H
HSS1976 Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
H
Quote:

Playing at what level Chief?

This is a dumb thread. There is no correlation whatsoever between name and level of play.

Clubs typically name their teams based on their own hierarchy. WHether the top team is "Premier",or "Elite", or "Gold" or "Green"or "Blue".....is absolutely irrelevant.

It is simply a means of designating/separating "A" teams from "B" teams.

And while we're on the subject of misleading names and marketing manipulation.......how dare the folks at Bridge and CUFC name their new joint venture "South Carolina United".

Jeez.......how presumptious!!!!!

tongue in cheek......

I just want to point out once again that the purpose of the thread was to determine what league the two teams from Bridge would be playing in. The only reason the team names were brought into the conversation was to discuss if the names gave clarity as to whether or not the teams were playing in Challenge or Classic.

I heard they were playing the Premier team in Challenge and the Challenge team in Classic. I think it is understandable that this could be confusing to some people. Plus, since it was a rumor, I thought I would try and find out if the rumor was true or simply a rumor that was not true. No eveil intent, just asking for clarification.

The original post asked where the teams would be playing. A parent from the Premier teams was kind enough to answer and he indicated that both teams would play in the Challenge league this fall.

That was really and end to the information requested.

I know I got caught offering my opinion on naming, but it is just that, my opinion. Doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong, just stating my viewpoint.

Anyway, now that the question was answered (and I realize that things can always change - it's the nature of youth soccer) I imagine we can move on.

Thanks for everyone input.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Daddy, you say "...R3PL seems to be going the way of the dinaosaur also, given the rise of the USSF Academy. The best players are there, or heading there" ...and all is quiet on the northwestern front. But, if I would've said it, parker/mak and loc dog would've gone ballistic.

What is up with that ?!?!

I think its just that my natural tact and diplomacy is so apparent to all!

What if.......CESA went Academy? What would be left in NC-SC-GA? R3PL would be better than the SCSCL......but no way could anyone say it was the highest level of play in the region. Well guess what? Outside of CESA.......we're already there. Not a slap at anyone. It is simply reality. CESA is a great club with great teams. Academy or no....they are what they are. But just as "no man is an island, unto himself...", there is a point that I believe CESA is fast approaching, where if they want to stay at that level......they will need to go Academy.

They've been able to pull kids from all over by selling themselves as highest level of play. That will cease....as people see that they no longer are competing at that level.

goal
goal
Big, at the risk of killing mac and/or loc, I gotta say that I agree with you completely, except that I don't believe cesa will even be given an opportunity to join academy anytime in the foreseeable future.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I think CESA is one of the top clubs in the region, if not country. I really do (and I have no kids there).

Very, very well managed, strategic thinking, classical healthy pyramid with all levels of soccer under their control, as well as fields. They are a smaller version of CASL, IMO.

For some reason they haven't gone Academy. But my guess is when they want to......USSF will make it happen.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
BD.... I think it would be interesting hear why your kid does not play for one of the many teams available at CESA?

R
throw in
throw in
R
I thought this thread was about Bridge.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard