B
Upper: Mann
Lower: Airport
Champ: Mann

S
goal
goal
S
Airport made a great run in the playoffs but unless they are adding some players I wouldn't expect much from them next year. Out of the top ten teams they finished 9th in goals and 10th in goals allowed.

bench
OP Offline
bench
bc will be good next year too cause they played a lot of underclassman last year so watch out for the bearcats in the lowerstate but airport,south aiken and nmb are all teams to look out for, mb and socastee may give teams trouble too

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Maybe it's just me but by and large I'm having trouble finding the quality of teams in 3A that seemed to be there 7 to 10 years ago. Still a good many quality individual players just don't see the powerhouse whole teams. The coastal teams(MB, NMB & Socastee) and upstate (Eastside, Riverside & Greenville) were always really scary. Then in the midlands you always had BC, Chapin and Dreher. Just not sure I've seen quite the quality statewide recently.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Airport made a great run in the playoffs but unless they are adding some players I wouldn't expect much from them next year. Out of the top ten teams they finished 9th in goals and 10th in goals allowed.

Don't goals and goals allowed pretty much go hand in hand? if you are not generating much offense it's usually going to put more pressure on your defense.

S
goal
goal
S
I guess that would be called goal differential. If you look at the top 10 teams Airport had a goal differential of 16, Daniel 21 and BC 36. The remaining teams all had goal differentials in excess of 62.

Back to the discussion unless Airport adds something I don't expect that much improvement. There defense let in alot of goals and I don't see where they will get the offense to compensate. Will there defense get better, probably yes. However, if they don't generate more offense there defense will still be under the pressure. So how do they get more offense?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
By not graduating a offensive starter. I think last year and their run through playoffs will help them out a lot.

S
goal
goal
S
From what I see most of the 3A schools are not loosing many players. I think that was mentioned above as to why some teams were down this year. In that 3A was pretty young this year accross all teams. However, if you are realying on the same team and not adding any players an increase in offense will be hard to accomplish. IMHO - I anticipate that most public schools will see new quality players being added next year. I am not trying to put Airport down I jus don't see where they will get enough offense to justify a trip to the State championship.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

There defense let in alot of goals and I don't see where they will get the offense to compensate. Will there defense get better, probably yes. However, if they don't generate more offense there defense will still be under the pressure. So how do they get more offense?

Correct. However, I think it's almost unfair to call a teams defense weak or say they let in alot of goals when their offense isn't doing their job and ends up putting alot of pressure on the defense. I don't care how good of a defense you have sooner or later a team will score given enough chances. How many games have you seen where a keeper has a clean sheet but probably didn't touch the ball 5 times but the opposing keeper gave up 2 or 3 goals but had a dozen saves. Did the keeper or defense lose the game? More likely the offense isn't up to par. I say it's more difficult to develop a strong offense than defense - and when you do this your defense usually gets credit for being stronger too. That is the challenge for some of these younger teams.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Airport loses 1 starter from last years semi final team. We will return a much improved defense and will add some players that will help the attack. I will look for much more scoring from next years team. We finally have a squad who is playing year round at a high level, something that will make a huge difference in 2010.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard