

The u18 boys team from Discoveries in Rock Hill (Enzo's) team was a contender for the national u18 title last year. Where do you think those boys come from??

As for the mediocre thing ask the FAB 50 teams from other states who got a loss at the hands of the playoff teams in SC. Do'nt be a hater just cause ESPN says SC has the number 1 team.

throw in
throw in
Shittles!!! Mmm hmmm go SC soccer!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

alright straight up what are you talking about? "come play in the Chicago area" why are you even talking about that.. this is scsoccer.com SC standing for south carolina. If Northwestern plays such mediocre teams all year than why did Irmo get dominated by them in the final? tell me please... lets compare the NHS/IRMO D1 prospects schools Irmo: coastal... , usc sumter.. , erskine... , there was thread about high school teams beating those teams!!! ok lets look at northwesterns... UNC, College of Charleston, and Liberty. NHS is better this year in every category in the book check the stats.. enjoy cheering for the second best team in the state until next season.

throw in
throw in
wait im sorry Irmo has more losses forgot about that... thats one for them

throw in
throw in
Returning Starters: (Forward) Emmitt Lunceford; (Mids) Zack Acree, Mike Day; (Defense) Matt Seiverding, Billy Padula, Oliver Nobles; (Keeper) Rob Sullivan. Irmo JV was anchored by 6 CUFC Elite players who played in the Premier League this past season. (Forward) Connor Dunbaker; (Mids) Matt Freeman, Matt Manter, Josh Jenkins; (Defense) Joe Bivona; (Keeper) Raad Wullner. The returning squad along with these upcoming Varsity players should keep a high level of play.

I understand that Northwestern is also bringing strong players back to the squad that might have a little more experience, but there is no denying the level of talent that Irmo has in its program. 14 Elite players find their place in the upcoming Irmo squad.

Just as I said before... this should be another great season. I'm looking forward to another undefeated season by both Irmo and Northwestern. This should prove to be another great Championship game.

throw in
throw in
thats a great prediction for the final.. itll be like the early 2000s when it was Irmo/NHS almost every year only now NHS will be coming out on top just supporting my team as you are.... i'm not gonna bring up chicago, california, or england both are great programs and the highest quality teams SOUTH CAROLINA has ever had

goal kick
goal kick
Lets stay on Post topic instead of bickering back and forth. This arguments really not going anywhere.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
bench
bench
We all know its goin to be nw-irmo final
but i think nw will win but i rather have irmo win
it will be an alex vs zack acree battle and irmo will have a good defense that could take ricky and dennis down but i still see nw win though, but i will be pullin for irmo just like i did this year and by the way nw fans are awesome they screamed the whole time this year-thats there 12th man

R
kick off
kick off
R
I'd like to see IRMO win a title. It has been too long...But im going to have to go with NW for 2010... the battle between Alex and Zach? Come on, Did you see the State Championship from this year?? It wasn't even a contest. Alex just killed everyone on the field. IRMO defense might win them a title, they will be the key to IRMO next year, and the long throw in.

corner kick
corner kick
Martinez seens to be a bit more stronger, with a great touch but Acree is more faster and agressive. It will be a great battle between 2 of the best players in the state.

Club of the century.
R
kick off
kick off
R
Acree is not more aggressive than Alex... the only thing Acree has over him is ability to win a ball in the air. Acree didn't do anything in my eyes to make him the best in the state. Alex is number one. I mean seriously, what has Acree really done to make him the best? Because he has bleached hair and scores against orangeburg? Acree is a solid player but not up to the caliber of some of the players on our state.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Acree is not more aggressive than Alex... the only thing Acree has over him is ability to win a ball in the air. Acree didn't do anything in my eyes to make him the best in the state. Alex is number one. I mean seriously, what has Acree really done to make him the best? Because he has bleached hair and scores against orangeburg? Acree is a solid player but not up to the caliber of some of the players on our state.

wow i don't think you've seen Alex play if you think Acree can win balls in the air over him. Last year Martinez won balls over kids a foot taller than him he was the most dominate player in the air except for Shawn Ferguson last year in the entire state.

S
throw in
throw in
S
wow you all must have been blind during the state championship. did you not see acree rainbow over shawn fergusun. give me a break acree was the leading goal scorer in the premier league OF ALL AGES last year 11 goals 10 assists ...alex 3 goals 3 assists .. ive seen them both play alex better center mid acree better forward ..disagree facts are facts

R
kick off
kick off
R
Haha i was trying to give Acree credit for something over him. But you are right. Alex is a maniac in the air!! Just one more thing to put on the list of good things. And his rainbow went up to waist height.. nothing came out of it anyways. Acree is not at the caliber of Alex or some of the other players in the State. Not to mention the off field problems he continually has.

corner kick
corner kick
the dribbling ability of acree is superior, he is not as fast as his big bro but acree takes people one on one in any chance he has and he beats them. i saw both playing in the championship game, martinez just had better players around him. a kid with speed and aggressiveness in one on one situation is not doubt superior to a kid who controls the ball and pass it. when it comes to speed, acree is light years ahead of martinez. is like comparing old ronaldo to kaka, old ronaldo had too much speed and dribbling on his side.

Club of the century.
throw in
throw in
Quote:

the dribbling ability of acree is superior, he is not as fast as his big bro but acree takes people one on one in any chance he has and he beats them. i saw both playing in the championship game, martinez just had better players around him. a kid with speed and aggressiveness in one on one situation is not doubt superior to a kid who controls the ball and pass it. when it comes to speed, acree is light years ahead of martinez. is like comparing old ronaldo to kaka, old ronaldo had too much speed and dribbling on his side.

the only thing i can agree with you on is that acree is faster but 9/10 alex martinez wins in one on one i'd put money on it

R
kick off
kick off
R
Alma,

You are out of your mind. Acree is a 4 Alex is a 10.

There are players in that state that are better than Acree as well.

You made me Laugh out Loud!

S
throw in
throw in
S
how can you say acree is a 4 .. acree is a for sure 10 alex is a nine .. alex has nothing over acree except that his high school team won... where soccer is actually talented in the premier league he shat on every one .... enzo only had three goals as did alex where acree put in triple that and had triple their assist ...your crazy to put alex in a category with zach

R
kick off
kick off
R
Man u got to be kidding me. Anyone who watched our game saw alex completly crap on everyone on irmo. He is so good it's Not even a comparrison between the beach blonde pot head. Zach did the dinky rainbow that did nothing at all... Get over irmo they lost and Zach was shut down and was shawn f. B****

R
kick off
kick off
R
And btw dsc are now in nationals for club and acress team is not... Please by all means do not compare him to enzo or alex. Garbanzo is betterthan him too.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
No dog in this fight... Just wondering if either of them committed to playing anywhere yet? Any college would be lucky to get either of them.

kick off
kick off
Beware! the troll is lurking

Don't Feed the Trolls!
J
bench
bench
J
how can anyone say acree is not one of the best players in the state? he does magic on the field, yeah alex might be better in the midfield but for club acree plays majority of the time at forward and makes kids look stupid.

his stats didn't look to bad either, compared to alex's or enzo's in the premier league. 2 premier league titles? come on get seriouis now

Goal
Goal
Wow...are there any mods on this board?

corner kick
corner kick
so martinez and all those kids are national champs in club too? cool.

Club of the century.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard