Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#124176 06/04/09 04:31 AM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Wow, I knew the game was hard but I didnt think it was going to be that hard.

Now Honduras is very solid. Bob Bradley is in trouble.

Club of the century.
L
Goal
Goal
L
how bad can the mnt play? bradley (dad coach) needs to go and ussf needs to invest in a real national team coach and turn the whole program over for him to run.

K
Throw In
Throw In
K
I beg to differ and i will probably catch some grief for this but i believe Bob was doing a good job up until last nights game I have seen a big change in the quality of play since Bob took over and the main reason why they lost the game was the 12th man.... Costa Rica was playing on cloud nine from the get go and the early goal added fuel to the fire and that made it extremely difficult for USA to play their game and as the night went on it got worst.

I believe that with some mental work and some change in field personnel the cream will once again rise to the top.

we run things, things nuh run we.....
throw in
throw in
I agree that Bob has done a good job as head coach so far. However, as for last night, the "12th man" had nothing to do with it, it wasn't CR played that good, it was the US played that bad, if Beasley is one of the top 11 players in the country soccer here is in much worse shape than everyone makes it out to be.

L
Goal
Goal
L
the "12th man" will be a part of all usmnt world-cup games in s. africa. i think the us will qualify but will crash out in group play and as usual the head coach (bradley) will get fired. it's the same old story.

other than howard the us had 3 players that played well.

torres (bradley subbed him out at 1/2 time)
Adu (came in at 63m)
Davies (came in 80m)

K
Throw In
Throw In
K
Quote:

I agree that Bob has done a good job as head coach so far. However, as for last night, the "12th man" had nothing to do with it, it wasn't CR played that good, it was the US played that bad, if Beasley is one of the top 11 players in the country soccer here is in much worse shape than everyone makes it out to be.

USA did not play that bad on purpose CR did play well and it was because of the crowd hype (12th man) and the high pressure boosted by the crowd(12th man) from CR why USA was unable to play their game for the most part. CR did play well they were moving the ball well at times especially 2nd half vs playing an aggressive high pressure game first half and they were very disciplined in the back they were on the end of most air balls the line of defense was always there in the defending third they were disciplined at least last night anyway and as such came away with the win.

K
Throw In
Throw In
K
Quote:

the "12th man" will be a part of all usmnt world-cup games in s. africa.

True....... thus the Mental part of my initial post.

goal kick
goal kick
I personally like bob bradley as well. Might catch some greif for this but i believe landon needs to be off the field. Plus that third goal was awful defending by everyone. And to solve the mental problem they just need to have Bill Beswick come give a speech or two.

throw in
throw in
Last night was terrible! We couldn't possess the ball through the lines. Donovan was non-existent and Beasley couldn't find a touch. The back four was one of the worst decisions I've seen from Bradley... granted, Hejduk was out, but could you not bring DeMerit up? That right back was terrible, and Beasley is in no means a left back! Boys left me wanting more last night. Tired of the kick and run soccer, lets possess it and work it through the lines. Bradley shouldn't be there... why get the OLD assistant when we want a "new" style of play. Seems as though this might be another frustrating World Cup.

(Add your line-up for kicks)
(K) Howard
(D) Hejduk - DeMerit - Onyewu - Bocanegra
(M) Dempsey - Donovan - Adu - Beasley
(F) Altidore - Johnson

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
You know, about 5 years ago, I told about every american soccer player and coach around me that skilled and creative soccer is very important at a high level...

My honest opinion, American soccer and many European teams lack creative skilled soccer... they played vrs a physically and skilled descent costa rica... what would happen when they face big and skilled brazil at Rio?

Im hoping they do better vrs Honduras.

Club of the century.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard