Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
world cup
world cup
Coach P,

In other states, a team can challenge themselves by playing in the highest level.....and still have the opportunity to play for a State Cup at the end of their season. This option doesn't exist in South Carolina.

Snicklefritz,

I'm aware of a South Carolina Challenge team that drew with the three top teams in their league/division. Unfortunately, due to injuries, other commitments, the team was not always at full-strength and they didn't win a match all year. They finish outside the top five, three teams come in from R3, and they are not in the top eight and can't compete for ANY State Cup.

Did they put themselves in the wrong division? They drew with the three best teams in the league?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P,
In other states, a team can challenge themselves by playing in the highest level.....and still have the opportunity to play for a State Cup at the end of their season. This option doesn't exist in South Carolina.

As I said: "I'm also a proponent of the SCSCL teams that don't make the final 8 being allowed to enter the President's Medal Cup."

But also remember that with states like NC and GA that have promotion and relegation, teams don't have the choice like in SC to "challenge themselves by playing in the highest level" if they didn't get promoted or stay "up" the previous season.

world cup
world cup
You are correct. Very difficult to move up in North Carolina, there is no margin for error.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

"I'm also a proponent of the SCSCL teams that don't make the final 8 being allowed to enter the President's Medal Cup."

Of course to do this, they would have to change the cup dates and have the President's Medal Cup later or end the SCSCL season earlier. The PMC was last weekend and SCSCL games are still going on.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Hurst,

I propose that any team, Challenge or Classic, be allowed to enter the "challenge" state cup, not exclude them. Then any classic team that chooses not to play "challenge" state cup can still play classic state cup. Add a round to the state cup for the extra teams plus the R3I teams.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Hurst,

I propose that any team, Challenge or Classic, be allowed to enter the "challenge" state cup, not exclude them. Then any classic team that chooses not to play "challenge" state cup can still play classic state cup. Add a round to the state cup for the extra teams plus the R3I teams.

In order to satisfy the USYSA or Region 3, you would probably have to eliminate at least the top 6-8 Challenge level teams from competing for the President's Medal Cup which is what qualifies teams to represent SC in the Region 3 President's Cup which is a Division 2 regional.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
All challenge teams should play in the Challenge cup, and no challenge team should be allowed to play down in the PMSL. But if a PMSL team wants to play up, why not???

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
I agree with Snickle... Teams should not be allowed to play down.

hat-trick
hat-trick
You guys are going to be so inclusive that you will expand the Challenge state cup to the point it will be like Virginia's which, for U15-18, started this year on Sept 19 and ended on Nov 1 being played over 7 different weekends.

Brace
Brace
Coach P,

In Calif, they get it done in three weekends. 1st weekend is 20-30 brackets of 4 teams each. The pool winner and x no. of wildcards that are needed go into a 32 team single elimination bracket. Weekend #2 play until quarter final teams decided. Final week, wk# 3 qtr, semi, and finals played. This is compared to two weekends in SC with only 8 teams in an age bracket. Go figure.

Can't answer why VA takes to long.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard