Spartanburg Methodist, 1-2-0
USC-Salkehatchie, 0-2-0
USC-Sumter, N/A
USC-Lancaster, N/A

H
kick off
kick off
H
Another tough weekend for the CCU women. Wasn't expecting them to beat W&M (0-3) and George Mason (1-8) out of the CAA but wasn't expecting them to be totally outplayed like they were. They were outshot 27-2 and 26-2 with only 1 shot in the first half in both games. The good news is Morgan Thomas (CESA) scored her first collegiate goal. To me the issue remains a soft central midfield and os mids that are expected to be to defensive. So deep they have no chance to get forward and get in the attack. Ball gets cleared out of the back and it comes right back. They seem to be pretty athletic with okay speed, except the forwards (go figure). I can only believe since they lost so much scoring from last year the coach expects to tie 0-0. Things should get easier for them in the Big South but right now it is just bad soccer.....I mean kickball. The 6-7 young kids seem to bring a higher energy level. At least they are getting a chance to play.

C
goal
goal
C
Talon

You forgot Charleston Southern, I only mention because they beat our tail but of course everyone is doing that. USC Upstate has some talent but they all hate the coach, the school turns over 80-90 percent of the rooster every year and it is not because of new talent coming into the program. It is also not bench players leaving the program. It is very sad to watch and I doubt USC Upstate will win a game this year....

Here I go again!
H
kick off
kick off
H
Chapindad

Don't worry Coastal is coming to town Monday. Actually should have beat Citadel last night but it is Women's soccer. Citadel played hard the full 90 with a bench of 3. IMO same issue for CCU the MF. Played the same 3 kids that lack physical toughness, can't distribute a ball on the ground, etc. This has been the only constant all year. 13-1 corner advantage an I believe they only generated one legit SOG. 19-7 in shots but not many generated from the run of play. A few longer range shots, one off the bar. Having followed them for several years I believe the coach and the Jr/Sr's have been riding the coat tails of last years graduating class. Sadly I don't expect any changes as they get ready for East Carolina on Friday. The coach will think they should have won so all is fine.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Another CCU note,

Was told that the "Volunteer" assistant quit last night. Would not normally post this but was told by 2 players directly that he addressed them. Maybe after a tough loss cooler heads will prevail. The girls say they really like him and he understands the game. He works with the GK's. Older guy from England who loves Liverpool. You know the type. May not be familiar coaching young ladies but knows how the game s/b played. That would leave one coach for a roster of 35?!

L
Goal
Goal
L
would not a coaching change be in order for ccu and usc-u at season end? and wow 35 players on a roster! who would want to sign-on to play at ccu if the coach has 35 players on his roster?

C
goal
goal
C
Quote:

would not a coaching change be in order for ccu and usc-u at season end? and wow 35 players on a roster! who would want to sign-on to play at ccu if the coach has 35 players on his roster?

It seems that you are right. The coach let the players know that he has been informed that USC Upstate will not be renewing his contract after the season.

35 players, WOW! We are lucky to end the season each year with 11. We are already down to 14 players and will probably be down to 6 for the spring workout. It is critical to retain players. Spring ball does you no good if you don't have a team to train.

Here I go again!
C
goal
goal
C
Charleston Southern is 5-2-0

BTW, SC State is playing very well for this being only their second season ever. Last year they where very bad and is what you expected but they have rebounded very well. They now are 3-4, with the loses to some good teams that they could have won.

Good coaching in Women's soccer is still the most important key to a successful program.

Here I go again!
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
SC State has had a team for several years, this is not their 2nd year for a program; it is the 2nd year they have had a real coach or someone who is recruiting for them. I was at CCU and we played them in 2004.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
i know rohan, and he works hard in recruiting; the girl's make the choice to attend ccu knowing the numbers. he has always recruited large numbers...it is unfortunate that ccu is not doing well, but what matters is the conference, conference tourney, and making it to the ncaa. They still have a chance for that and maybe they will click then. I don't know if ccu would change coaches, as he has had successful years since being the head coach until this year...usc upstate-he has struggled year to year from what i have seen, and if they are going D1, it will continue!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard