Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
I see that the Bridge U14 girls teams have been posted. They have a team listed as Premier and a team listed as Challenge.

Does anyone know what league these two teams will play in?

Also, when does SCYSA start to list what teams are registered for what leagues?

Thanks

O
kick off
kick off
O
Their Premier team must be playing Challenge, they have no Premier league spot.

If their Premier is playing Challenge I would assume their Challenge team is playing Classic. Does this mean they will have a Classic team playing Rec?

Good marketing.

H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

Their Premier team must be playing Challenge, they have no Premier league spot.

If their Premier is playing Challenge I would assume their Challenge team is playing Classic. Does this mean they will have a Classic team playing Rec?

Good marketing.

Well, that is what I heard. That Premier was going to play challenge and the Challenge team would play classic.

I found that hard to believe so figured I would post here and find out.

My daughter is not on this team but she has some friends who went with Bridge rather than the team she was on. More just curiosity than anything else.

Seen alot written the last week or so about the program so just wondered what the reasoning in the team names and where they would play.

I guess SCYSA would not care, but how can a team called Premier play Challenge and a team called Challenge play Classic. Doesn't make much sense to me.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Boy... I have to tell you I cannot believe this question comes up over and over again.... IT IS A NAME, THAT IS IT... They could be called Florence Recreation Soccer 95 girls and as long as they win the CHALLENGE State Cup they would have a spot on the premier league.

it is meaningless to base a team's place on their name alone...Heck I could have the Red rowdies Premier team and win the American Cup (Rec Cup).

It all fals under marketing.....

H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

Boy... I have to tell you I cannot believe this question comes up over and over again.... IT IS A NAME, THAT IS IT... They could be called Florence Recreation Soccer 95 girls and as long as they win the CHALLENGE State Cup they would have a spot on the premier league.

it is meaningless to base a team's place on their name alone...Heck I could have the Red rowdies Premier team and win the American Cup (Rec Cup).

It all fals under marketing.....

I UNDERSTAND IT IS JUST A NAME. And your last line sums it up. It is for marketing only, but some of us are entitled to have the opinion that it is a little silly. Chill.

Besides, I still have not heard what division they are playing in. For most clubs/teams if they called a team Challenge, they would play in the Challenge league. If they called a team Classic they would play in the Classic league.

So, when I heard they were putting the teams into Challenge and Classic, I posted on here to confirm. Don't think it is a major offense to state an opinion and ask a question.

By the way, they don't have to win the state Challenge league to play R3PL, they only have to be in the finals. And they very well may do that. Personally, I would feel funny having my Daughter play on a team named Premier when I knew they were not in the R3PL.

It is a marketing ploy, but doesn't that some something about them and the parents they marketed to?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The DOC can probably answer your questions..Contact info is listed on the Bridge website

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 06/08/09 10:16 PM.
C
Goal
Goal
C

I don't know if you are honestly seeking information or busting on the Bridge, but your same argument can be made at MPSC. They have "Elite" teams that are not playing premier. Is that just for marketing also?

H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

I don't know if you are honestly seeking information or busting on the Bridge, but your same argument can be made at MPSC. They have "Elite" teams that are not playing premier. Is that just for marketing also?

I think that is a bit silly too for MPSC to do that. I never said MPSC should calling their teams Elite if they are playing in the Challenge League. As far as I am concerned Challenge is challenge - period. Calling them Elite or Premier is a farse if they are not playing in the Premier League. I don't know why MPSC called those teams Elite, but can't say I agree with that either. But I believe that MPSC called their second teams in the same age group Classic. I think that makes it obvious to anyone looking that the teams titled Elite or Challenge will play in the challenge league and the teams labeled Classic will play in the classic league.

Bridge has chosen to name their teams Premier and Challenge. Since they can't play in the R3PL it is kinda hard to know what leagues either of these teams are playing in. For all we know they are going to play the Premier team in tournaments only. That is what SAA did years ago. My question was a simple question for clarification - it's not the cold war and I can't believe it is a guarded secret.

When Bridge made their announcment a month or so ago, they came to this board to do so. Can't have it both ways. Can't make announcments and talk about the changes in their program on a public board, and then not answer the questions asked.

It's not a difficult question and it should not be a big deal. I don't have a kid playing at their club so I kinda doubt they are gonna answer any questions I have.

I have a question, simple to answer and am posting it on the same board where they announced their plans. Shouldn't be a big deal to anyone, including them.

Edited to add;
My only and simple question is what leagues are the two teams going to play in. My only reason for raising the question on the names "Premier" and "Challenge" is that it is hard to tell from those names exactly what league/level of play the two teams plan to be in for next fall. It's a simple question - nothing sinister about it.

Last edited by HSS1976; 06/09/09 12:00 AM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Okay, guys, give it a rest, eh??? Here we go again with the constant bantering between these two clubs.... As Futbol(Soccer) pointed out and illustrated, IT IS ONLY A NAME. 1976's point about the word "premier" being used in the team name leading to confusion about actually playing in the "premier" league could apply to several of Coastal United FC's (formerly Bridge FA) teams now, as many of their teams are now using "premier" in their name. As for MPSC using the word "elite" behind some of their team names, there is no "elite" league, so the confusion/argument isn't as great.......I know I am playing devil's advocate here, but it is part of their team name.....how long is it going to get to get past this one?

H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

Quote:

Okay, guys, give it a rest, eh??? Here we go again with the constant bantering between these two clubs.... As Futbol(Soccer) pointed out and illustrated, IT IS ONLY A NAME. 1976's point about the word "premier" being used in the team name leading to confusion about actually playing in the "premier" league could apply to several of Coastal United FC's (formerly Bridge FA) teams now, as many of their teams are now using "premier" in their name. As for MPSC using the word "elite" behind some of their team names, there is no "elite" league, so the confusion/argument isn't as great.......I know I am playing devil's advocate here, but it is part of their team name.....how long is it going to get to get past this one?

Because my original question in this entire thread was

WHAT WILL THE LEVEL OF PLAY OR LEAGUES BE FOR EACH OF THESE TEAMS. ARE THEY BOTH PLAYING CHALLENGE OR IS THE PREMIER TEAM PLAYING CHALLENGE AND THE CHALLENGE TEAM PLAYING CLASSIC.

Should be a simple question to answer.

PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY ORIGINAL POST.

Last edited by HSS1976; 06/09/09 12:04 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard