Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

That is absolute crap... I see there are some games already moved to Dec 1st and 2nd. I agree with whoever said that any one else they would have been taught a lesson and made to pay the consequences.
This is crap.

Wow. Some people really don't seem to care about the kids in the state at all??

If the other teams coaches agree to moving the game, why such a violent reaction?

Such venom is shocking. This state is going to have a difficult time moving the overall level of soccer across the state up with such attitudes. This entire soccer effort is about giving kids the best chance to grow as players and shouldn't be about anything else.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
JAK, I totally agree. The hostility on this board for a non-issue is very unsettling. It is nearing the hostility of the Ga forum.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
It is very sad. The kids really don't care about the whens and the wheres they just want to play soccer. The population of this state isn't large enough for there to be so much dissension within the soccer population. Do what's best for these kids regardless of what club, academy vs. challenge, etc.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I was referring to this statement. NOTE - I have not found anywhere a reference to a change in SCYSA schedule.

Quote:

I can tell you for a fact that a few Teams have been notified that 2nd round if the teams make it will be moved to the weekend of the 19th and 20th

sorry for posting the 21-22 earlier still looking at November

So State cup being moved to accommodate one club is fair? The club being accommodated is playing in a non-USYSA sanctioned tournament.
1- I am all for exposure and challenge
2- I have had the experience before

So if (for example) FSCG sharks had scheduled a tournament on the weekend of the state cup, you believe SCYSA would move it to accommodate them? My beef is with SCYSA...

I see changes where done to first round dates to accommodate CESA, teams agreed end of story. But to change state cup finals week is another thing. Note that the 18th - 20th is a RAINED OUT DATE.

I do not know where you guys are from but things are not as equal as you may think they are. I can tell you for a fact that clubs were severely chastised in the past ( and recently no less) for participating in non USYSA sanctioned tournaments. Clubs have been chastised for belonging to US Club Soccer, etc. Yet somehow I am the one against this? I am all for choice... equal opportunity to all... not just the privileged few. If the cup is moved for one club then it should be moved for any. What happens if it rains on the 19 and 20th?

Better yet there will be games being played on Tuesday for the first round. There is supposed to be lots of rain on Tuesday... if the game does not get played and since they cannot play during the weekend, I guess they have to agree to play during the week before state cup weekend... they have no choice not a lot of time to heal an injury.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 11/27/09 01:40 AM.
world cup
world cup
For the record, I think the North Carolina club soccer season is too short and playing the state cup final in mid-November is a waste of good weather.

As much as CESA gets accused of having too much influence with SCYSA, I think the same is true of CASL in North Carolina. I think the NC season ends too quickly to accomodate all of CASL's end-of-year tournaments.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
I'm not for moving the whole state cup weekend but i do not have a problem with moving a first round game to mid week. If i am a 8 seed and have to travel and maybe even get a room for the night with the good chance of getting beat and being out of the final. I wouldn't mind having a top seed wanting to reschedule to mid week and come to my house so i can just stay home.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Would it be too much to ask the SCYSA to put a link on the main page to get to the Challenge Schedules??? It is ridiculous to have to go thru three pages to get to schedules!!!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

For the record, I think the North Carolina club soccer season is too short and playing the state cup final in mid-November is a waste of good weather.

As much as CESA gets accused of having too much influence with SCYSA, I think the same is true of CASL in North Carolina. I think the NC season ends too quickly to accomodate all of CASL's end-of-year tournaments.

Hurst,

I like the idea of being done in mid November. Then kids can focus on ODP and post season tournaments.....or high school preseason conditioning. Or maybe just take a couple of weeks off before one or more of the above gets started.

I also agree that NC season ends too soon....but thats because their State cup runs an extra week. They actually start State Cup the last weekend in October and thats too soon.

I have no problems with the State allowing flexibility for scheduling preliminary state cup games provided both teams agree to the revised timing. Final Four weekend shoudl be cast in stone unless weather doesn't cooperate. Everyone should play Final 4 weekend at the same time.

B
throw in
throw in
B
So just to be clear. You guys think that the CESA 92 boys should have turned down the opportunity to play in the USYS National League to stay in SC and play in State Cup with everyone else? Seems a shame that the first team to ever earn their way into this prestigious league would be denied the opportunity to represent South Carolina at the national level.
http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/news/story.asp?story_id=4940

S
goal
goal
S
I bet SCYSA is praying for rain in Rock Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard