Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
throw in
throw in
The Cup and the Chelsea players........

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/worldcup2010/detail?&entry_id=66190

Donovan's take on Algeria....I like Matmour's quote -"Today's football is very physical. Skill is just for the final meters."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/06/19/sports/s060306D47.DTL#ixzz0raND0QIY

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2010/06/19/sports/s060306D47.DTL

throw in
throw in

throw in
throw in
Possibly the Erin Andrews of World Soccer.......?

Iker Casillas' TV presenter girlfriend, Sara Carbonero, prepares for her pre-match piece to camera. The Spanish goalkeeper is probably more worried about her questions than the Honduras attack

throw in
throw in
Uruguay wins Group A......!

'Blue until I die'

Brace
Brace
Another 'playful' site for World Cup stats, info, etc.

http://demo.qlikview.com/QvAJAXZfc/Acces...amp;client=Ajax

S
goal
goal
S
gotta love the french coach acting all french to the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDrq1SM9f_o

S
goal
goal
S
i'm not a fan of the nba, because they're overpaid babys. they flop for the foul, but they don't act like a grenade went off in their face like mens soccer. wtf, when did this become acceptable? an italian friend told me, ya, we're just used to it, we don't even notice it anymore.
spare me the melodrama, i'll take womens soccer.
that said, still hooked on the world cup. is anyone getting any work done this month? look for another dip in the economy.

throw in
throw in
What a glorious month this has been in TV sports....even though I detest the NBA, I at least watched part of the final and we have a champion........then the US Open...now the College World Series with 1 1/2 state teams.......and the wonderful World Cup with all its spectacle...all its diversity....

all its issues.....all its joys........

and sorrows....

the French

all its beauty in the stands....

and all the competition.......

The Cup

and a dip in the economy......? I think not.......the suds industry is thriving..........

throw in
throw in
Come on guys....Not another crappy start...........!

19 min: I wouldn't like to see Rafik Halliche attempt to apply some deoderant of a morning. Because he has just tried to spray a pass out to Belhadj and mised by the width of several fat bodies. (Gotta love the Brits commentary)

17 min: That's an awful, Ziani-esque effort from Donovan. Get it together, lads.

15 min: It's poor fare so far, to be fair.

9 min: Another elementary error by an American defender. This time it was Cherundolo who goofed, kicking air as a long ball flew through to Djebbour, who again lacked composure and plopped a ridiculous shot into the sidenetting.

WHAT A MISS! It was appalling defending by DeMerit, who allowed a long diagonal ball to bounce past him and into the path of Djebbour. The striker killed it on his chest and then crashed a rash hasty shot past Howard and onto the crossbar! he had enough time and space to do much better than that but rushed his effort, betraying the confidence of a man who hasn't scored in eons.

4 min: Algeria are taking the early initiatives here, with the US content to try to absorb the pressure and strike on the counter-attack.

2 min: Donovan scampers down the right and delivers a dangerous cross. But Mbouli clasps it cleanly.

1 min: We have kick-off. Belhadj immedaitely goes long for Djebbour, who nods it down to Matmour, who wallops it first time just over the bar. Foxy start from the Fennecs.

Last edited by usasoccer; 06/23/10 02:22 PM.
throw in
throw in
40 min: Tame effort from distance by Dempsey. Well held by Mbolhi. "I'm in Texas, and if FIFA want us to care about the World Cup, they should at least supply us with competent refs," moans Thomas Langino. Savour the character-building lesson, Thomas. Injustice is part of life, might as well get used to it. So says Sepp.

38 min: Neither of these teams want to die like Buridan's ass so there's both now hellbent on victory, meaning the game is beocming ever more open and entertaining. Matmour has just rasped one at Howard from distance. The keeper tipped it over for a corner.

Buridan's ass

It refers to a hypothetical situation wherein an ass is placed precisely midway between a stack of hay and a pail of water. Since the paradox assumes the ass will always go to whichever is closer, it will die of both hunger and thirst since it cannot make any rational decision to choose one over the other.

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard