Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I can tell you for a fact that a few Teams have been notified that 2nd round if the teams make it will be moved to the weekend of the 19th and 20th

My understanding is that only the U17 boys division is being moved to Dec 18-20.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Thank you Coach P That is all that was said was a date change was coming (no specific group or age) PEOPLE ASSUME what they want

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
That is absolute crap... I see there are some games already moved to Dec 1st and 2nd. I agree with whoever said that any one else they would have been taught a lesson and made to pay the consequences.

I will say the opportunity of the showcase is very good for the players in question...BUT... you knew the schedule in advance. Any other club who would attend a NON USYSA tournament would received nasty looks from SCYSA. Why is different for them?.

In fact I would go as far as withdrawing the regional tournamnet for Greenville next year(?). If they do not play by the rules why should anyone else?

If I was an opposing coach I would think that the schedule is the schedule. Maybe my players are not available, have to study for a big test..etc.

This is crap.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
I agree 100%. I feel pretty sure if it was a 6 or 7th seeded team,the schedule would have stayed the same and they would have had to forfeit...but I guess as the saying goes"you get what you tolerate"

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
People are so quick to jump on CESA.

Did you ever consider that perhaps CESA asked for permission from SCYSA BEFORE agreeing to go to events scheduled the same time as state cup? Did you ever consider that SCYSA may have given permission to do this because they saw it as a benefit to high level players across the state (who just so happe to play at CESA) and not just a benefit to CESA as a club?

No. I doubt that you did. You'd rather just assume that CESA would tell SCYSA what to do and SCYSA would just do it. Other clubs have asked for permission to do things out of the ordinary and have been granted that permission and I don't remember CESA parents (or anyone else) jumping all over them in the forums.

For shame.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Wow! Why should anyone care if teams agree to play at one time or another. It doesn't effect my kids team so I don't care. I am sure that all the coaches involved agreed to any changes. There seems to be a lot of hate or jealousy around the stae. Why?

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
"It doesn't effect my kids team so I don't care."

So if it did, would you care then?

I guess the concern may lie in the question, are the rules the same for everyone? I can't find any scheduling guidelines, so if concessions were being granted, was this opportunity offered to all teams competing?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

"Ignorance" is my wife and I scheduling a trip to the Bahamas on the same week as the state cup final.

Especially when the semi's and finals are being played in our backyard.

If the state cup finals get moved back a week.....I'm all for it!

Hurst if State cup means that much to you then you stay home and i will be glad to keep your wife company on her trip to the Bahamas!

As for the other arguments,
First round games get moved to weekdays all the time. Most of the time it is to accomadate CESA but that is because CESA is the club always trying to do what is best for their players when it comes to exposure.Do any of you really want to punish the kids by making them forfiet and the best teams not playing in the state cup just because you do not like CESA. Then everyone on here that complained about Cesa can brag about their teams winning state cup and all of us CESA people can bash you about doing it without the Cesa teams not being there.Last year the Cesa u-17 girls did not get into Disney so their first round game was moved to a weekday so they could attend CASL that weekend. It gave the girls some late exsposure that may have helped some of them play in college.What is wrong with that?
How about lets move State cup up a few weeks and not prolong the season the way it is. Then there may not be as many conflicts for those teams wanting to play at CASL and other places during the first week of Dec.North Carolina has been finished for 2 weeks.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Yeah, wou;dn't it be nice if first round of State Cup was weekend of 11/14-15 and Final Four weekend was 11/21-22.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Yeah, wou;dn't it be nice if first round of State Cup was weekend of 11/14-15 and Final Four weekend was 11/21-22.

The CASL Girls College Showcase was 11/20-22 this year.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard