G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Any word?

bench
bench
1993's and 94's left this morning....Ladies have arrived are currently unpacking...

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
I heard that there were 92's and 95's that made the region pool team.

L
Goal
Goal
L
any update on sc girls that were hold overs?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
According to the SCYSA website, there are no "holdovers" for 92 and 95 girls. Were there any SC girls chosen for the Region pool? Do all the ages that go to Region Camp have a Region pool selected?

world cup
world cup
Didn't the SC girls just arrive yesterday? Doubt they announced any holdovers yet.

Any updates on game scores?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I think 92s and 95s camp is already over and I don't think they did "holdovers". Just wondering if anyone from SC was chosen for region pool or maybe there wasn't a region pool chosen. I don't know.

P
kick off
kick off
P
92 Ana Sigman and 95 Tahirah Nehsmith are the holdovers from SC.

P
kick off
kick off
P
If you want to see the lists look under region3 odp

world cup
world cup
Any updates on 93's and 94's?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
bench
bench
M
The SC 94's beat N Texas in today's game. N Texas
was up 2-0 at half and SC came back and tied.
SC won in PK's.

world cup
world cup
Tremendous result.
Good for the 94's!

I heard that the Mississippi 93's borrowed the SC 93 goalkeeper for their match against South Carolina. MS 93's won on PK's with the SC girl between the pipes.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Mary...don't you mean CESA93P beat South texas?

Last edited by MPSC#1; 07/13/09 12:24 AM.
P
kick off
kick off
P
No, she does not. There are 4 93 CESA girls on the team. Anything else to say? There are 94 CESA girls, Bridge, Columbia United, and ... hmmmmmmmmm I do not believe any from MPSC this year. Maybe next year!

M
bench
bench
M
Thanks PTG...MPSC#1 why so snippy? If you don't
have anything nice to say, then please don't
say anything at all. I was only giving a
report that I received from my daughter...(who
happens not to be a CESA player), and next time I'll just keep it to myself. Go South Carolina!

bench
bench
This mornings 8 AM game for 93's vs Louisiana canceled due to rain..game now rescheduled for 4pm.

Last edited by soccermomX2; 07/13/09 04:17 PM.
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Tremendous result.
Good for the 94's!

I heard that the Mississippi 93's borrowed the SC 93 goalkeeper for their match against South Carolina. MS 93's won on PK's with the SC girl between the pipes.

'93 Mississippi beat South Texas on PK's with one of the three '93 SC goalkeepers between the pipes.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 07/13/09 06:48 PM.
L
Goal
Goal
L
where is the alex ramsey and did she do opd this year? she's a talent that (i think) has made the pool in the past.

S
goal
goal
S
letmeput:
Alex was there along with Taylor Parker another past pool selection in the 92 age group. Alex has been held over the past three years. Alex is a very talented player who LSU head coach Brain Lee committed to for 2010. Taylor Parker will be playing for Kentucky in 2010. USC (gamecocks) tried getting Alex to committ but she chose LSU over USC after everyone thought she was going to be a gamecock including USC coaches. Guess who the head coaches for the 92's were this year? As long as politics continue to be a part of SC ODP they will have zero credibility with local clubs and coaches. BTW Alex was on the B team this year, 92 girls ODP was a total joke this year. Just my thoughts.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

letmeput:
Alex was there along with Taylor Parker another past pool selection in the 92 age group. Alex has been held over the past three years. Alex is a very talented player who LSU head coach Brain Lee committed to for 2010. Taylor Parker will be playing for Kentucky in 2010. USC (gamecocks) tried getting Alex to committ but she chose LSU over USC after everyone thought she was going to be a gamecock including USC coaches. Guess who the head coaches for the 92's were this year? As long as politics continue to be a part of SC ODP they will have zero credibility with local clubs and coaches. BTW Alex was on the B team this year, 92 girls ODP was a total joke this year. Just my thoughts.

wow!!

D
Goal
Goal
D
'94 SC 2 Tenn 3
'93 SC 1 Louisiana 1

didn't see '94 game. '93's dominated shots, corners, possesion just couldn't get it on frame. close to frame but not quite. looked much more poised than first game. given today's improvement can't wait to see tomorrow's game.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

letmeput:

I'm sure Sigman and Nehsmith have a different perspective.

S
goal
goal
S
Congrats to all SC players who were selected, Im just pointing out the BS that is the selection process.

L
Goal
Goal
L
what clubs/teams do sigman and nehsmith play for? congrats to both for being selected!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

what clubs/teams do sigman and nehsmith play for? congrats to both for being selected!

Bridge U18 Challenge and CESA 94 Premier

F
throw in
throw in
F
Quote:

letmeput:
92 girls ODP was a total joke this year. Just my thoughts.

The ’92 girl’s ODP camp was a joke. The pooling of players appeared to be done by Quija board, with a rock, paper, scissor tie breaker. Then, the next day a quick game of Go Fish to reshuffle the players based on 1-2 minute observations while talking on a cell phone. Unfortunately, the Go Fish game was also played with marked cards. The training was sub par. Well, sub par for U-10 players. They actually played duck, duck, goose and handball soccer. You don’t expect that at U-17/18 ODP but maybe I’m not on the cutting edge of the newest elite training techniques. It was probably a mistake for most of the players to attend (and definitely for mine), though obviously not for the SC ’92 pool player-congrats to her!

corner kick
corner kick
94 Girls beat AL this morning 3-0.

Tomorrow...is too late.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Nesmith played 2.5 years with Bridge 94. Trasfered to CESA in January. First Touch and Sweet Feet....I totally agree with you after watching the ODP process for the last couple of days.

D
Goal
Goal
D
'93 SC 3-1 over '93 Tennessee

Quote:

Well, sub par for U-10 players. They actually played duck, duck, goose and handball soccer. You don’t expect that at U-17/18 ODP but maybe I’m not on the cutting edge of the newest elite training techniques.

I recall watching the Maryland men's team train for 45 mins. playing handball soccer one day before playing Clemson. After your daughter's team finished their session and you asked the coach the object of the session, what was his/her response?

throw in
throw in
Let me begin by saying congrats to Ana! It is always good to see someone from SC to be named to the pool or team.

I would have to agree with you. I have always supported the ODP program, but this summer the political monster raised its ugly head. It did not hurt to have attended the summer camps of some of those in charge. In addition to your observations, another that I want to add is that a certain college coach who happened to be working with the 95's stepped in and a '92 that had verbally committed to that college was suddenly added to the pool. The training of the "Scramble" teams initially was a joke. After the initial pools were named, those that were not selected to then be subjected to Duck, Duck, Goose and Steal the Bacon was humiliating! Obviously, concerns were raised and things changed. I really felt with the change in coaching leadership, there would be positive changes in the format and direction. It is unfortunate for the 92's that their ODP experience ended the way it did.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

letmeput:
92 girls ODP was a total joke this year. Just my thoughts.

The ’92 girl’s ODP camp was a joke. The pooling of players appeared to be done by Quija board, with a rock, paper, scissor tie breaker. Then, the next day a quick game of Go Fish to reshuffle the players based on 1-2 minute observations while talking on a cell phone. Unfortunately, the Go Fish game was also played with marked cards. The training was sub par. Well, sub par for U-10 players. They actually played duck, duck, goose and handball soccer. You don’t expect that at U-17/18 ODP but maybe I’m not on the cutting edge of the newest elite training techniques. It was probably a mistake for most of the players to attend (and definitely for mine), though obviously not for the SC ’92 pool player-congrats to her!

Was this a SC ODP coach? Or a R3 coach?

F
throw in
throw in
F
Training was done by R3 coaches after the intial state games. This was in no way a reflection on the SC ODP staff

H
kick off
kick off
H
I have heard so many negative things from many different players and parents about SC ODP this year. I think it has been going on for a while.It is a political mess.I have heard many say this is the last year they will spend the money for such a poorly organiized mess.More and more girls do not tryout because they feel it is not a fair tryout or selection. There are too many other good things going on in the girls soccer arena to spend the money on this.Maybe we should all boycott ODP and see what changes.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Is duck, duck, goose a way of saying the traing was just bad, or did they actually play D,D,G?

F
throw in
throw in
F
They actually played duck, duck goose

H
kick off
kick off
H
WOW!! What a developmental camp program for a small fee of only $750.00.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Sorry to hear the 92s camp was a dissatisfactory experience for some. The reports did not sound good at all.

Anyone have reports from the 93s and 94s camp that ended today? Was it a good experience? Any SC players chosen for Region Pool?

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
I heard the 94 girls qualified for the regional championship. Does anyone know if that is accurate? How about the 93's.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
With the win over South Texas the 94's advance to the regional championship...don't think that the 93 advanced.

Last edited by Bonz; 07/17/09 05:34 PM.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Quote:

Tremendous result.
Good for the 94's!

I believe that she is from your neck of the woods...She plays for Charlotte United under Vic.

Last edited by Bonz; 07/17/09 06:04 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Nation Ford's Ellen Bright? Sounds like good stuff

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
You guess it. My daughter plays with her under US Club. She is very good. And her twin sister!!!

C
goal
goal
C

I am not sure about the "political mess" in the SC ODP selection. I think limited tryouts always make it hard to pick the best. First impressions are everything with the SC ODP selection. If you have a bad first impression then you are in trouble and if you have a good first impression then you can almost do no wrong. But that is life and why it is so important to have a great first impression. I also find that when a player doesn't make the team then it wasn't the player's fault but it has to be a conspiracy against that child by the ODP staff.

But in the region pool it is completely different. Unless you are just dominate then finding the better players during region camp is almost impossible in a few days. They really need an entire summer to find the best players. A lot of the players picked are based on their regional play. And if you get no region play then you don't stand a chance, sorry. If you are on a bad team in region play then it could be worse for you, again unless you just dominate on the team. Region players are selected by word of mouth between the coaches and a lot of the time those coaches saw those players during region play, so in a week they will focus in on those players to concentrate their efforts. I do not blame them, because they have hundreds of girls to scout and only a few days to figure it out. And to be honest we don't help our cause when we don't have our absolute best players tryout for ODP. So if the team doesn't have SCs best at every position then why should a region coach waste their valuable time scouting our teams. In the 4 years that my daughter played ODP, we where able to field a very good SC team, except in goal keeper and outside backs. We could not get a goal keeper to save our lives. And 2 of our 4 backs where not the best in the state or injuries would set in and we would have to pull a great player in position to be a good player in another position because we had limited subs. And do you know why we had limited sub? Because if a parent thought their child was going to be a sub then they pulled the player from program just before the payment deadline. I have no doubt that if we had been able to get a team that had all of our best players for that age group, including subs, then we would have had a few players held over from that team. Instead we had zero every year because the team as a whole struggled against the larger states, but still managed to beat a lot of the smaller states.

Here I go again!
T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
The below is an e-mail from Mary Bynum. Congratulations to all involved.

Congratulations!

The 1994 SC ODP State Team qualified at Region Camp for the ODP Regional Championship games January 14 – 18, 2010. Both the 1994 Boys and Girls qualified and both teams will travel in January to the games. The venue has not been voted on by the State Presidents yet. As information comes in, I will get it to you. All players on the current 2009 roster are eligible to play in this event. This is the third year for the Regional Championship games. (In years past, the teams qualified at Region Camp and went directly to the National Championship.) And, it will be South Carolina’s third year of qualifying teams. It has been a great event for our SC players and I look forward to joining you in January for these games! The winners go on to the National ODP Championship in March 2010.

C
goal
goal
C

That's great news. This will help in Region coaches looking SC teams during camp.

Here I go again!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard