Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Quote:

I hope he enjoys that "absolute correct decision"!!! Yes, he left at a young age, but if you read an interview with him, he is nothing more than an American kid playing ball in Italy. yes, it is his "dream", but I have to think playing in the World Cup is a bigger dream. He would be a part of the US future NOW and for the next 3 world cups. Hate to think about it (because he is incredibly talented) but what if he get seriously injured and can't play in four years??? He may have missed his only chance. God forbid, I don't like him, but I don't wish harm on him (much like C. Ronaldo). U20s don't commit you to a country, has to be full national team (remember US begging F. Adu to not leave for Ghana). This is 2 tournaments in a row. yes Italy beat the US in Confed, but the US made the final. Now, no world cup. he would be a starter. He really needs to move to a Serie A team. yes, not eery player is a Serie a, but 90% are.

I know U20s doesn't commit you to a country but ignorance from an underachieving coach and country will turn your decision. Subotic would be very valuable right now!

Your views on Rossi are too pro-American to take serious. The guy plays in La Liga, now a transfer to Serie A and is in the top 28 of Italy while being capped by them. World Cup in 2010 or not, you're mad if you think playing for the US is a better choice and what the heck makes you think Bradley would start Rossi? Since when have smaller, technical players been a priority for the US?

Rossi is 23 and, with Prandelli about to start after WC with a new, young cycle of Italians, has more high level matches in his future then the entire US Full, U23 and U20 National Team players combined. If he declared as an American player, he wouldn't have the opportunities ahead of him that he has; Americans are just viewed differently. Again, great CAREER choice.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Bradley won't be here in 1 month, so... The Italians have been ready for a "youth" movement since the '94 world cup in the US. It still hasn't happened. Since when have smaller technical players been a priority for Italy??? Granted they have more technicallly sound players, but they certainly don't look like Argentina, Spain, Netherlands, etc.
The US is starting to move to tehnically better players. Donavan, Torres, Bedoya are good examples.

And you are right, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley Jr., Edu, all of the goalies, etc. don't get a look oversees. I agree US players are viewed differently, but that is beginning to change. Do you really think that if he declared US, let's say last year before capping for qualifiers or Confed cup, that he would have been cut or not played by his La Liga club??? Come on. Must be why Bedoya, Torres, J. Jones (man I wish he was healthy), etc are coming to US.

Last edited by cid0000; 06/03/10 02:59 PM.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Quote:

Bradley won't be here in 1 month, so... The Italians have been ready for a "youth" movement since the '94 world cup in the US. It still hasn't happened. Since when have smaller technical players been a priority for Italy??? Granted they have more technicallly sound players, but they certainly don't look like Argentina, Spain, Netherlands, etc.
The US is starting to move to tehnically better players. Donavan, Torres, Bedoya are good examples.

And you are right, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley Jr., Edu, all of the goalies, etc. don't get a look oversees. I agree US players are viewed differently, but that is beginning to change. Do you really think that if he declared US, let's say last year before capping for qualifiers or Confed cup, that he would have been cut or not played by his La Liga club??? Come on, you're anti-American views show. Must be why Bedoya, Torres, J. Jones (man I wish he was healthy), etc are coming to US.

1) You were talking about his decision up to 2010 WC and Bradley is here.
2) The '94 comment doesn't make sense. The team, of course, has gone through two cycles and did OK in 2006.
3) Injuries aside, Marchisio, DiNatale and Camoranesi are all in line to play for Italy. Potentially, 3 or the 11 just in this Cup. A fourth starter (5'9" Pirlo) isn't bad either. If Feilhaber and Torres both start, then I stand corrected.
4) Donovan is known for athleticism, not technical ability. Torres? let's see how much he plays....should but won't over Bradley, Clark and Edu. Look where Bedoya is.
5) I didn't say Americans don't get looks....just looked at differently. And, look closer at that group. Dempsey and Howard are the only legit arguments and one's a GK.
6) Changing? Total field players PLAYING on top teams in La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, EPL, etc, etc.
7) No, if when he declared it was for US, Villareal would've looked differently due to EU work issues let alone the soccer side. There was old article in Football Italia on Villareal/Rossi that discussed it.
8) They're coming to US because they're not good enough for their countries. Jones was on outside looking in for Germany.

I'm cheering for the United States as much as anybody but you have to be realistic about things.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
1. But he would be on the roster, and most likely playing.
2. How many players under the age of 24 have been on the Italian roster each world cup? I could be wrong, but they always seem to have an "older" group at the cup. Clearly a great team, just a great older team.
3. 2 of these three are bulldog defenders. Not quite spain.
4. not having bedoya is again BB being stupid, and he will be gone in a month. Rossi would be playing on this team.
5. Donovan was player of the month for his club (which beat or tied Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Man City - correct?). All 3 goalies play in the EPL. Edu started the last few games. Bradly has done well. Not alot of top 3 leagues, but not bad. Gomez won golden boot in Mexico, not bad.
7. Really think he wouldn't have gotten a work visa?? Hasn't been a problem for the rest of US players.
8. Jones (when healthy) was a force for Schlake 04. And probably would have been in line for a cup look. Have several friends from Germany and not one was happy when he left.
Again, he would be playing, not watching. He would have been in 3 cups for the US. Hopefully, 2 for Italy. Wish the kid luck. Hope the US brings in a great technical coach after BB.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
L
Goal
Goal
L
Can the usmnt even put 2 quality halves together at the wc?

We’ll know soon if papa Bradley can coach or not under pressure.

4-5-1 formation is ridiculous……Dempsey is lazy…..some of our studs/game changers may not even see the pitch (Torres, Gomez, buddle)

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Quote:

1. But he would be on the roster, and most likely playing.
2. How many players under the age of 24 have been on the Italian roster each world cup? I could be wrong, but they always seem to have an "older" group at the cup. Clearly a great team, just a great older team.
3. 2 of these three are bulldog defenders. Not quite spain.
4. not having bedoya is again BB being stupid, and he will be gone in a month. Rossi would be playing on this team.
5. Donovan was player of the month for his club (which beat or tied Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Man City - correct?). All 3 goalies play in the EPL. Edu started the last few games. Bradly has done well. Not alot of top 3 leagues, but not bad. Gomez won golden boot in Mexico, not bad.
7. Really think he wouldn't have gotten a work visa?? Hasn't been a problem for the rest of US players.
8. Jones (when healthy) was a force for Schlake 04. And probably would have been in line for a cup look. Have several friends from Germany and not one was happy when he left.
Again, he would be playing, not watching. He would have been in 3 cups for the US. Hopefully, 2 for Italy. Wish the kid luck. Hope the US brings in a great technical coach after BB.

I'd love to be totally wrong and we could go on for days with different views. My only issue left is there is NOT one bulldog defender in that group of Marchisio, DiNatale, Camoransi and Pirlo? You must be thinking DeRossi and Gattuso. Thanks for the great dialogue and watch Italy v Mexico at 1 p.m. today on Telemundo.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Friendly dialogue and agreeing to disagree can sometimes be hard to find on these forums. My mistake with Mar, Di,... I will definately be watching and can't wait for the 11th.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Altidore day-to-day with sprained ankle, Rio Ferdinand day-to-day with knee injury, Drogba possibly out for cup after breaking arm against Japan. Altidore better get better or it will be a long 3 games for the US.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Buddle sure looked good and earned some playing time in the friendly with Austrailia. Gooch seems to be struggling. Goodson and DeMerit have not looked sharp. I'm worried about our back line.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

And you are right, Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley Jr., Edu, all of the goalies, etc. don't get a look oversees. I agree US players are viewed differently, but that is beginning to change. Do you really think that if he declared US, let's say last year before capping for qualifiers or Confed cup, that he would have been cut or not played by his La Liga club??? Come on. Must be why Bedoya, Torres, J. Jones (man I wish he was healthy), etc are coming to US.

is about time for the US to learn from the Perez experience and stop thinking "big and fast" would make you a world champion.

I can come up with a lot of good skilled short player from italy and I can start with Del Piero or Donadoni.

Big and Fast work for brazil but that is because their skill and creativity with the ball is 100xs better.

In fact I was talking to Dustyn Corea last night, a Salvadoran american kid who has been left out 2 times off the youth national team because he doesnt "fit" into the coach strategy.

Corea just graduated from high school, he is been to italy trying out with juventus and fiorentina already. He is getting ready to sign with a european team but he didnt want to say for what team.

Not only that, but El Salvador is going after Corea as well who is mad because he is been left out of the US again.

Times are changing and hopelly with the years most americans would learn that in soccer skill is very important too and they go along with size and speed as well.

Messi, Romario and Maradona were all about 5 6" or 5 7" but great players.

Big and fast helps but at the end, skill is the most important (brazil).

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 06/07/10 03:26 AM.

Club of the century.
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard