Forwards-
1.Enzo Martinez
2.Dennis Moore
3.Joey Demare
4.Miguel Teos
5.Ricardo Garbanzo

Midfielders-
1.Alex Martinez
2.Zach Clark-Him and Acree are tied i think for 2nd.
2..Zach Acree
4.Leo Mukosky
5. Antoine Parris
Defenders
1.Robbie Benson
2.Shawn Ferguson
3.Kyle Hubbard
4.Billy Padula

those are top 4 and 5 of each positions for this state..

couldn't really pick a goalie, didnt see a good one this year really...

What are the chances some of these players going on to play professionally? Back in my day I could only pick maybe one player that could have a chance at the Pro level.. I can see one for sure..ENZO..but some others have great chances for going Semi-Pro or Pro.. I Can see ENZO in the EPL someday.. haha I know some others feel the same.. His brother, Grabanzo, Demare, Acree i think all have a great shot at semi-pro or Pro as well. S.C. should be proud to have such great players noq a day.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Enzo in the EPL, is that a serious statement?

A
kick off
kick off
A
maybe MLS... not EPL...maybe...

corner kick
corner kick
after going to play college soccer? nah, or maybe, la liga or il calcio never...

Club of the century.
throw in
throw in
Formations: Northwestern's
Forwards: Northwestern's
Midfielders: Northwestern's
Defense: Northwestern's
Coaches: Northwestern's

squanc #124242 06/07/09 02:35 AM
throw in
throw in
Mom that's the team!!! Wow

Yeah!! HAHA
brace
brace
I will breakup the NWHS love fest a little by pointing out that besides NWHS their are some others players who would standout on any team of SC players when coupled with the talent on the field at NWHS. Simply put there are several players that if placed on the NWHS team would step in and provide the same level of play there or even better. It is hard to compare players from different team whose supporting cast varry so greatly but here are four who I have seen play NWHS many times and they have always been clearly been up to the same level (well no one has matched ENZO's footwork) of play as their opponents.

Tyler Vukoder Midfielder Fort Mill
Sean VanEtten Goalkeeper Fort Mill
Christian Datz Defender Fort Mill
Chris Landvik-Larsen Forward Fort Mill

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I'll get in on the mix as well. I may be biased since he is one of my players, but, Jafet Vera scored 48 goals with 15 assists this season in 21 matches. Say what you want about the level of competition we play, but, that's still quite an accomplishment. It was not good enough for the all-state committee, but the kid can play. He's only a junior and with another Jafet-like year, he could reach the 100-goal mark in just three seasons.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
Chick #124245 06/09/09 05:07 PM
S
goal
goal
S
The stats from SCSoccer show 43 goals and 8 assist nonetheless a great year. You may want to get them to update his stats if that is the case.

I don't want to offend but even the level of competition Dillon played in 2A was questionable. Your team was 19-2 this year and still wasn't ranked in the top 10? You only played 1 ranked team all season which was a loss (0-4) and your other loss was to a 1A team that was 3-11. If you can even remotely consider this kid on the Super Team of SC what is he doing in club soccer? I consider 3A soccer very suspect in it's quality. Yes there are teams at the top that are good but overall the quality is terrible. An average player can look good on a 3A field. IMHO 2A soccer is great competition but the skill level is way way below 4A where those mentioned are playing. 2A just doesn't have the numbers to field even partial teams with skilled players and/or athletes. Stats certainly do not paint the entire picture when it comes to SC high school soccer.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I will breakup the NWHS love fest a little by pointing out that besides NWHS their are some others players who would standout on any team of SC players when coupled with the talent on the field at NWHS. Simply put there are several players that if placed on the NWHS team would step in and provide the same level of play there or even better. It is hard to compare players from different team whose supporting cast varry so greatly but here are four who I have seen play NWHS many times and they have always been clearly been up to the same level (well no one has matched ENZO's footwork) of play as their opponents.

Chief, lets be honest. These players you have listed are good players yes. But are not the same caliber as NW. How can you say they were clearly at the same level if they were beaten by a combined 13-1 or so in three games? Vukoder is legit but he never did much. VanEtten got scored on a lot. Datz got dribbled a bunch. And Larsen had countless runs but never really got the ball. I'm not trying to bash these players, bc they are good players. I just disagree with your statement of saying they are on the same level.

One Time!
sG #124247 06/09/09 07:53 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Chief, lets be honest. These players you have listed are good players yes. But are not the same caliber as NW. How can you say they were clearly at the same level if they were beaten by a combined 13-1 or so in three games? Vukoder is legit but he never did much. VanEtten got scored on a lot. Datz got dribbled a bunch. And Larsen had countless runs but never really got the ball. I'm not trying to bash these players, bc they are good players. I just disagree with your statement of saying they are on the same level.

I think Tyler Vukoder is at that level....and maybe a little beyond. Seeing as a bunch of them are all going to C of C, I guess time will tell.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

The stats from SCSoccer show 43 goals and 8 assist nonetheless a great year. You may want to get them to update his stats if that is the case.

I don't want to offend but even the level of competition Dillon played in 2A was questionable. Your team was 19-2 this year and still wasn't ranked in the top 10? You only played 1 ranked team all season which was a loss (0-4) and your other loss was to a 1A team that was 3-11. If you can even remotely consider this kid on the Super Team of SC what is he doing in club soccer? I consider 3A soccer very suspect in it's quality. Yes there are teams at the top that are good but overall the quality is terrible. An average player can look good on a 3A field. IMHO 2A soccer is great competition but the skill level is way way below 4A where those mentioned are playing. 2A just doesn't have the numbers to field even partial teams with skilled players and/or athletes. Stats certainly do not paint the entire picture when it comes to SC high school soccer.

Well, I guess I did not realize that to be considered a top caliber player you had to:

1. Play for Northwestern
2. Play 4A soccer
3. Play club soccer
4. Play for a team that finished in the top 10

The debate should not be about the quality of the team. it's the quality of the player. We live in an economically depressed area where the opportunities to play club are limited. We try to schedule as best we can. We don't have a girls program so we have a difficult time getting matches with quality teams. 48 goals is 48 goals but I guess that means nothing if you don't play club ball or for Northwestern.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
sG #124249 06/10/09 12:03 AM
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

Well I think you have over looked the basis of my argument in your zeal to promote the NWHS line you have forgotten that the team aspect of soccer is the key to evaluating the true abilities of the players. If ENZO played for York HS he likely is not the all time leading scoreer or even on a state championship team. He is surrounded by top notch players who make it easier for him to excell.
In football terms how many time do you see a team add a big time back and all of a sudden the passing game kicks into high gear. It is the same, even more so IMHO for soccer.
Did Vanetten get scored on a lot by NWHS, yes. So would Foster, in fact having seen both play over 20 game (I have seen both of them that many times) I would argue that Vanetten is a better shot blocker, his reach on the dive give him a slight advantage over Foster. Not putting down Foster because he is excellent too but when it come down to one guy I think Vanetten would have been just as good in goal as NWHS keepers. Same goes for the other guys but in other ways obviously. You have to take the player and put him into this dream team and then see what they add to the mix. Landvik-Larsen is about as fast a striker you will see in the state (I think he is going on to play Div 1 football not soccer) put him on a front line with ENZO and Ricky or Dennis and his ability to blow by players would lead to a significant increaase in goals for him.

You have to remember that with these "dream" team concepts you will have to accept that guys who are good on a team with a couple of superstars will be supplanted by the great players from a team of mostly good players. You can no longer look at what the team did you most look at the players and see how they fair on thier own.

corner kick
corner kick
and this is why hs soccer needs to divide into premier, d1, d2 and d3 so we can put all the best programs together.

honestly, those perfect records are embarrasing, irmo and nw had 1 and 2 real games all season...

and then you wonder why none of this kids would have any chance of going pro here or anywhere in the world and if they do, the bench would be their best friend.

Club of the century.
S
goal
goal
S
Chick,

I said it was a great year and you yourself pointed me to the weak schedule. I agree that your location makes it difficult to schedule quality opponents. You may want to consider schduling another tournament with tougher opponents to lend a little credence to the schedule. As to your list:

1. Players listed are not all from Northwestern please don't associate me with the NWHS love fest.
2. Playing 4A soccer was used as an example of the weak defense encountered in 2A. Thus the stats may not tell the whole truth. I agree that students shouldn't be penalized for where their parents live. That is why I asked about his club experience. If he played it would have been a more even playing field to make comparisons.
3. Yep
4. Again used as an example of the weak defenses encountered in 2A. Thus the stats may not tell the whole truth.

Back to club...you may live in economically depressed areas but most if not all the clubs have scholarship programs in place for just these type of kids. If he is that talanted he should at least be at tryouts for the various clubs coaches to evaluate.

The club vs. High School soccer has been debated numerous times on this website. It would seem to me that top caliber players would have the ability to play post their high school careers. I would expect that the majority of college soccer players played club ball. My son plays 3A and in every instance that I can recall any opposing players that impressed me also played club at some level.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well I think you have over looked the basis of my argument in your zeal to promote the NWHS line you have forgotten that the team aspect of soccer is the key to evaluating the true abilities of the players. If ENZO played for York HS he likely is not the all time leading scoreer or even on a state championship team. He is surrounded by top notch players who make it easier for him to excell.
In football terms how many time do you see a team add a big time back and all of a sudden the passing game kicks into high gear. It is the same, even more so IMHO for soccer.
Did Vanetten get scored on a lot by NWHS, yes. So would Foster, in fact having seen both play over 20 game (I have seen both of them that many times) I would argue that Vanetten is a better shot blocker, his reach on the dive give him a slight advantage over Foster. Not putting down Foster because he is excellent too but when it come down to one guy I think Vanetten would have been just as good in goal as NWHS keepers. Same goes for the other guys but in other ways obviously. You have to take the player and put him into this dream team and then see what they add to the mix. Landvik-Larsen is about as fast a striker you will see in the state (I think he is going on to play Div 1 football not soccer) put him on a front line with ENZO and Ricky or Dennis and his ability to blow by players would lead to a significant increaase in goals for him.

You have to remember that with these "dream" team concepts you will have to accept that guys who are good on a team with a couple of superstars will be supplanted by the great players from a team of mostly good players. You can no longer look at what the team did you most look at the players and see how they fair on thier own.

Chris Landvik-Larsen is a good player, no doubt. He's one of the fastest sprinters I've ever seen. However, his accuracy on frame isn't nearly the same caliber at Enzo's or Ricky's.

One could argue that Enzo's club team is, in fact, a dream team. It consists of the following South Carolina players - Shawn Ferguson, Robbie Benson, Dennis Moore, Alex Martinez, Enzo Martinez, Tyler Vukoder, Ralph Lundy, Geordi Khoury, Aaron Mayes, Andrew Gorospe, Craig Lowe, Clayton Gladden, Zack Clark. The vast majority of the players list above have been selected as All- Region or All State and named to either the North/South Classic or the Clash of the Carolinas.

Chris Landvik-Larsen was on this same team with all of these players and while he was incredibly fast and could boot the ball like nobody's business, he lacked the accuracy on frame. He wasn't part of Coach Wren's starting eleven. He wasn't a leading scorer on the team, which by most estimations, would be the criteria used to determine whether or not someone was a "great" player, especially for a forward.

While Tyler Vukoder has been on this club team, he's always been a starter. He has been arguably the most consist player on this team, year after year. I would agree with Big Daddy that Tyler is at or above the play of NW.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
F
bench
bench
F
Thomas Valkonis of Eastside, Manning Rushton of Greenville High, Miguel Teos of Eastside, Sam Mattern of JL Mann and Reid Grier of JL Mann can play with any of these guys

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
There was a world of difference in the quality of the players in this year's 3A and 4A championship game. Much more so than in previous years.

bruin #124255 06/10/09 06:27 PM
throw in
throw in
Doesn't mean anything....yall need to get off of 4As **ts for a while to realize there are a lot of good players in the other classifications....I'm gonna let you use some of my adlibs from my adlib box!

Yeah!! HAHA
F
kick off
kick off
F
One thing to consider in this mix, is that some players do not play their club position in high school when you talk about perhaps some players not "shining". They play were they are needed due to their skill level. If we put some NW players out of their "normal" position and put them on center defense, could they play it well, yes, but could they play it as well as perhaps those who play it year round?

NW was fortunate enough to have 8 players that play together almost 12 months a year for over 5 years now. They know where to move to space, where to receive the ball and and generally sense how plays are developing. That is a hard thing to teach to 22 HS players who come together in January and break up in May and play at different age and skill levels.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Chick,

I said it was a great year and you yourself pointed me to the weak schedule. I agree that your location makes it difficult to schedule quality opponents. You may want to consider schduling another tournament with tougher opponents to lend a little credence to the schedule. As to your list:

1. Players listed are not all from Northwestern please don't associate me with the NWHS love fest.
2. Playing 4A soccer was used as an example of the weak defense encountered in 2A. Thus the stats may not tell the whole truth. I agree that students shouldn't be penalized for where their parents live. That is why I asked about his club experience. If he played it would have been a more even playing field to make comparisons.
3. Yep
4. Again used as an example of the weak defenses encountered in 2A. Thus the stats may not tell the whole truth.

Back to club...you may live in economically depressed areas but most if not all the clubs have scholarship programs in place for just these type of kids. If he is that talanted he should at least be at tryouts for the various clubs coaches to evaluate.

The club vs. High School soccer has been debated numerous times on this website. It would seem to me that top caliber players would have the ability to play post their high school careers. I would expect that the majority of college soccer players played club ball. My son plays 3A and in every instance that I can recall any opposing players that impressed me also played club at some level.

Scholarship programs don't mean a lot when one has to drive a half-hour to get to the nearest club. That does not even include the trips to tournaments. Our kids are forced to play in rec leagues many of which are in NC which is not too far up the road for us.

As far as the schedule goes, we are playing in some quality tournaments next season. The Airport Invitational being one of them. My point is this, there are quality players in all four classifications. You can't just say a kid is not good enough because he plays in 2A.

I'll give you that most of the better players in the state play club ball, however, that does not mean they are automatically better than kids that don't.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
Chick #124258 06/12/09 06:53 PM
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
i have been arounf a long time and have watched lots of soccer all over this great land of ours. high school soccer does not hold a candle to club soccer. if a kid aint playing club and is just playing high school, he cannot progress nearly as fast as club players. the competition is akin to a 1a school trying to compete with nhs. nhs and even irmo are exceptions as most of their players are premier level players. college coaches rarely attend high school games but show up in droves for club tournaments. very few college coaches have heqrd of northwestern, but most of them know dsc 90 green which boasts allstar players from 3 states. kid might be a good 1 04 2 a player, but i doubt he cpould play with the big boys. if he wants to improve, he can find a way to play. we took one of our sons 90 minutes away to play on a better club team for 3 years, so it can be done. u barking up the wrong tree, chick.

S
goal
goal
S
Chick,

I certainly sympathize with your location. It does appear to limit his/your options. But 30 minutes is nothing compared to what I have seen some parents doing.

Glad to see your in the Airport tourney. I look forward to watching this superstar at this tourney.

There will always be an exception to the rule. I think you are missing the main point though which is that statistics in the SCHSL don't mean a whole lot IMHO. Some coaches let their stars score 5, 6, 7 or more goals in a single game whereas other (respectable) coaches will pull there star after a hat trick if the game is not close.

I am certainly not trying to disparage this youngs man's accomplishments but the other players listed have many more credentials than just one year of 2A soccer in what has been historically a weak soccer state at both the High School and club levels.

What did he do last year or his freshman year?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Chick,

I certainly sympathize with your location. It does appear to limit his/your options. But 30 minutes is nothing compared to what I have seen some parents doing.

Glad to see your in the Airport tourney. I look forward to watching this superstar at this tourney.

There will always be an exception to the rule. I think you are missing the main point though which is that statistics in the SCHSL don't mean a whole lot IMHO. Some coaches let their stars score 5, 6, 7 or more goals in a single game whereas other (respectable) coaches will pull there star after a hat trick if the game is not close.

I am certainly not trying to disparage this youngs man's accomplishments but the other players listed have many more credentials than just one year of 2A soccer in what has been historically a weak soccer state at both the High School and club levels.

What did he do last year or his freshman year?

First of all I don't let him score 5, 6 or 7 goals in a match. I think he scored six once early in the season against a 3-A team who made the playoffs the year before. We have about 12-13 kids who can play, if I take him out of a match, the drop off is dramatic. Keep in mind he was injured midway through the season and had a stretch of three games in which he did not score a goal. One of those matches, he played goal and recorded a shut out.

Second, club is not an option for this kid, there are things that club scholarships don't pay for...namely gas and meals. He simply does not have the money to play.

Last season, he scored 16 goals and had 12 assists which puts him at 64 goals in two years. Not too shabby even in the lowly 2A competition.

We'll play in the Airport Tourney and see what happens. I never said the kid was the greatest player in the state, I simply put forth his name for the discussion. I realize now it's impossible for a kid who does not play club and is not in 4A from "traditionally weak" soccer state does not merit consideration for the "dream team". I will withdraw his name from consideration.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
brace
brace
Taylorbabe, excellent post! I will not argue with your statements or conclusions. I was merely trying to point out to those in a NWHS love fest that there is a wider net to be cast when considering the talent going into a "super" team. A blanket statement saying players are not upto the same level as other players is a weak argument. You have done a better job of making my point than I did! Thank you.

throw in
throw in
well duh there are more good players than just at northwestern, the thread is about a super team of sc, im just saying hey a team that goes 24-0 and wins a national championship sounds like a super team to me! and as for fort mill, the only player i would put on an allstar team would be TV he is a great player no question. But VanEtten!? come on one of the most overrated goal keepers or maybe he just decides not to play against northwestern in the 2-0 game this year the only close game (in score) in the past 2 years his defenders made more off the line clearances than he made saves his punts arent great and neither are his goal kicks definately not "super team" material if he cant show up to play the best teams

squanc #124263 06/13/09 04:51 PM
brace
brace
Yes we know what you are saying NWHS, NWHS, NWHS. It's ok to be proud of your school and program, what everyone else is saying is that they are good but that there are lots of other good players out there too. If you take ENZO away NWHS is still good but they drop off quite a bit in goals scored.

When you start the whole fantasy team thing people are going to want to see players from across the board because they know a couple of great players on one team can make everyone else look better. Many great players play on teams that never win it all and sometimes do not win much, that does not make them lesser players just like being a player on a championship team make some players great just cause they were on a team with a few superstars. NWHS is a team of many good players, a few great players, and at least one superstar, but there are many other good, some great, and a few superstars out there too.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Well said..Chief

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Yes we know what you are saying NWHS, NWHS, NWHS. It's ok to be proud of your school and program, what everyone else is saying is that they are good but that there are lots of other good players out there too. If you take ENZO away NWHS is still good but they drop off quite a bit in goals scored.

When you start the whole fantasy team thing people are going to want to see players from across the board because they know a couple of great players on one team can make everyone else look better. Many great players play on teams that never win it all and sometimes do not win much, that does not make them lesser players just like being a player on a championship team make some players great just cause they were on a team with a few superstars. NWHS is a team of many good players, a few great players, and at least one superstar, but there are many other good, some great, and a few superstars out there too.

i agree with you completely.. was just explaining why i said nhs formation, forwards, etc. in an earlier post! south carolina soccer is getting better and better because of most of these players that people are saying not just from NHS!

corner kick
corner kick
maybe uall should be thinkin about having a real hs season and drop the mickey mouse competition you have right now, before that, hs soccer would always be a joke and we will spend so much time writing about kids with not future and hope.

hopin that if any of this kids make it pro, they dont have to end up with paris hilton, that is just gross ; )

Club of the century.
goal
goal
And maybe you should learn proper grammar.

corner kick
corner kick
maybe ; )

Club of the century.
bench
bench
my super team of sc
Goalkeeper
Kyle Smith-Nmb
Defenders
Robbie Benson-Northwestern
Shawn Ferguson-Northwestern
Drew Smith-nmb
Sam Mattern-JL Mann

Midfield
Ralph Lundy-Wando
Alex Martinez-Northwestern
Bobby Belair-how can yall forgot about him-Socastee
Zack Acree-Irmo

Forwards
Enzo martinez-duh northwestern
Antoine Parris-Spring Valley
Taylor Varney-Irmo

goal kick
goal kick
Goalie: Justin Braddock-RV

DEF: Robbie Benson-NW
Shawn Ferguson-NW
Manning Rushton-Greenville

MIDS: Ralph Lundy-Wando
Alex Martinez-NW
Bobby Belair-Socastee
Byron Quinatoa-Dreher

FOR: Enzo Martinez-NW
Justin Watson-Socastee
Thomas Valikonis-Eastside

bench
bench
super team of next year will be
keeper
Kyle Smith-Nmb
Defenders
Drew smith-nmb
Oliver nobels-irmo
Reid Grier-JL Mann Hs
kyle hubbard-irmo
Midfield
Alex martinez-nw
Zack acree-irmo
emmett lunceford-irmo
Joey Demare-chapin
forwards
Alan Gore-Nmb
antoine parris-sv
ricky garbanzo-nw

F
bench
bench
F
Manning Rushton didn't play defense for Greenville

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

super team of next year will be
keeper
Kyle Smith-Nmb
Defenders
Drew smith-nmb
Oliver nobels-irmo
Reid Grier-JL Mann Hs
kyle hubbard-irmo
Midfield
Alex martinez-nw
Zack acree-irmo
emmett lunceford-irmo
Joey Demare-chapin
forwards
Alan Gore-Nmb
antoine parris-sv
ricky garbanzo-nw

Beebee and Braddock are way better than the nmb goalkeeper. Who is he by the way? And really ? Benson and Ferguson are twice as good as Drew Smith. And I forgot that Alan Gore is better than Enzo??? This is straight up clown talk.

G'd up from the feet up
bench
bench
thats why i said next years super team enzo will be gone and kyle smith made 3a all state as a sophmore he is sick

goal kick
goal kick
All State doesn't mean much because the quality of soccer in 3A was so poor this year. And i asked around about kyle smith. either he is the twin that got cut from the 92 odp team or he is the one that is the worst on the team. So super team of SC? Don't think so

G'd up from the feet up
brace
brace
Oh let'em dream! Afterall we already said it's a fantasy thing anyway no real way to rank any player against another unless they play on the same team for a period of time. Then you have removed the variables that may make a player look good or even better than he is compared to another player. As for the quailty of 3A not sure how to decide that but did'nt a 3A team give NWHS their biggest scare of the year before NWHS came from behind to win 4-2?

goal kick
goal kick
no,
It was Cardinal Newman, an SCISA team
Just saying...

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
brace
brace
Yes but are they not AAA??

goal kick
goal kick
Thats not the classification they compete in so no they are not AAA.

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
bench
bench
who made gk for 92 odp then and where does he play soccer at

brace
brace
I quess I misunderstood the fact that on their team page (using the score board link on scsoccer.com) shows them as I-AAA but I guess that does not mean the same as AAA. MY bad!

C
Coach
Coach
C
AAA in SCISA, yes, but SCISA divisions are not the same as SCHSL divisions, so they don't really correlate.

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
So is SCISA better than AAA?

C
Coach
Coach
C
SCISA (South Carolina Independent School Association) isn't necessarily "better" or "worse" than any division within the SCHSL (South Carolina High School League). SCISA is just comprised of an entirely different group of independent schools (private, as opposed to the SCHSL which is, with a few very notable exceptions, comprised of public schools), with a different governing body and a different set of rules and parameters for competition--so you can't assume that a school that falls under the designation "AAA" under SCISA is the equivalent of one that falls under "AAA" by SCHSL standards, any more than you can assume the rank of "captain" in the army is an equivalent rank to "captain" in the navy. Same designation, but different set of standards.

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard