Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
O15... i have to basically agree with you...in fact if I read the complaint correctly AND the complaint's exhibits are correct, it would seem that was the intent of USSF.
Since the children are squabbling it may be time for daddy USSF to step in and say enough, create one entity with multiple levels. This would be in essence to USSF's benefit and their goal of funneling the right players to the higher levels and fit the academy process better. In fact it should even create promotion and relegation for all levels and essentially creating a profesional atmosphere.

But if you follow the money... it will not happen.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Looking at the complaint and the names of the individuals who are filing it, it's all about money.

H
bench
bench
H
Been Around,

Explain how it is about money? Who is going to gain money if the USSF finds in favor of AYSO and US Club Soccer.

It seems that clubs will save money because they won't have to pay $50 to go to a tournament and buy insurance they already have. That $50 won't go to US Club or AYSO.

H
bench
bench
H
It is about freedom of play within/among USSF affiliates. USYSA has the ability to choose who is "sanctioned and unsanctioned" play when it comes to insurance. They choose only USYSA teams to be sanctioned.

Each State Association has its own individual insurance policy with differing limits and "bought" from different companies. With 55 State Associations and 55 different policies why do they say US Club and AYSO are "unsanctioned" they would only raise it to 57 different policies. Also USSF bylaws state that you may not charge more than $25 for an additional policy and SCYSA charges $50. It is only a few dollars difference but... still not within the rules.

C
goal
goal
C
This has nothing to do with the money but it is the only stick US Club has to beat USYSA with. USYSA and state Associations spend a lot of time developing coaches, leagues and refrees, US Club wants to poach off those resources without paying for any of it. There is huge fights at the USSF level because USSF has not had the balls to stand up to the member groups and keep them from poaching from themselves. USSF deserves this, and more. I am not sure why they ever thought it was a good idea to allow multiple youth goods that would compete against each other with zero ground rules. For example SCYSA spends a lot of time helping in the training and the organzation of the the refress. I realize that Refs report directly to USSF and are reponisible for thier own training but SCYSA helps because it is in their best interest and SCYSA trys to keep clubs from playing tournaments on top of each other so that we have refs for everything on a weekend but US Club can have their own tournaments and games without regard to the SCYSA schedule. We have also seen some very bad coaches kicked out or suspended from SCYSA and go to US Club. And these are coaches that should never coach again but US Club and SCYSA do not communicate about suspensions or people being expelled.

My point is that this has nothing to do with money or anything in the lawsuit. There is some very bitter feelings and neither side with admit in public to any of it...

Here I go again!
Goal
Goal
Anybody wondering if this lawsuit has anything to do with Steve Cothran's stepping down in mid-season a week ago or so?

C
goal
goal
C

I would doubt it. It probably had more to do with Steve's job being completely thankless, he worked harder that anyone on the board, he brought in most of the money for the board and was abused the most by clubs, coaches and parents.

The job Steve did should have been a paid job from the board, because you need someone working 40 hours a week to keeps things somewhat happy. Steve is a very nice and only ever want to do right to the majority of the people. Unless they find someone that is not working and has all the time in the world, then things will be very bad at the end of this season and the start of next.

Here I go again!
C
goal
goal
C
Wow! I just saw that Barry was not re-elected and Michelle Jenkins is now the VP. That breaks up one of the married couples. Jill Simmons is now the Coastal person. That breaks up the second married couple. Now they just need to break up the last remaining married couple. I took a lot of heat for supporting a rule that would keep voting members from being related to each other. They rarely voted against each other so their votes where always counted as double, which I felt was a problem and so did several clubs.

Here I go again!
L
Goal
Goal
L
it's time for fred to move on. he's been on the board too long.

many seem to be jockeying for a regional or national gig with usys and using scysa as a spring board.

did barry land a regional gig?

mary does a good job w/odp. steve will be missed.

I
goal
goal
I
Mary does a good job with ODP, my little one went through for one year, only positive things to say about Mary.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard