Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bench
OP Offline
bench
who do yall think

goal kick
goal kick
not nmb...

Chapin for sure only graduate 1 starter from a good team this past year.

S
throw in
throw in
S
That question is easy. J.L. Mann will cruise through next year. Only losing three starters Jay Patel, Mikel Gasmovic, and Sam Mattern. Will be gaining two seniors from the cesa premier team. They will have a all premier defense with multiple premier level freshman coming up next year. They should breeze to the state finals.

goal kick
goal kick
could you expand on how they will be gaining 2 seniors.

Are they transferring schools?
Who are they?

Agreed that J.L. Mann will be a team to beat next year

bench
OP Offline
bench
so who do yall think the two teams playing for the title will be

L
throw in
throw in
L
South Aiken will make another run for it. I would expect them to make it through the quarterfinals and then further if they are healthy. They have some good JV players moving up. I don't think they move back to 4A until after next season. Same for the girls team.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
jl mann easy.. i actually heard that south aiken wasnt that good?

Goal
Goal
Can't imagine BC not making a run for it.
We only lose two starters this year.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
goal
goal
My guess is J.L. Mann or Chapin from the Upper State and either North Myrtle Beach, South Aiken, or Brookland-Cayce from the Lower State.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
M
bench
bench
M
riverside from upper state

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Upper: Mann
Lower: Airport
Champ: Mann

S
goal
goal
S
Airport made a great run in the playoffs but unless they are adding some players I wouldn't expect much from them next year. Out of the top ten teams they finished 9th in goals and 10th in goals allowed.

bench
OP Offline
bench
bc will be good next year too cause they played a lot of underclassman last year so watch out for the bearcats in the lowerstate but airport,south aiken and nmb are all teams to look out for, mb and socastee may give teams trouble too

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Maybe it's just me but by and large I'm having trouble finding the quality of teams in 3A that seemed to be there 7 to 10 years ago. Still a good many quality individual players just don't see the powerhouse whole teams. The coastal teams(MB, NMB & Socastee) and upstate (Eastside, Riverside & Greenville) were always really scary. Then in the midlands you always had BC, Chapin and Dreher. Just not sure I've seen quite the quality statewide recently.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Airport made a great run in the playoffs but unless they are adding some players I wouldn't expect much from them next year. Out of the top ten teams they finished 9th in goals and 10th in goals allowed.

Don't goals and goals allowed pretty much go hand in hand? if you are not generating much offense it's usually going to put more pressure on your defense.

S
goal
goal
S
I guess that would be called goal differential. If you look at the top 10 teams Airport had a goal differential of 16, Daniel 21 and BC 36. The remaining teams all had goal differentials in excess of 62.

Back to the discussion unless Airport adds something I don't expect that much improvement. There defense let in alot of goals and I don't see where they will get the offense to compensate. Will there defense get better, probably yes. However, if they don't generate more offense there defense will still be under the pressure. So how do they get more offense?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
By not graduating a offensive starter. I think last year and their run through playoffs will help them out a lot.

S
goal
goal
S
From what I see most of the 3A schools are not loosing many players. I think that was mentioned above as to why some teams were down this year. In that 3A was pretty young this year accross all teams. However, if you are realying on the same team and not adding any players an increase in offense will be hard to accomplish. IMHO - I anticipate that most public schools will see new quality players being added next year. I am not trying to put Airport down I jus don't see where they will get enough offense to justify a trip to the State championship.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

There defense let in alot of goals and I don't see where they will get the offense to compensate. Will there defense get better, probably yes. However, if they don't generate more offense there defense will still be under the pressure. So how do they get more offense?

Correct. However, I think it's almost unfair to call a teams defense weak or say they let in alot of goals when their offense isn't doing their job and ends up putting alot of pressure on the defense. I don't care how good of a defense you have sooner or later a team will score given enough chances. How many games have you seen where a keeper has a clean sheet but probably didn't touch the ball 5 times but the opposing keeper gave up 2 or 3 goals but had a dozen saves. Did the keeper or defense lose the game? More likely the offense isn't up to par. I say it's more difficult to develop a strong offense than defense - and when you do this your defense usually gets credit for being stronger too. That is the challenge for some of these younger teams.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Airport loses 1 starter from last years semi final team. We will return a much improved defense and will add some players that will help the attack. I will look for much more scoring from next years team. We finally have a squad who is playing year round at a high level, something that will make a huge difference in 2010.

F
bench
bench
F
JL Mann adds two kids who are on the Cesa 91 Premier team who sat out this year after transferring from other schools. They have 8 Cesa premier level players in total and will be very very strong next year. Only question mark will be at goalie

S
throw in
throw in
S
Goalie position will be weak but the defense should be able to hold off any type of attack. The only team form 3a losing many seniors is eastside. Mann will be the champs next year unless they pull an eastside.

throw in
throw in
Who cares if you have a bunch of big name clubbers! Doesn't guarantee anything!

Yeah!! HAHA
goal kick
goal kick
I think SA loses alot of seniors

I think It will be a toss up between Chapin and Mann for the upperstate

As for the lowerstate i think it really can't be decided and it doesn't really matter because none of the lowerstate teams can compete with the upperstate champ whoever that may be.

S
throw in
throw in
S
The only true threat from Chapin is Joey and he can be shut down. The rest of Chapin is solid but not championship caliber.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

As for the lowerstate i think it really can't be decided and it doesn't really matter because none of the lowerstate teams can compete with the upperstate champ whoever that may be.

Dat what da say this spring too! But we done see what happened.

The Big Three from BC will be a challenge to anyone next year.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
L
kick off
kick off
L
BC's "big 3" are very good but I am pretty sure there are 11 on the pitch at one time. You still need 3 more defenders, 3 more midfielders, and 2 forwards...BC will always challenge, no doubt about that but I don't think they are state championship worthy, not after losing a few key starters.

R
kick off
kick off
R
SweetFeet... i Mean it is is Highshcool soccer.. Any player that is good can be shut down with a team that is O.K.

I think Mann will win because they have alot of good players. Chapin will just have the best player with an O.K. team.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

BC's "big 3" are very good but I am pretty sure there are 11 on the pitch at one time. You still need 3 more defenders, 3 more midfielders, and 2 forwards...BC will always challenge, no doubt about that but I don't think they are state championship worthy, not after losing a few key starters.

Achmed not worried about the “Other Big 8”. He worry last year, but boys exceeded Achmed’s expectations. BC have mighty JV to pull from to fill two starting spots, and beware of the stalwart upcoming freshman.
Achmed look into future, and future very bright.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard