Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

So just to be clear. You guys think that the CESA 92 boys should have turned down the opportunity to play in the USYS National League to stay in SC and play in State Cup with everyone else? Seems a shame that the first team to ever earn their way into this prestigious league would be denied the opportunity to represent South Carolina at the national level.
http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/news/story.asp?story_id=4940

On behalf of CESA 92 Premier, I'd like to say thank you to SCYSA and the teams involved in changing the State Cup schedule to enable the team to compete in the National League. The boys look forward to having a second crack at Hicksville of NY, whom they lost to during the first round of Nationals in Boston.

Logistics are just logistics. Opportunities to play at the highest possible level must be taken when they are earned and I commend everyone involved who made the decision to change the schedule so our team can participate in both events.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
beenaround if you have been around then you would know that these things do not happen overnight.

1- First and foremost - congratulations to the CESA team in its participation in this league
2- everyone new the schedule for SCYSA state cup waaaaayyyyy in advance and everyone in SCYSA should have known that CESA was particpating in this league with this potential conflict
3- if it was any other team and any other tournament/league the team would be made to forfeit.

For example a few years ago some CESA girl teams chose to attend a tournament instead of attending the state cup playoffs for exposure. Why is this any different? why would this be any different than Billy Bob SC attending a tournament on the same weekend? afterall you are defining this as a great opportunity, maybe BBSC sees that other tournament as a great opportunity.

A couple years ago, teams that did not know they had qualified for state cup (U15 level when U14 #1 and #2 were allowed to play whose games do not count) were made to forfeit. You can argue that a coach should have known, well the CESA coaches should have known this conflict would occur.

I am certain that if this was a team coached by someone in CUFC who is also associated with SC United and the USSF league, SCYSA would not be as lenient.

I would guess that USYSA created all this with the logical assumption that the majority of state cups are held in May and June; which for some reason SCYSA has chosen not to follow and in reality places SC teams in a disadvantage when traveling to regionals as GA and NC teams are coming out fit and ready from their season and SC is struggling to get game/team fit coming out of HS season that has dispersed the team

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

beenaround if you have been around then you would know that these things do not happen overnight.

1- First and foremost - congratulations to the CESA team in its participation in this league
2- everyone new the schedule for SCYSA state cup waaaaayyyyy in advance and everyone in SCYSA should have known that CESA was particpating in this league with this potential conflict
3- if it was any other team and any other tournament/league the team would be made to forfeit.

For example a few years ago some CESA girl teams chose to attend a tournament instead of attending the state cup playoffs for exposure. Why is this any different? why would this be any different than Billy Bob SC attending a tournament on the same weekend? afterall you are defining this as a great opportunity, maybe BBSC sees that other tournament as a great opportunity.

A couple years ago, teams that did not know they had qualified for state cup (U15 level when U14 #1 and #2 were allowed to play whose games do not count) were made to forfeit. You can argue that a coach should have known, well the CESA coaches should have known this conflict would occur.

I am certain that if this was a team coached by someone in CUFC who is also associated with SC United and the USSF league, SCYSA would not be as lenient.

I would guess that USYSA created all this with the logical assumption that the majority of state cups are held in May and June; which for some reason SCYSA has chosen not to follow and in reality places SC teams in a disadvantage when traveling to regionals as GA and NC teams are coming out fit and ready from their season and SC is struggling to get game/team fit coming out of HS season that has dispersed the team

Futbol,

Thank you for the props on the team making it into the National League.

As to your other comments, you should understand the National League is a USYSA league and the teams in the league were not announced until a couple of months or so ago.

Additionally, while we can all agree such conflicts within USYSA shouldn't occur, the fact is they do. Region Team events can conflict with club events and National League events can conflict with State Cup events. We have two players who forfeited their place on the region team so they could stay and play with their club team during National League competition.

SCYSA leadership are VERY proud of ANY team or CLUB who make it into National level competition. Discoveries and CESA 92 were treated equally well for their accomplishments last summer. We are most thankful for their past and current support of all teams.

As to the schedule conflicts, I suppose we can all find a bone of contention at some level. I'll give you that much.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Manchester... I am all for providing the best opportunities. I went through it and would never hold back anyone who choses to do what is best. Finotti's team is a quality group and many will have lots of playing years in the future.

My issue is with the rules, rules that are supposed to apply to everyone. What if a team that makes it to the semis cannot play on the 19th? One would argue that it was known that the date is rained out date and should have been in the schedule as an available to play date. But so was the 12th, what happens then? What happens if it rains on the 19th and the games cannot be played? when will state cup be played?

None of these has been layed out, what if my team has a conflict on the date in January that is chosen?

This is the reason why the calendar is published in August of every year. with dates and rained out dates

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I bet SCYSA is praying for rain in Rock Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that happens on Dec 12-13, all 8 gender/age groups would have to play the final round on Dec 19-20 (rain dates) rather than just the U17 boys. Why would SCYSA pray for a situation that would move all gender/age groups closer to the holidays?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
By the way... I am taking everyone at their word, as I said I have yet to see any offical communication about this move from SCYSA. Of course I have no involvement in the age group and may not be privy to the information.

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Manchester... I am all for providing the best opportunities. I went through it and would never hold back anyone who choses to do what is best. Finotti's team is a quality group and many will have lots of playing years in the future.

My issue is with the rules, rules that are supposed to apply to everyone. What if a team that makes it to the semis cannot play on the 19th? One would argue that it was known that the date is rained out date and should have been in the schedule as an available to play date. But so was the 12th, what happens then? What happens if it rains on the 19th and the games cannot be played? when will state cup be played?

None of these has been layed out, what if my team has a conflict on the date in January that is chosen?

This is the reason why the calendar is published in August of every year. with dates and rained out dates

Futbol,

I hear you but as Forest Gump said so eloquently, *!it Happens. South Carolina United FC had their first two games rained out and they aren't scheduled to make them up until June. USYSA didn't announce the National League teams until recently and for the few states where state schedules were affected the State organizations obviously have the authority to be flexible, if all agree.

I'm sure you'll agree, all of our state players want to play the best competition available. I suppose SCYSA could have made CESA 92 forfeit, but would the teams in that age group feel a bit slighted for not having a go at the best in the state. I think so.

If we have rain on any of those dates, new dates will be found. The world will not end.

Relax, take a chill pill and enjoy the experience would be my advice to anyone who has a problem with the changes. The changes which were made were made in the best interests of ALL players.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Manchester ... IF the changes were made (again I have seen nothing official) they were made in the interest of 25% of the population in the sate finals weekend.

What about the 3 remaining teams whose parents will now have to pay extra training fees (which potentially was not needed) or now have to get hotels in rock hill for two weekends instead of one if they had a sibling playing as well?

25% of the pouplation is affecting 75%.

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Manchester ... IF the changes were made (again I have seen nothing official) they were made in the interest of 25% of the population in the sate finals weekend.

What about the 3 remaining teams whose parents will now have to pay extra training fees (which potentially was not needed) or now have to get hotels in rock hill for two weekends instead of one if they had a sibling playing as well?

25% of the pouplation is affecting 75%.

Are you serious?? Extra training fees? Hotel expenses? How many times have you driven to matches or tournaments for that matter over the years that were cancelled because of weather and you still paid for coaches fees, tournament fees, hotel, gas, food, cell phone roaming minutes, etc.

Come on now!

hat-trick
hat-trick
I know this is a long shot, but what will SCYSA do if Carolina FC defeats CESA 92 Premier Friday? Will they play the final four on Dec 12-13 as originally scheduled?

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard