Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
bench
bench
L
probably because other states have there u15s playing in the spring together and our u15s are stuck playing jv soccer or sitting the bench on varsity. then they are playing with majority poor players or getting no time on the ball.

A
bench
bench
A
I think that contributed. Speed of play was a lot faster.

L
bench
bench
L
i talked to a few guys off of the u15s and they said the goals they conceded were rather scrappy. does anyone know how the lowcountry teams did today?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

i talked to a few guys off of the u15s and they said the goals they conceded were rather scrappy. does anyone know how the lowcountry teams did today?

Unfortunately, not very well. None of the teams won any of their games with only three teams having one tie a piece:

MPSC 96 Boys Elite: Lost 2 games, Tied 1 game
James Island 95 Girls: Lost 3 games
MPSC 93 Girls White: Lost 3 games
Coast 92 Red Girls: Lost 2 games, Tied 1 game
MPSC 91 Maroon Girls: Lost 2 games, Tied 1 game

Better luck next year!

L
bench
bench
L
what about ssc?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
SSC lost all three matches

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I think that the state soccer association and the high school league needs to revisit the timing of its league. The SC teams are surely at a disadvantage after not playing together for months. When the kids are in high school season their school coaches doesn't want them part taking in anythings else.

So do we want a good showing at every level, then a compromise is needed. Who needs who? Can we get a win win solution? I don't it, but it's worth asking the question...

H
kick off
kick off
H
Again i think this is a perfect example that the lowcountry
needs to come together and form competitive teams in order to be able to compete at any level outside of SC.There are several clubs that are trying to do this....it's amazing people still don't get it.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
More kids to choose from would be a plus but it does not mean more wins..The participation numbers have always been lower in SC compared to surrounding states.They have more kids to choose from.That means more size,strength and speed to choose from also.

L
bench
bench
L
there really isnt much more you can do about the timing of high school soccer. to get these kids to carry on playing spring club soccer instead of jv has to be a choice. maybe the attraction of not having to pay for jv is why. maybe clubs should be doing the same as the acadamy teams for u12s ect. and have the players commit the whole year until they come of age where spring club isnt offered. the way i see it the kids who can still play u15 soccer are usually freshman and they will be getting a whole season which is highly competitive instead of playing in a poor jv league. then the sophmores will all be playing jv and being developed into their respected high schools "system" and the jv league will be stronger. this would all contribute to the quality of varsity soccer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard