Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Goal
Goal
D
'94 SC 2 Tenn 3
'93 SC 1 Louisiana 1

didn't see '94 game. '93's dominated shots, corners, possesion just couldn't get it on frame. close to frame but not quite. looked much more poised than first game. given today's improvement can't wait to see tomorrow's game.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

letmeput:
Alex was there along with Taylor Parker another past pool selection in the 92 age group. Alex has been held over the past three years. Alex is a very talented player who LSU head coach Brain Lee committed to for 2010. Taylor Parker will be playing for Kentucky in 2010. USC (gamecocks) tried getting Alex to committ but she chose LSU over USC after everyone thought she was going to be a gamecock including USC coaches. Guess who the head coaches for the 92's were this year? As long as politics continue to be a part of SC ODP they will have zero credibility with local clubs and coaches. BTW Alex was on the B team this year, 92 girls ODP was a total joke this year. Just my thoughts.

I'm sure Sigman and Nehsmith have a different perspective.

S
goal
goal
S
Congrats to all SC players who were selected, Im just pointing out the BS that is the selection process.

L
Goal
Goal
L
what clubs/teams do sigman and nehsmith play for? congrats to both for being selected!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

what clubs/teams do sigman and nehsmith play for? congrats to both for being selected!

Bridge U18 Challenge and CESA 94 Premier

F
throw in
throw in
F
Quote:

letmeput:
92 girls ODP was a total joke this year. Just my thoughts.

The ’92 girl’s ODP camp was a joke. The pooling of players appeared to be done by Quija board, with a rock, paper, scissor tie breaker. Then, the next day a quick game of Go Fish to reshuffle the players based on 1-2 minute observations while talking on a cell phone. Unfortunately, the Go Fish game was also played with marked cards. The training was sub par. Well, sub par for U-10 players. They actually played duck, duck, goose and handball soccer. You don’t expect that at U-17/18 ODP but maybe I’m not on the cutting edge of the newest elite training techniques. It was probably a mistake for most of the players to attend (and definitely for mine), though obviously not for the SC ’92 pool player-congrats to her!

corner kick
corner kick
94 Girls beat AL this morning 3-0.

Tomorrow...is too late.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Nesmith played 2.5 years with Bridge 94. Trasfered to CESA in January. First Touch and Sweet Feet....I totally agree with you after watching the ODP process for the last couple of days.

D
Goal
Goal
D
'93 SC 3-1 over '93 Tennessee

Quote:

Well, sub par for U-10 players. They actually played duck, duck, goose and handball soccer. You don’t expect that at U-17/18 ODP but maybe I’m not on the cutting edge of the newest elite training techniques.

I recall watching the Maryland men's team train for 45 mins. playing handball soccer one day before playing Clemson. After your daughter's team finished their session and you asked the coach the object of the session, what was his/her response?

throw in
throw in
Let me begin by saying congrats to Ana! It is always good to see someone from SC to be named to the pool or team.

I would have to agree with you. I have always supported the ODP program, but this summer the political monster raised its ugly head. It did not hurt to have attended the summer camps of some of those in charge. In addition to your observations, another that I want to add is that a certain college coach who happened to be working with the 95's stepped in and a '92 that had verbally committed to that college was suddenly added to the pool. The training of the "Scramble" teams initially was a joke. After the initial pools were named, those that were not selected to then be subjected to Duck, Duck, Goose and Steal the Bacon was humiliating! Obviously, concerns were raised and things changed. I really felt with the change in coaching leadership, there would be positive changes in the format and direction. It is unfortunate for the 92's that their ODP experience ended the way it did.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard