Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
The #11-ranked South Carolina women's soccer team is off to a great start this season, and begins its SEC schedule this weekend with games against Vanderbilt and Kentucky. The Gamecocks (8-0-0) are undefeated through non-conference play, and have outscored their opponents 27-1. South Carolina also has the nation's second-ranked defense and 15th-ranked offense. The #11 ranking is the highest the Gamecocks have been in the polls since early September 2007.

Friday's game against Vanderbilt is set for 7pm, and as part of International Night at Stone Stadium, fans are encouraged to wear international soccer jerseys in support of the University's large international student representation. The game will be a Nationally televised game and we hope to show that South Carolina has the best fan base in the country.

Sunday the Gamecocks host Kentucky in a 1:30pm match. The first 250 fans in attendance will receive a free Carolina drawstring backpack.

As always, youth soccer teams are encouraged to attend and take advantage of our group rate discount - tickets are $1 each for groups of 15 or more.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
COLUMBIA, S.C. - No. 11 South Carolina opens its SEC schedule with a televised home match against Vanderbilt Friday night at 7 p.m. The Gamecocks (8-0-0) and Commodores (6-1-1) will both attempt to jump to the top of the SEC in the match that will be broadcast live by Fox Sports South. Andy Demetra will be the play-by-play broadcaster for the match, and Katie Witham will provide color commentary.

The Gamecocks will then return to the pitch Sunday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. compete against the Kentucky Wildcats (3-2-3). The game is different from the normal Sunday afternoon starting time of 2 p.m.

Live video can be found at GamecocksOnline.com for Sunday's match. There will be no video webcast for Friday's match due to the game being televised (Time Warner Cable Ch. 31). There will be an audio broadcast, however.

Brace
Brace

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
USC 1:0 Kentucky ... Gamecocks improve to 10-0-0!

L
Goal
Goal
L
should have a been 2-0........linesman didn't make a call on a ball that hit the elbow support (inside the goal)and kicked out hitting the ky keeper on the way out.

you would think that usc would have the type goals that only had the posts/cross bar.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

should have a been 2-0........linesman didn't make a call on a ball that hit the elbow support (inside the goal)and kicked out hitting the ky keeper on the way out.

you would think that usc would have the type goals that only had the posts/cross bar.

I agree. That was a goal! I was also surprised that the goals at Stone Stadium still have the upper corner brackets.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I was also surprised that the goals at Stone Stadium still have the upper corner brackets.

We commented on that yesterday as well, but the goals at Stone are new this year, as the past several seasons they have had the flat goals with the net support poles in the back.

Goal
Goal
Hey....I'm a picture kind of guy :-)
Does anyone have a picture of a goal with the "elbow support" you are talking about?
I don't have a good idea what you are talking about.
Is it on the sidebar? Surely if it was on the backbar, it would not have been called a goal.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
World Cup
World Cup
Check out the 30 second mark of the video on USC women's soccer.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/w-soccer/scar-w-soccer-body-main.html

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I was also surprised that the goals at Stone Stadium still have the upper corner brackets.

We commented on that yesterday as well, but the goals at Stone are new this year, as the past several seasons they have had the flat goals with the net support poles in the back.

I probably could have worded it better. What I meant was that I was surprised to see that old style of goals at Stone Stadium instead of the ones with the external net supports that you see more commonly these days at high level competitions.

Link Copied to Clipboard