Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I
goal
goal
I
Everything you guys said put these folks down, C team, homespun teams etc... They won, everyone accept it, as is.

No Qualifications.

world cup
world cup
How do we get to the point where all teams that want to participate in a State Cup, can participate?

North Carolina has play-in games for the bottom seeds and also allows their Classic level teams to choose which State Cup they can play in.

In this respect, North Carolina is closer to AYSO than South Carolina. Everyone plays!

Why do we deny teams the opportunity?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Well...on the girls side, Lexington ran their teams. They only had 2 teams in and both won. As far as the boys go, CRSA has the most success with a winner in Div. 1 and a finalist.

Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Hurst...I don't think all the teams wanted to participate. If you lost every match in regular season, would you want to go to state cup?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

How do we get to the point where all teams that want to participate in a State Cup, can participate?...

...Why do we deny teams the opportunity?

Who was denied the opportunity?

Teams who participate in any SCYSA sanctioned league, except SCSCL or R3PL, have up to 3 choices in regards to the President's Medal Cup:
1. They can choose not to play in the President's Medal Cup,
2. they can choose to play in the Classic I Division, or
3. they can choose to play in the Classic II Division (if enough teams enter).

The Challenge Cup play-in games start in August with SCSCL and R3PL play. The top eight teams continue play in December with the knock-out rounds. Any SCYSA team can choose to play in the SCSCL which is, in effect, the preliminary round of the Challenge Cup.

world cup
world cup
Coach P,

You are telling me the regular season is the same as the preliminary round of State Cup? Are the NCAA conference basketball tournaments the preliminary round of the Big Dance? So there are really more than 65 teams in the tournament?

In South Carolina, the teams that finish at or near the bottom of the SCSCL in their age division are done. In North Carolina, these teams have two options that don't exist in South Carolina.

1. They can get a play-in game for the right to continue on into group play in the "Challenge Cup".
2. They can declare to enter the "President's Medal Cup".

Note - I have used South Carolina terms to describe the two levels of the North Carolina cups.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
The way SC is set up now, all teams should have the option to play in the "Challenge Cup". Because there is no relegation/promotion, some teams "accidently" put themselves in the wrong division. Why not let any team that wants to compete in the challenge cup play and let the classic teams that don't want to compete in the challenge cup play in the classic cup (if they choose to do so).

Brace
Brace
SC doesn't have that many teams. Teams should be allowed to pay the reg fee for the correct tournament and play if that is their desire.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Hurst66,

I still don't see who you are saying was denied the opportunity to play in the President's Medal Cup.

As far as the Challenge Cup, everyone who chooses to play in the SCSCL has the opportunity to qualify for the round of 8 just like all of the NCAA D1 soccer teams have the opportunity to qualify for the round of 64.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I'm also a proponent of the SCSCL teams that don't make the final 8 being allowed to enter the President's Medal Cup. That would make us more competitive with other states that also allow the lower D1 teams to compete for the D2 championship and the right to represent the state in the Region 3 President's Cup which is classified as a Division 2 regional.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard