Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Meredith #124068 06/04/09 12:38 PM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Coach

Maybe they will add Swansea to our region and then it will surely be fun!

M Allen #124069 06/04/09 12:50 PM
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Maybe we can combine forces and take down the Bishops. We could become the Barnwell-Swansea Comprehesive High School Soccer Team. If they do add us, I sense an extra game before play-offs.

Last edited by Meredith; 06/04/09 12:57 PM.
The Chief #124070 06/05/09 01:04 AM
goal kick
goal kick
hey chief thats some good stats you got there! dont hurt yourself pattin yourself on the back!three a has got somethin for ya so it dont matter riversides will be waitin for ya!!aaa ...aaaa ...dont sing it bring it

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
transplant #124071 06/05/09 02:19 AM
brace
brace
Well since you like my stats try these out.

Since you are 34th on the list I would guess that unless they find a way to dodge a move up to the big time Riversides will be movin on up to AAAA (we are only 59th on the list). In fact you can look for South Aiken (47) & JL Mann (48) to be joining you up there. So unless a few schools dodge the numbers, AAAA is the top 48ish schools right, you will have to face a whole lot more of the big schools to get back to that title year after next!

Try this too since 2 of your 3 losses and 1 tie came against AAAA teams (the other came against a team that should be AAAA with you) it seems to me you are the one who should not hurtin yourself with the back pattin for the championship you just won, since you will need the energy to be ready for the step up to the big time! Oh and incase you were wondering the only AAA we played this year was a team that made the playoffs and we beat them.
Some how I think our move will go a little easier for us.
Oh and since most of the FMHS girl who will be facing AAA are the ones who won the IRMO JV preseason and went 21-1 with 20 shutouts against AAAA JV's I think we can feel pretty good about the move. How did the riverside JV do in the tournament? against AAAA JV's?

The Chief #124072 06/05/09 09:44 AM
brace
brace
Funny thing is I just looked at the 2007 135day numbers and not everyone in the top 48 made it into AAAA? I guess some teams are able to dodge playing in a "tougher" bracket. Although I am sure someone will have a perfectly good reason why, it still looks cheesey to be in top 48 by numbers and playing against next 49-96 for a championship

The Chief #124073 06/05/09 12:32 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Schools can petition to stay up or down if they are close enough in numbers. This has been going on for a looooooong time. Usually the reason given is travel expenses. If school A wants to stay down and school B wants to move up - with both numbers being close to the cut off - they frequently let it slide.

Personally, I don't think it's fair to the other schools.

The Chief #124074 06/05/09 12:34 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Oh and since most of the FMHS girl who will be facing AAA are the ones who won the IRMO JV preseason and went 21-1 with 20 shutouts against AAAA JV's I think we can feel pretty good about the move. How did the riverside JV do in the tournament? against AAAA JV's?

Going JV on him? Seriously...you're really doing that?

The Chief #124075 06/05/09 12:45 PM
goal kick
goal kick
you do have some good numbers and your teams do look ready for years to come.I really dont know how the districts are chosen and maybe some of it is unfair.If you want to sit back and criticize riverside thats your opinion.They had a fine season and they didnt pick the schedule.But if you can arrange it ,maybe we could meet at the viking cup.We arent dodging anyone.

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
Coach Young #124076 06/05/09 01:35 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

Going JV on him? Seriously...you're really doing that?

Well I quess I did but the intent was based on the fact that the JV's for these schools will likely be the one playing in 2 years when the division shift occurs. FMHS actually had a large group of soph/fresh starters on varsity so they will get to see it but I was aluding to the fact that this years Juniors will not be a factor in the AAA move. Well, except maybe that with work they can provide a AAAA title next year, and give the girls going to AAA a goal to match!

transplant #124077 06/05/09 01:53 PM
brace
brace
Quote:

you do have some good numbers and your teams do look ready for years to come.I really dont know how the districts are chosen and maybe some of it is unfair.If you want to sit back and criticize riverside thats your opinion.They had a fine season and they didnt pick the schedule.But if you can arrange it ,maybe we could meet at the viking cup.We arent dodging anyone.

I never critized the Riverside team I simply pointed out facts, backed up by Coach Young. I do not know if River side asked to stay at AAA even thought they had the numbers to go AAAA or if they pushed to move up but were denied. I also do not blame you for your schedule, you did play many AAAA team this year and as I pointed out you struggled against the stronger teams (to be fair you beat a copule of decent AAAA teams as well).
I know teams have to play with the schedule dealt and the division they are in is not thier fault, but they are by numbers now the 36th largest HS and smack in the middle of where AAAA should be and yet they are playing in AAA, I know not their fault, just a fact. Your team can be proud of what they accomplished AAA has several good teams. Just remember you called me out about crowing about being a small school (59 is 1/4 into AAA turf) that got within about 15min holding a 1-0 lead of playing in state championship for AAAA

As for meeting you could always come play in the BB&T that gets held in Rock Hill at manchester meadows, one of the best sites in the state (likely one of the best in the south east). Or I would guess most of our JV will be back next year in Irmo since we only had 1 senior this year, so you could send them down to size up the next few years of teams.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard