Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
world cup
world cup
Joisey Rossi was unbelievable!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
L
wow, US plays Italy and there are 2 posts.

my takes:

clark's red card was bogus but u can't go in that high.
bradley and jozy should have scored.
where were torres and adu?
howard did all he could do.
landon look pretty good.
with only 10 the us did ok.

don't think we'll make it out of group play.

agreed, rossi is for real.

corner kick
corner kick
my thoughts on the game.

1. Is about time to start looking for a real coach.
2. Sudafrica would be another embarrasing competion for the US and this is going to hurt soccer in this country.
3. The red card was MESSED UP, that should have been a yellow card, ref really do suck sometime.
4. the US needs a true # 10, Donovan isnt creative enough for the world stage.
5. Dempsey needs to do more, he is supposed to be one of the big boys.
6. the US has absolutely nobody on the bench that would make things happend.

Just a few ideas from this futbolstud ; )

Club of the century.
L
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
L
recap of usa game vs italy and comments. will the usmnt ever win a big game?

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/blog/sow_exp...Zkmw7YF?urn=sow,170382

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
I don't care for Ricardo Clark's play the last two games. Previous game he was awful the first half but he did play well in the second. Don't think it was a red for his foul, but he wasn't playing smart. Hurt the US.

S
Goal
Goal
S
Clark's "tackle" was a red card in my book. He clubbed him right on the kneecap, that could have been a serious injury. The fact the player got up from it doesn't change it to a yellow. It was dangerous & it was late. Also look at the US players reaction...not a lot of complaining. Yes, Landycakes bellyached a little but he's a whiner anyway.

I agree about Dempsey, he's probably the best we got at that position but I wish he did more. Most of the time, he seems disinterested and more interested in scowling and making scary faces. Bradley did well. Gooch OK at times but inconsistant. Howard was tremendous. Jozy very good at times, very immature other times. And at his age, I wish he'd stay upright more, a 19 year old doesn't need to deverlop a rep as a diver. Earn some respect first, then you can dive

corner kick
corner kick
nah dude, ricky was late that is true but that doesnt mean he went straight to hurt, he went just hard which is part of the game of soccer, whats next, soccer players are going to wear skirts too? i think the yellow was just messed up!

jozy is a good player, i didnt see any dive from him, that a clear penalty kick, it was a great move by him.

tim was the best player.

Club of the century.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
so no one wants to stand up and blast the back line of the us??? shocking...

miserable from the back four. onyewu is an AVERAGE player at best without bocanegra beside him. never been a big carlos fan, but having seen a back 4 without him in it, he is easily the most important field player on the roster. bornstein and spector are a long way away from being able to compete in matches of that magnitude.

i still think the best back four you can have at this point is heyduk(when healthy), bocanegra(when healthy), onyewu, and beasley.

ive seen enough of feilhaber and clark. they dont have the technical ability to play outside of concacaf. id like to see adu in the brasil match, and how he'll handle (mentally) a game that fast/physical.

id like to see some people share their ideas of a starting XI for the next match.

corner kick
corner kick
about just everybody in the States is average in the world stage, and the only reason they beat teams like El Salvador is bc they are a little bigger, once this countries realize that can use bigger people to challenge the US, then the USA would be in trouble even in ccc.

I think Altidore is the only hope, Sasha shows some skill someetimes but still too slow, Bradly is not bad but not that good either.

The defense is just slow.

With these high schools and soccer competition what else you think we gone get?

Im not sure if the club level is that great but the US is just not looking good vrs the Big Boys, kind of sad, watching Egypt putting up with Brazil and the US struggling vrs Italy.

I like Altidore but Donovan isnt gone get any better, lets hope for Sasha and Dempsey to finally step up.

Where is Torres?

Club of the century.
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Wednesday
On ESPN2 10 a.m.: Spain v Iraq
2:25 p.m.: SA v New Zealand

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard