Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know if you are honestly seeking information or busting on the Bridge, but your same argument can be made at MPSC. They have "Elite" teams that are not playing premier. Is that just for marketing also?

Okay, guys, give it a rest, eh??? Here we go again with the constant bantering between these two clubs.... As Futbol(Soccer) pointed out and illustrated, IT IS ONLY A NAME. 1976's point about the word "premier" being used in the team name leading to confusion about actually playing in the "premier" league could apply to several of Coastal United FC's (formerly Bridge FA) teams now, as many of their teams are now using "premier" in their name. As for MPSC using the word "elite" behind some of their team names, there is no "elite" league, so the confusion/argument isn't as great.......I know I am playing devil's advocate here, but it is part of their team name.....how long is it going to get to get past this one?

Because my original question in this entire thread was

WHAT WILL THE LEVEL OF PLAY OR LEAGUES BE FOR EACH OF THESE TEAMS. ARE THEY BOTH PLAYING CHALLENGE OR IS THE PREMIER TEAM PLAYING CHALLENGE AND THE CHALLENGE TEAM PLAYING CLASSIC.

Should be a simple question to answer.

PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY ORIGINAL POST.

I concur that it is a simple question, but I can't answer it, as I am not a coach for either team. I also don't have a daughter playing for either team as well, so I have no insight to help you with an answer. There are several scenarios that could take play: Their U14 Premier team could play U14 Challenge in the fall and the U14 Challenge could play U14 Classic OR the U14 Premier team might choose to play up and play U15 Classic or even Challenge and have the U14 Challenge play U14 Challenge............maybe they don't even know that yet until they actually get their players together to play as a team. With three clubs merging into one, several of those players who have never met each other before will now be playing together as a team. Applications for the league aren't due until later in the summer.........are you going to be able to hold off that long for an answer???

H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know if you are honestly seeking information or busting on the Bridge, but your same argument can be made at MPSC. They have "Elite" teams that are not playing premier. Is that just for marketing also?

Okay, guys, give it a rest, eh??? Here we go again with the constant bantering between these two clubs.... As Futbol(Soccer) pointed out and illustrated, IT IS ONLY A NAME. 1976's point about the word "premier" being used in the team name leading to confusion about actually playing in the "premier" league could apply to several of Coastal United FC's (formerly Bridge FA) teams now, as many of their teams are now using "premier" in their name. As for MPSC using the word "elite" behind some of their team names, there is no "elite" league, so the confusion/argument isn't as great.......I know I am playing devil's advocate here, but it is part of their team name.....how long is it going to get to get past this one?

Because my original question in this entire thread was

WHAT WILL THE LEVEL OF PLAY OR LEAGUES BE FOR EACH OF THESE TEAMS. ARE THEY BOTH PLAYING CHALLENGE OR IS THE PREMIER TEAM PLAYING CHALLENGE AND THE CHALLENGE TEAM PLAYING CLASSIC.

Should be a simple question to answer.

PLEASE GO BACK AND READ MY ORIGINAL POST.

I concur that it is a simple question, but I can't answer it, as I am not a coach for either team. I also don't have a daughter playing for either team as well, so I have no insight to help you with an answer. There are several scenarios that could take play: Their U14 Premier team could play U14 Challenge in the fall and the U14 Challenge could play U14 Classic OR the U14 Premier team might choose to play up and play U15 Classic or even Challenge and have the U14 Challenge play U14 Challenge............maybe they don't even know that yet until they actually get their players together to play as a team. With three clubs merging into one, several of those players who have never met each other before will now be playing together as a team. Applications for the league aren't due until later in the summer.........are you going to be able to hold off that long for an answer???

If you don't have a player on the team then you would probably not be the person to answer. So you don't need to worry about trying to answer.

My question would be for someone familiar with the teams who perhaps would know the answer. I would think someone out there has an idea of what level is going to be played. I don't know why all the grief over a simple question.

H
kick off
kick off
H
It seems the only reason you would care what level these teams are playing in the fall is you are scared of the competition( and no i do not have a daughter on the team).No one knows at this time in any age group what teams are playing where. Any team posted right now for any club can play challenge,classic or up an age. Let's wait and see.

O
bench
bench
O
Quote:

It seems the only reason you would care what level these teams are playing in the fall is you are scared of the competition( and no i do not have a daughter on the team).No one knows at this time in any age group what teams are playing where. Any team posted right now for any club can play challenge,classic or up an age. Let's wait and see.

Possibly... or more likely a rival club that lost players to Bridge/Coastal and is now trying to fabricate anything they can in order to send out an email to those former players' parents warning them of all the things that are wrong with the new club they've chosen...wait, that already happened.

S
bench
bench
S
unbelievable, i dont understand why people who dont have a child on the team give a rats bottom about this stuff. just to end this thread, my child is on the "premier team" which is by the way only a name. both teams will be playing in the challenge league. hopefully now all the parents from mpsc and all the other clubs can sleep well tonight. can we move on please.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
HSS1976,

Where is your kid playing?
Please see below, I went to the scysa page to get this info.
PMSL Fall 2006
U13 GIRLS CLASSIC Pts GP W L T GF GF4 GA GD4 TE
Aiken Fireballs (SC) 45 12 11 0 1 52 36 2 35 0
Coast FA 93 Girls Red (NC) 41 12 10 1 1 77 38 4 37 0
MPSC 93 Girls White (SC) 33 12 8 3 1 45 33 19 18 0
CESA 94 Girls Premier (SC) 31 12 7 2 3 32 26 5 21 0
Bridge FA 94 Girls Gold (SC) 29 11 7 3 1 27 20 16 9 0
LCSC Ice (SC) 28 12 7 5 0 34 25 24 3 0
CESA 93 Girls Classic (SC) 21 12 5 6 1 23 17 15 5 0
CFC 93 Girls (SC) 21 12 5 6 1 25 21 30 -3 0
SSC 93 Girls Blue (SC) 13 10 3 6 1 12 12 29 -13 0
CRSA Rapid Girls Red (SC) 12 11 3 8 0 12 10 29 -14 0
NACS Lady Kicks '93 (SC) 4 10 1 9 0 12 7 50 -29 0
TCSC Stars (SC) 1 10 0 9 1 6 6 73 -33 0
FSA Florence Strikers (SC)

Hope you can ask the other club that named there team premier and played them in the classic league the same question? Let's move on or you can contact the people in charge of the Bridge.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Onthefence,

After viewing all your other post about anything relating to the Bridge it appears you have an axe to grind with someone at the Bridge. I'll say you're an antagonist and you are good at it too. lol

HSS1976 you got caught with that bait.

corner kick
corner kick
I've got no dog in any youth fight, but here's some food for thought:

As far as I can remember, no one had teams named "Premier" before the Premier League was started, regardless of what league they played in.

Course, we all usually had our own team names back then too, not just MPSC 93 Girls or CESA 92 Girls, but MPSC Ice, Fury, Impulse, Aiken Fire, JIYSC Blaze, etc.

I've got no qualms with clubs that name their top team Elite because if it's the top team in that club, it's the elite one for them. Colour coding gets confusing between clubs, but no issue there.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

unbelievable, i dont understand why people who dont have a child on the team give a rats bottom about this stuff. just to end this thread, my child is on the "premier team" which is by the way only a name. both teams will be playing in the challenge league. hopefully now all the parents from mpsc and all the other clubs can sleep well tonight. can we move on please.

Thank you for the answer. I did not think that asking what league each team would play in would be that big a secret or a deal.

This could have been moved on much earlier in the day if someone had answered with the information you just did.

My question got answered, it was a simple question with a simple answer. Alot of people got worked up over nothing.

If the parents on the team are happy calling themselves Premier, fine. That is their opinion and I respect it. It would be nice if some of the posters respected that some people may not agree with calling a team Premier when they are not in R3PL. Who knows, they may have a great season and win a spot there for next year. If they do, more power to them. I wish them well. My question was to clarify where the teams would play, that's all. No evil intent, just wondering.

And for the record, had some discussions with a parent who was told that one of the teams would play classic. I found that a little confusing so I figured I would find out if the rumor was true. What was so wrong with that???

H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

Onthefence,

After viewing all your other post about anything relating to the Bridge it appears you have an axe to grind with someone at the Bridge. I'll say you're an antagonist and you are good at it too. lol

HSS1976 you got caught with that bait.

Looking back you are probably right. i really came just to find out a simple answer to a simple question. I did get goaded into offering my opinion on the naming issue, and my original intent was really just some clarification.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard