Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Big Daddy #124701 06/30/09 12:04 PM
Goal
Goal
If it's called Monday Morning Quarterbacking for Football, what do they called it for Soccer.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
HAHAHAHA!!!!!

You know, the game is making progress in this country when instead of second guessing the Braves manager or John Fox or whatever......we sit here and play what if's with the mens national team.

Big Daddy #124703 07/01/09 12:16 PM
Goal
Goal
Actually I was serous.
We should have a soccer name for Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

Well this is a good place to come up with some terms.
Once again...SCSoccer.com on the bleeding edge
"Sunrise Pitch"
"Sunrise B*tch"
"morning after strike"
"pitch ponder"
"day after ball mull"
"referee reflection"
"referee dissection"
"dawn dribble"

Well...I'm tapped out. Any others?

Last edited by HeTakesPictures; 07/01/09 12:18 PM.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
Big Daddy #124704 07/01/09 01:06 PM
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

I'm sure you're right. Why we didn't counter more often is beyond me. Brasil pushed up so hard.....space is behind the backs. Donovan's goal was a thing of beauty....

Big D, you answered you own question in your innitial post ... one has to actually have possession of the ball in order to counter attack!

RECCOS #124705 07/01/09 04:54 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Two different issues in my mind. One comes from winning possession.....and in my initial post I stated I felt this was a glaring weakness, particularly in the air.

The second has to do with decisons made with the ball when you have possession, particularly in the second half when Brasil had so much pressure on us. My criticism of the lack of countering and use of space behind the Brasil backs has more to do with the latter. Looked to me like we tried to build....when maybe we should have been more direct.

Monday morning quarterbacking/center midding.......

Big Daddy #124706 07/02/09 02:12 AM
corner kick
corner kick
I also noticed in the second half that every time we tried to build up, Brasil had 2 and 3 men on our guys, but whenever Brasil counter attacked on us, we gave them the entire flank and often didn't directly pressure until the 18. Our goals were based off of sharp, quick attacks that were very direct. The whole second half, we played around with the ball, passing in the middle, passing back, etc. and it let the Brasilian team get back and apply good, hard pressure.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
world cup
world cup
Earlier this evening, USMNT coach Bob Bradley was a guest on Charlie Stillitano & Giorgio Chinaglia's soccer show on Sirius Radio. He didn't take calls from listeners but he patiently answered Stillitano's softball questions. (I think Charlie is Michael Bradley's godfather).

Bradley goes out of his way not to praise his son, and he said all of the midfielders who played did a fine job. I think we would all admit that the coach's kid would have really helped in the final. Not only would he have provided fresh legs, but he's probably one of the top four players on the team right now.

Regarding why he didn't go straight to a 4-5-1 after yielding the first goal at the start of the second half, Bradley mentioned that he thought the presence of two forwards would keep the Brasilian back line honest. He also stressed that he would not go into addressing personnel issues, but made vague reference that some players were perhaps not fit, not in form or not up to the task (bench was thin).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

I also noticed in the second half that every time we tried to build up, Brasil had 2 and 3 men on our guys, but whenever Brasil counter attacked on us, we gave them the entire flank and often didn't directly pressure until the 18. Our goals were based off of sharp, quick attacks that were very direct. The whole second half, we played around with the ball, passing in the middle, passing back, etc. and it let the Brasilian team get back and apply good, hard pressure.

Exactly!!! Far more succinct than me.....

Hurst66 #124709 07/02/09 10:55 AM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Earlier this evening, USMNT coach Bob Bradley was a guest on Charlie Stillitano & Giorgio Chinaglia's soccer show on Sirius Radio. He didn't take calls from listeners but he patiently answered Stillitano's softball questions. (I think Charlie is Michael Bradley's godfather).

Bradley goes out of his way not to praise his son, and he said all of the midfielders who played did a fine job. I think we would all admit that the coach's kid would have really helped in the final. Not only would he have provided fresh legs, but he's probably one of the top four players on the team right now.

Regarding why he didn't go straight to a 4-5-1 after yielding the first goal at the start of the second half, Bradley mentioned that he thought the presence of two forwards would keep the Brasilian back line honest. He also stressed that he would not go into addressing personnel issues, but made vague reference that some players were perhaps not fit, not in form or not up to the task (bench was thin).

Hurst....awesome avatar!!!!!

Big Daddy #124710 07/02/09 01:15 PM
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Hurst....awesome avatar!!!!!

Somewhere in Aiken......Victor Tice is smiling.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard