Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
SCYSA is being sued by US Club Soccer, AYSO and Coast FA for practices that are contrary to USSF guidelines. Other state soccer associations are also being sued as well as USYSA.
The complainants are only asking the respondents to cease and desist all discrimantory practices and meet the USSF requirements

http://www.usclubsoccer.org/Files/US%20C...gust%202009.pdf

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Anyone care to fill me in? What are the "discriminatory practices' in question?

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
go to the link... around page 4 you will see the issues in question

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Does anyone else get an uneasy, sort of sick feeling when adults start suing each other over youth sports?

Guarantee that everyone of them.....will say its all about the kids.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
I read through about 30 pages of this. SCYSA grievances are listed beginning on page 24. Note, this is a 208 page document which includes all the exhibits used.

From what I read the complaints are USYSA and affiliates grieving the requirements for non-USYSA organizations purchase additional insurance and not allowing the USYSA affiliates to use their player/rosters to participate in other sanctioned tournaments. Not being a lawyer I'm sure there is much more that I didn't understand as well as being unable to communicate this more eloquently.

corner kick
corner kick
I glossed over the SCYSA complaints and you pretty much understood it, dhunter. The main complaints were that SCYSA insurance does not apply to any non-affiliated organization, that a fee of $50 must be paid by any non-affiliate intending to participate in a "sanctioned" SCYSA tournament, and that SCYSA teams are "sanctioned" or allowed to play in unrestricted or unaffiliated tournaments or to travel to play non-affiliated clubs.

Basically, it looks like SCYSA enacted a bunch of rules to try to keep their players in SCYSA and away from joining additional teams or switching organizations. Instead of being allowed to play teams from any organization and playing in any tournament, everything is funneled exclusively towards SCYSA/USYSA related events.

It seems that AYSO, US Club Soccer, and the other named organizations want there to be a relaxed flow of play amongst the varied units so that a Club Soccer team can play in USYSA tournaments or against teams outside of their own sanctioned Club league seasons without their incurring some sort of obscure fiscal penalty.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
B
goal
goal
B
The leadership of Coast FA has been beating this drum for many years, even trying to rally for the cause. It's kind of strange since they are members of both, and dual roster their players, so this really shouldn't be an issue for them. It became an issue for them when they tried to get others on board for a league sanctioned under US Club for younger teams, to include an alternate state cup. This league had fees associated with it. It didn't take off as they had hoped because there were other teams/clubs that didn't want to dual roster players to be able to have the insurance coverage, since they would be participating in unaffiliated play.

This has always been about the insurance. The $50 per non USYS sanctioned team for participation in a USYS sanctioned tournament ensured insurance coverage for that team. That $50 per team was paid to SCYSA. Different clubs have approached this different ways. Some adjusted the entry fee and paid the SCYSA out of total receipts from the tournament, rather than pass that additional fee directly to the "unaffiliated" team that wanted to participate. Other clubs, as noted in the exhibits have chosen to directly charge that team directly.

In the end, follow the money, and you'll see why adults are suing. I agree with BigDaddy, each one of them will say it's about increasing the development of the players.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Seems interesting that Coast FA had two members of their administration who were suspended last spring. I don't think there is any love lost between them and SCYSA.

It's not about the insurance, it may be the excuse they are using, but that's not why they did it. They want to use players whenever and wherever they can. Any players. It doesn't matter what club or what age or where they come from, they want to throw teams together all the time, no matter if it is by the rules or not. SCYSA requires rules.

And you know that the admin of US Club soccer is located in Myrtle Beach, and I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure that some of their kids play for Coast FA.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
HHS1976, most likely there is some underlying reason other than insurance. From what I have read, tournaments require a $50 fee for non-USYSA affiliates. Is that really a deal buster? That would cost the average family $3 - $5 per team. It does seem kind of silly doesn't it.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

everyone of them.....will say its all about the kids.

Here's as radical idea....If it's really all about the kids and being able to play, why not have the leagues we play in (PMSL, SCSCL, etc) be multi-affiliated leagues (i.e. sanctioned by SCYSA, US Club, etc) so that everyone can play? The memberships will naturaly gravitate to the organizations that truly serve the needs of the kids and the parents the best.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard