Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
kick off
kick off
D
True, but that ranking has not been updated. I just looked on the SCSU website and they are 6-4 and have beaten USC Upstate, Charleston Southern, Wofford and Winthorp in South Carolina.

A
bench
bench
A
yes you are correct. I did not notice the date. But they are not going to jump that much with the weak schedule they play. I see winthrop is 3-5. Do they have off field problems, coach problem. They should win some games with their schedule.

Goal
Goal
Heinz has done a poor job of recruiting/attracting in-state talent. She should also be able to pull a decent amount of talent out of Charlotte area.

Victory Starts Here!
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
sc state is definitely no push over-the new coach is recruiting hard and making that program a winner. He was successful at belmont abbey and it seems the girl's are buying into his program. For winthrop, i am shocked heinz is not gone-she has never contended for anything in the big south, except one year. There were lots of stories about the problems with the girl's and the coach-look on their college forum, plenty of winthrop people talk about the sports programs up there...and last year there was lots of talk that heinz was not good with the girl's, the girl's did not like her, she held out seniors on senior night...they need a coach to coach that team, she should be able to recruit quailty players...winthrop should be contenders in the big south and not in the dumps!

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
SC State womens soccer coach Glad Bugariu has done a tremendous job on and off the field. He has only two South Carolina players on the roster. What is most amazing, he recruits California players - which is very hard to do with the options they have on the west coast. Coach Bugariu future looks bright and I would assume he will not be at SC State very long.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
Regarding the coach at SC STATE, I don't know if he will jump ship too soon-he gets paid quite well at the school for coaching and to be honest not many other public university coaching stints will pay as well as he as a first year coach at the school. It is public viewing b.c it is a public university-i won't say how much it is but it is a large sum for women's soccer for a first year coach (not his first year ever coaching) at a school...so he may stick around and build the program unless he hates orangeburg and something really pops up!!! A friend of mine who works at STATE said he recruits juco players and such which has helped-but anyway you get them he is doing a great job and the team is not a pushover anymore like past years when you were guaranteed to win!!

Goal
Goal
keepersd2002 -- You got me thinking with the salary information. Here's what I dug up:

MEN
Clemson -- Phil Hindson, N/A
Coastal Carolina -- Shaun Docking, $67,043
College of Charleston -- Ralph Lundy, $81,027
Francis Marion -- Kevin Varndao, N/A
USC -- Mark Berson, $91,500
USC Upstate -- Greg Hooks, $50,500
Winthrop -- Rich Posipanko, $59,137

WOMEN
The Citadel -- Bob Winch, N/A
Clemson -- Hershey Strosberg, $75,750
Coastal Carolina -- Rohan Naraine, N/A
College of Charleston -- Kevin Denson, N/A
Francis Marion -- Joel Person, N/A
S.C. State -- Glad Bugariu, $50,500
USC -- Shelley Smith, $86,520
USC Upstate -- Kendall Reyes, N/A
Winthrop -- Melissa Heinz, N/A

Victory Starts Here!
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
if the salaries are not available, then they are not getting paid $50,000 or more...salaries for the public to see are those $50,000 or more..

H
kick off
kick off
H
Is Coach Heinz in trouble if they don't qualify for the Big South tournament this year?

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
If you ask any associated with that program, past or present they will all tell you she should have been gone years ago. AD either doesn't care or doesn't have the .... to do it. This program is a gold mine for waiting to explode for someone who knows what they are doing. I see where they are in the bottom 25-30 teams in the nation. This is embrassing for a good academic and athletic school like Winthrop.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard