Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Why can't it be just a coaches' poll? Much easier

Sssssssssshhh.....quiet! Nobody's supposed to know.

Oh - sorry. Not all coaches in the state get a chance to see other teams play - yeah that's it!

If that is the criteria, then the people who handle the rankings get to see all the teams play? Surely own goals, strength of schedule, etc go into the rankings. Right?

C
throw in
throw in
C
definitely agree wunderkid, which doesn't happen very often.

do the rankings really matter to anyone that didn't win it all? they're fun to look at and to get your kids pumped for an upset, but in the end, they're just there for people to talk about.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Consultant Bunce you are so wise...

throw in
throw in
how about....all of you complaining go and start your own site, so you can post your own rankings. Then we can have something to compare! Until you do...Chill out! I'm sure those in charge of making the poll have something better to do with his time than collect all the stats/scores from every team in the state and make a poll.
I agree that the polls are nothing other than a way to see how teams finished. Personally I see nothing wrong with the order of the polls, no matter which games that mattered in the end

Last edited by Ray Finkel; 05/27/09 01:21 PM.

Laces out DAN!!!
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
When it comes right down to it South Aiken won state - while others may have had seasons they are proud of - only one team has the hardware that counts - so why complain if you are a couple of spots lower than you feel you deserve - you could have fixed it on the field.

W
goal
goal
W
Well if you want a coaches poll you have to get coaches to do some work. Point blank. Not hide behind screen names and complain. Join the coaches association pay your dues and get involved. I can tell you in my 8-10 years working with the SCHSSCA, the volunteers were quiet limited to the old timers and the BC staff. Facts are Facts. Sure you had your occasional helper at the All-State Meetings to get a kid on the list but mostly it was Dickie Smith, Uncle Frank, William Hosea, Troy Bennage, Tom Reiley, Scott Ruggles, Todd Robinson, Heises, Wayne Quinlan, Anthony Pelton,Ron Brady that did the majority of the work.(sorry if I missed anyone)

I can also tell you that I have sat and witnessed many many sunday afternoons of "doing rankings" and they are not fun!!

If you would like to volunteer to help with the rankings I am sure kevin and kyle or the SCHSSCA would love to have the help.

If you are a coach that is not satisfied with the rankings let me ask you this: How much are you involved? Are you a SCHSSCA member? Do you attend the meetings etc? Have you offered your opinion to the SCHSSCA board? If you answered no to any of these questions you need to ask yourself WHY NOT. Money is not a good enough reason not to be involved. Every coach has family or other responsibilities. Coaches need to make excuses to be involve rather than making excuses why they cant be involved. JMHO.

Last edited by Will Eudy; 05/27/09 02:44 PM.
C
kick off
kick off
C
ManU, why would you have Hilton Head ranked above Bluffton when Bluffton beat Hilton Head twice this season?

M
ManU Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
M
I dont know to much about those teams, but i think that Bluffton won one on pks and Bluffton lost to a 4 seed in the playoffs and Hilton Head lost to Airport who made it to the semis. 13,14,15 could go either way i think.

S
bench
bench
S
Im sorry but as and Airport Alumni im not surprised one bit by the fact that BC is ranked higher than Airport. The fact that Airport lost to SA 3-0 the next day after a passionate win against BC the team was just physically drained. And if anybody had been at two of the regular season matches both of them could have gone to airport but with some iffy calls by refs the usual happened to Airport. Also Bluffton may have had the easier schedule but you can say that they didnt deserve a higher ranking than HH seeing that that beat HH twice this year.

Goal
Goal
Sorry but I don't see the argument. BC beat Airport 2 of 3, outscored them 5-4, and finished 2nd in region compared to 3rd. That's head-to-head "wins" in every category! I'm sure the Massey Ratings will end this debate. Good seasons by both teams it appears from relatively youthful sides.

50th for a reason!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard