Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Chief #124098 06/11/09 11:10 PM
goal kick
goal kick
so how many times did you actually see Riverside play ?? you continue to criticize their team and justify it with your opinion. i dont see other people in this thread bashing other teams.(except maybe go usc)

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
transplant #124099 06/12/09 01:47 AM
brace
brace
Never saw them, and never critized them either! I would guess to win AAA they are likely a very good team. The only negitiv e thing I think you c ould say I said was that they struggled against quality AAAA teams and I based that on the record not opinion.
If you feel I have bashed them please show me where. I have only stated fact and what I would say are reasonable interpetation of the records. I have been critical of the decision that left them at AAA but have not blamed the team for that! In fact I blame FM school district more for letting a non AAAA size school play up than riverside for playing down.
IF you do not like the fact I have pointed out I am sorry but they are facts and the numbers are what they are. If you want credit for being a top level program against AAAA teams you have to beat top AAAA teams. When you play AAA schools and you are AAAA size no one will cut you slack when you start talking about other teams, and remember you brought it up first!

transplant #124100 06/12/09 03:07 AM
G
throw in
throw in
G
Quote:

so how many times did you actually see Riverside play ?? you continue to criticize their team and justify it with your opinion. i dont see other people in this thread bashing other teams.(except maybe go usc)

Transplant, I take exception to that comment. I have never bashed anybody on this site. I simply asked a question and even stated I thought Riverside could compete for the 4A title. You owe me an apology.

Running with the big dogs
Go USC #124101 06/13/09 06:17 AM
brace
brace
Does not look like you will get one! Seems to be a little sensitive so likely you offended him/her with your demand for an appology too

If you won a title and then had people tell you well of course you won becase you played a bunch of small schools and you should be playing with the big schools, well you might get a little hyper-sensitive too. Not sayin thats what we said but if you were "sensitive" about it you might be able to read the thread that way.

Might be some form of a Napolean complex in reverse? Might have to get a psycho-analyst to look into it.

The Chief #124102 06/13/09 11:19 AM
goal kick
goal kick
Apologize? For you diminishing the fact that they had a great season and won the state title? The girls don't pick the teams they play or whether or not they are in 3A or 4A and I am not sure that just because you are classified 4A the soccer players are better. All the girls can do is show up for the game and play. It would be better if all the regions were structured so even the smaller teams had a chance to win a title. Maybe you didn't check their record when you said they couldn't play the big schools. Riverside won against Spartanburg, Wren, Byrnes, and T.L. Hannah. Yes we did lose to Mauldin in the last couple minutes, lost to Dorman on pks, and to Dutch Fork when they were on a 17 game winning streak, and these were all great teams. I am not sensitive...just proud of the girls great season, having a team of mostly sophmores and freshman, and don't feel that the reason they won was because they played the "weaker" teams because that is certainly not the case with any of those teams having watched some of them play 4A schools as well.

Might need to have a psycho-analyst look into why you are on the soccer forum at 2:20 in the morning??

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
transplant #124103 06/13/09 05:19 PM
brace
brace
No one diminnished the teams accomplishment, we have all said they played the games dealt them and thats all they can do.
What has been said is that they won big in AAA and did not do so well against AAAA. Look you took credit for wins and a loss, in scrimmages I would never judge a teams quality of play on that basis, and did not use them when I pointed out how they struggled against AAAA teams. You point out a 3-2 win over Byrnes a 6-11-1 team, and TL Hana was a good team this year but look at their end of year performance they fell out near the end (to which Riverside can claim some credit for getting the fall started).
So yes I did check the record and stand by my assesment, Riverside struggled against quality AAAA teams 2 losses and a tie in regular season against 1 win vs AAAA teams. The numbers are what they are.

As for the psycho-analyst thing just having some fun. Me well 2:20 in am is just another work day for me sometimes.

The Chief #124104 06/19/09 01:46 PM
M
bench
bench
M
riverside was a very young team this year.
so expect a lot from them in the nxt 2 years

manchester09 #124105 06/20/09 03:43 AM
brace
brace
As was Fort Mill, 1 senior (non-starter)on the whole team. In fact they had more lower grade players (9th/10th) picked for all region than 11th graders! I would expect some great seasons from them over the next several years.

transplant #124106 06/20/09 04:14 AM
brace
brace
Not that I hold to much stock in statistical rankings but I wonder how the posted Massey ratings effect this discussion?

The Chief #124107 06/20/09 01:24 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Chief, pretty certain the coach picks all region. Maybe nominates....is a better choice of words. But FM gets X spots, then the FM coach nominates the players he wants to nominate.

I doubt any of the other coaches overrule a coaches nomination.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard