Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Thanks to Kenneth Massey for once again compiling the 2009 SC Boys Massey Ratings.

2009 Massey Ratings (SC Boys)

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Uh, Indian Land rated 20 spots higher than Clover or Nation Ford? Both of whom comfortably defeated IL?

S
throw in
throw in
S
How would Wahalla which Emerald beat 3 times and Wahalla who beat Batesburg Leesville be rated in front of Emerald. I can't see how that would be possible. When you look at strength of schedule both Emerald and Wahalla played alot harder schedules than Batesburg. For three consecutive years Emerald has made it to state finals but lost to Bishop England who would beat anybody in 2A 99% of the time.
So how do you rate other 2A teams ahead of Emerald. That makes no sense!!! Also Emerald played Eastside who is rated 3rd and only lost 2-0 at Eastside.I'm not sure the Massey system makes much sense if you have teams you have beat all year ranked ahead of you and you make it to state finals every year. Not very accurate!!!

I
bench
bench
I
Quote:

Uh, Indian Land rated 20 spots higher than Clover or Nation Ford? Both of whom comfortably defeated IL?

Actually, those 2 losses were scrimmages- in which IL was at less than full strength, missing 1/2 the starters.

Also, IL beat Clover 3-2 in the regular season- in which they took a "comfortable" 2-0 lead into halftime.

brace
brace
Quote:

Well as Mr. Twain would say "There are lies, dam* lies, and statistics".

These numbers seem to work ok for the obvious #1 or 2 but after that well it gets fuzzy? Look at FMHS behind Cardnial Newman??? They beat them handily during the season (not a scrimage!) yet FMHS ranks below CN??? They even beat Wando yet still ranked much lower?

FMHS had 3rd hardest schedule, and 3rd ranked D (do not forget they played NWHS 3 time imagine where other team D's would be if they got to face the juggernaut three times) I could go on but in the end these number are meaningless and are only an interpetation of the results.

They may do a good job of ranking the more narrow areas; schedule, O, D, but when you combine the easily quantifiable and try to rank things that are more subjective well thats where the problems start.

Last edited by The Chief; 06/20/09 04:01 AM.
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
How could Emerald be ranked 55 and Greenwood ranked 79 with Greenwood winning against Emerald in their last faceoff?

Link Copied to Clipboard