Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Been around this area for awhile..been to way to many practices and tryouts..Know a good deal of coaches in the area..I have never heard a coach promise a scholarship to any player in my ten years around the sport..If they are giving them out..let me know where..

S
goal
goal
S
i've heard it used on some parents as in, well, your kid needs to start thinking about scholarships & this team will put him in good position.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I'm sure it's been used as a recruiting tool..I've just never seen it happen..Now..when I am around a large group of parents..I hear it all the time..I think parents fuel this idea more than coaches..

M
kick off
kick off
M
Quote:

Reality is that most of these kids are barely Challenge players.

Pretty big statement coming from someone who support the Mt. Pleasant REC department.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

I was told one of the reasons that the older girls team from Bridge left and went back to Mt Pleasant was because they realized they were not getting college scholarships so they decided they wanted a more relaxed fall season.

Completely FALSE. Many of the girls could play college ball/have been approached by colleges, but CHOSE not to play in college. 13 of the girls LIVE in Mt. P.
The MPSC 91 Elite team will be playing in tournaments/scrimmages with college exposure to support those that do want to play in college.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

..I would think that they wanted a break from Champ..I hear she is very demanding and to play HS ball and club ball for the same coach could wear on some after awhile..

Again a FALSE statement that the Wando girls wanted a break from Champ. TRUE that she demands excellence and gets it! Besides, Jason Duncan was supposed to be the coach.

There's no big story here folks. The players wanted to stay together their last year and well, MPSC offers excellent opportunities, coaches, training and fields.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard