Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Hurst... I think we have two on the roster from NJ. Howard and Bradley. Bradley grew up in NJ before moving to Illinois I think. Not sure how old he was when they moved. Also, Altidore was born in NJ but I think was very young when he moved to Florida. Miss the days of Tab, John, Tony, Peter, and Claudia though.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Quote:

Wish Davies would have been brought in, just to see if he could get back, but his club team said he wasn't ready yet. Hopefully, this will be great motivation for 4 years.

Also, wish I could ask Rossi how that decision is turning out? Not even on the Italian roster, but would start for team USA. Hope he enjoys his summer on the couch.

Are you kidding? He'll tell you any day that decision was great and I agree with him ten-fold. Actually, he is on the 30-man roster. And, with Bradley's tactics and player selection, there is no guarantee he'd use Rossi and, if he did, look at the average players/tactics that he'd be around. No comparison choosing Italy.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
If I see any Al-Qaeda in South Africa next month, I'll handle them myself!

5/18/10
Al-Qaeda said to be plotting terrorist attack at the World Cup
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7129273.ece
London Times

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

A south africa mexico uruguay France
B argentina nigeria south korea greece
C england usa algeria slovenia
D germany australia serbia ghana
E netherlands denmark japan cameroon
F italy paraguay new zealand slovakia
G brazil korea dpr ivory coast portugal
H spain Switzerland honduras chile

A. France and Uruguay
B. Argentina and Nigeria
C. England and Slovenia
D. Germany and Ghana
E. Netherlands and Cameroon
F. Italy and Paraguay
G. Brazil and Ivory Coast
H. Spain and Chile

France Vs Nigeria - France
England vs Ghana - England
Netherlands Vs Paraguay - Paraguay
Brazil Vs Chile - Brazil
Aregntina Vs Uruguay - Argentina
Germany Vs Slovenia - Germany
Italy Vs Cameroon - Italy
Spain Vs Ivory Coast - Spain

France Vs England - England
Paraguay Vs Brazil - Brazil
Argentina Vs Germany - Argentina
Italy Vs Spain - Spain

England Vs Brazil- England
Argentina Vs Spain - Argentina

England Vs Argentina -ENGLAND!!

Player of the tournament - Wayne Rooney (England)
Young player of the tournament - Sergio Aguero (Argentina)
Coach/surprise team of the tournament - Gerardo Martino/Paraguay
Top goalscorer - Lionel Messi (Argentina) (6 goals)
Surprise player of the tournament-Adam Johnson (England)

ps. I may have let my heart rule my head in these picks!

gotta love the english mentality but sorry lol. Capello isnt a magician.

Rooney and Messi are ok.

I would rate Germany, Italy, Holland and France over England and Argentina.

Did you know that Maradona left Cambiasso out? haha as much as a love the way Diego dominated back in the days, he is just not a great coach.

Player of the tournament? Here are my predictions.

1. Kaka
2. Casillas
3. Villa
4. Fabiano
5. Puyol/Pique
6. Lucio/Maicon
7. Julio Cesar

or basically anybody from Brazil or Spain.

With all the respect to England, they just seen to choke when it comes to the big stage, Spain is usually the same way and Holland too, Spain was so dominant in the last european cup that makes me believe they would get things done this time.

The USA did beat Spain so we know we can get things done at any given time with a little luck.

Landon Donovans confidence is up in the sky right now.

If anybody is gone get things done for Argentina are Higuain, Samuel or maybe even Milito, haha I dont see Messi doing any different that what he did in South America.

Holland with Sneijder and Robben are going to be tought, Rivery is getting back in shape as well with the help of the Diarras brothers. Watch out for France goalkeeper.

Another interesting players to watch are;

Van Vommel
Mario Gomez
Elano
Lass Diarra
Nilmar (if they take him)
Cristiano Ronaldo lol

I will be the first one to congratulate you if England wins the whole thing but honestly, tv ratings lie sometime ; )

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Player of the tournament? Here are my predictions.

1. Kaka
2. Casillas
3. Villa
4. Fabiano
5. Puyol/Pique
6. Lucio/Maicon
7. Julio Cesar

Glad you picked players from the overrated La Liga and Inter Milan players you hope Jose can bring to Madrid with him, hahahaha. That list is a joke, do you know any other players? And whoever posted their predictions, that is completely insane to think Slovenia would get through over the US, granted either team would lose in the next round but still........ And without Ballack Germany will have a tough time in that group and I think Serbia and Ghana are strong enough to go through over them. And just watch out for those African teams, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Nigeria and Ghana, they have some real talent on their squads and will surprise a lot of people in South Africa. I would love it if one of those four teams won, particularly Cote d'Ivoire, but the chance of that happening is very slim. Therefore I believe Holland will win, and why would anyone ever pick Argentina to be in the final, do you pay attention to international football? Maradona is an awful coach and they got through by the skin of their teeth and Messi has not played well for Argentina in three years....

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
"Glad you picked players from the overrated La Liga and Inter Milan players you hope Jose can bring to Madrid with him, hahahaha."

This statement just shows that you don't have a clue.. These players are from the two top rated teams per FIFA.. Club affiliation doesn't have anything to do with the world cup, national pride

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

"Glad you picked players from the overrated La Liga and Inter Milan players you hope Jose can bring to Madrid with him, hahahaha."

This statement just shows that you don't have a clue.. These players are from the two top rated teams per FIFA.. Club affiliation doesn't have anything to do with the world cup, national pride

how is epl doing by the way?

i havent watch an epl game in about never hahaha i catch up with epl teams in champions league, long ball was never my taste.

i would watch.

1. la liga
2. serie a
3. bundesliga
4. argentina primera
5. brasileirao
6. mls, yes major league soccer
7. college soccer
8. high school soccer (irmo)
9. nfl
10. college football

before epl haha, wrestling-long ball puts me to sleep, yes i would rather watch high school football or nfl rather than overrated english ping pong league.

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
yeah you are completely right, since the epl has a larger average attendance than la liga, and that is just so exciting to see a 30 point gap between 2 and 3 places, REAL EXCITING! This statement about "long ball" makes you the most retarded person who thinks they know something about football wow... watch United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Manchester City play... that is really long ball stuff right there. And I guess that is why their is one Englishmen playing in Spain and about fifty Spaniards playing in England, you are right I'm sorry that Spain boasts two teams that wouldn't get relegated in the EPL

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

yeah you are completely right, since the epl has a larger average attendance than la liga, and that is just so exciting to see a 30 point gap between 2 and 3 places, REAL EXCITING! This statement about "long ball" makes you the most retarded person who thinks they know something about football wow... watch United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Manchester City play... that is really long ball stuff right there. And I guess that is why their is one Englishmen playing in Spain and about fifty Spaniards playing in England, you are right I'm sorry that Spain boasts two teams that wouldn't get relegated in the EPL

what does attendance have to do with quality?

there is more fans at irmo hs games than odp regional games hahaha, heck there is prob more fans at irmo than usc and most college soccer games.

i simply do not like long ball soccer, that simple.

yes english teams have more money (they can bring good players in) and most of them are bankrupted with debts as well but i still like the street football that liga have to offer, much more creative, much more magical.

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
that why ronaldo, the best or second best player in the world, says that the quality is better in England and it is more fun and more competitive.

And it is not long ball, thats ignorant. The pace in the premier league is so much quicker than any other league. I fall asleep when I try to watch La Liga games on GolTV, I couldnt even watch EL CLASSICO it was so boring. yeah they may score goals of individual brilliance but really from top to bottom England is much better quality and much better to watch and I would say appealing to the eye.

The teams are much more competitive in England, thats why their is a big four which was broken this year instead of a big two. Their is always a fight for the title, champions league places, europa league places and relegation, im not saying La Liga doesnt have this but the teams are much more even and that is why I like the Bundesliga more than La Liga too. The top 8 teams in both the EPL and the Bundesliga this season were all quality teams!!!
EPL:
1. Chelsea (2 UEFA Cup Winners Cups)
2. Manchester United (3 UEFA Champions Leagues, 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
3. Arsenal (1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
4. Tottenham Hotspur (2 UEFA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
5. Manchester City (1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
6. Aston Villa (1 UEFA Champions League)
7. Liverpool (5 UEFA Champions Leagues, 3 UEFA Cups)
8. Everton (1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)

NOTE: Because of the Heysel Stadium disaster in 1985, English teams were banned from European competition for 7 seasons and Liverpool were banned for 11 seasons.

Bundesliga:
1. Bayern Munich (4 UEFA Champions League (you can probably add another one today!), 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup, 1 UEFA Cup)
2. FC Schalke 04 (1 UEFA Cup)
3. Werder Bremen (1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
4. Bayer Leverkusen (1 UEFA Cup, Lost in the Champions League Final in 2002 to the most amazing final goal ever, give your Galacticos that!)
5. Borussia Dortmund (1 UEFA Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
6. VfB Stuttgart
7. Hamburg SV (1 UEFA Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup)
8. VfL Wolfsburg (Reigning Bundesliga Champions, all the way back in 8!)

AND here is your debt for you: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=788913&sec=europe&cc=5901&cc=5901

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard