Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
Quote:

All challenge teams should play in the Challenge cup, and no challenge team should be allowed to play down in the PMSL. But if a PMSL team wants to play up, why not???

Agreed. There are levels of play for a reason.

world cup
world cup
I'll agree that Challenge teams shouldn't "play down".

but.....

If you are not going to let the last place team in the Challenge League play in the Classic State Cup, then you better find a way to include them in the Challenge State Cup.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P,

In Calif, they get it done in three weekends. 1st weekend is 20-30 brackets of 4 teams each. The pool winner and x no. of wildcards that are needed go into a 32 team single elimination bracket. Weekend #2 play until quarter final teams decided. Final week, wk# 3 qtr, semi, and finals played. This is compared to two weekends in SC with only 8 teams in an age bracket. Go figure.

Can't answer why VA takes to long.

That illustrates one thing I really like about the current SC Challenge Cup format: teams do not play more than one game per day.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Homespun? This is a bad thing? Would not everyone like to play at home?At no point did I put down any state champion..If you look at the array of clubs that won this and last year..I would say that soocer is developed through out the whole state..Alot more parity than challenge..

I
goal
goal
I
Agree on the parity, and homespun is not a bad thing... it is actually where we as a state will grow.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
On that note...Congratulations!! To all state cup champions and finalists..Maybe someday Challenge will show the same diversity of talent that Classic play has shown..

O
throw in
throw in
O
And I would like to offer congrads to the little homespun club, the Upstate Soccer Alliance. Two state champions this year - U18 Boys D2 and U18 Girls D1. Well deserved. A lot of these kids have been with the club since the old church days of SMSC. Been a pleasure watching both the kids and the club grow up.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Definite props to the USA U18 girls; they played in the finals like champions should. Positive attitudes, full-on effort, pressuring for every ball, and going all-out for the win...both teams really wanted it, and it was a great, hard-fought match. I had a first-hand view; I was the coach on the other end of the sideline, and I feel no shame in coming in a close second to a team that played as hard and as well as the USA girls did on Sunday.

Here's to two "homespun" teams making the finals--looking forward to a rematch next year!

I've got good news and bad news...
U
goal kick
goal kick
U
Hat's off to Carolina FC and all their volunteers that made this weekend possible. Thanks for a well run tournament!!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Here's to two "homespun" teams making the finals--looking forward to a rematch next year!

A rematch next year for teams that were U18 this year? Are both clubs going to field rare U19 teams? Or do they both have enough U17 players to be basically the same two teams at U18 next year?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard