Print Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

i'm not a fan of the nba, because they're overpaid babys. they flop for the foul, but they don't act like a grenade went off in their face like mens soccer. wtf, when did this become acceptable? an italian friend told me, ya, we're just used to it, we don't even notice it anymore.
spare me the melodrama, i'll take womens soccer.
that said, still hooked on the world cup. is anyone getting any work done this month? look for another dip in the economy.

you and people like you need to watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJn5XxWg9U

how does that relate to grown men writhing around on the ground like 5yrs olds trying to get the attention of the refs.
during the italian game yesterday, the ref just walked over & told them to get up & shut up, he wasn't buying it.

C
goal
goal
C
Still a funny video..

Here I go again!
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i'm not a fan of the nba, because they're overpaid babys. they flop for the foul, but they don't act like a grenade went off in their face like mens soccer. wtf, when did this become acceptable? an italian friend told me, ya, we're just used to it, we don't even notice it anymore.
that said, still hooked on the world cup. is anyone getting any work done this month? look for another dip in the economy.

how does that relate to grown men writhing around on the ground like 5yrs olds trying to get the attention of the refs.
during the italian game yesterday, the ref just walked over & told them to get up & shut up, he wasn't buying it.

diving is annoying huh? that is your opinion, good for you. now let me tell you what is annoying to me.

1. one million time outs and commercial breaks in 3 hours and 15 minutes of real play.

2. 400lbs fat athletes

3. tought dudes with pads, i wont even waste my time arguing, rugby is a thousand times more superior when it comes to physicallity.

i can on and on, but lastly, i hate diving as well, but i watch the game to enjoy all the good stuff not the bad things on it.

soccer is # 1 to me and that is the way is going to be the rest of my life.

Club of the century.
World Cup
World Cup
GROUP PLAY SCORING STATISTICS

1st Stage - 16 matches
25 goals (1.56 goals per match)

2nd Stage - 16 matches
42 goals (2.63 goals per match)

3rd Stage - 16 matches
34 goals (2.13 goals per match)

Total - 16 matches (6/26/10)
101 goals (2.10 goals per match)

S
goal
goal
S
i dunno why your panties are twisted because the european model of flopping around like a fish was surprising to me.
get up & play should be the refs mantra & red cards or penalties should be issued after the games review to the most blatent idiots.
i wish its ridiculousness was pointed out more by the commentators. theres one british guy that lays into them pretty good tho.
i hope that crap doesn't filter down to the high school ranks.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

diving is annoying huh? that is your opinion, good for you. now let me tell you what is annoying to me.

1. one million time outs and commercial breaks in 3 hours and 15 minutes of real play.

2. 400lbs fat athletes

3. tought dudes with pads, i wont even waste my time arguing, rugby is a thousand times more superior when it comes to physicallity.

i can on and on, but lastly, i hate diving as well, but i watch the game to enjoy all the good stuff not the bad things on it.

soccer is # 1 to me and that is the way is going to be the rest of my life.

We all love soccer or we wouldn't be on this site.

I hate the flopping like anyone else...it does go a little far. I wish more players would have the toughness of Dempsey. The man played with a broken jaw before it was diagnosed by the team physician. He didn't flop when he was hit in the face and drew blood. The guy is TOUGH

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

i dunno why your panties are twisted because the european model of flopping around like a fish was surprising to me.
get up & play should be the refs mantra & red cards or penalties should be issued after the games review to the most blatent idiots.
i wish its ridiculousness was pointed out more by the commentators. theres one british guy that lays into them pretty good tho.
i hope that crap doesn't filter down to the high school ranks.

and again you have to know more about soccer to understand where the "diving" comes from.

when i watch a usc (both socar or socal) football game, or a jets game or la lakers, i watch them bc i love sports, bc i know sanchez or kobe are going to make something happen.

we are all tired of people like you always trying to find something bad in the game.

1. first it was boring, yes you still find baseball and golf really exciting.

2. ties: it is the way it is, we are not gone kick a field goal in the last minute to untie the game.

3. physicallity, diving: nba is worse, if we go by puss.ies playing the game, i would never watch nba then.

4. inferior athletes. but yeah somehow a fat baseball mlb or nfl player is a great athlete, haha in soccer if are fat, you are an embarrasing player for your team, all competitive soccer players must be xtremely fit.

again, that is the way our sport is, you either like it or you dont.

let me tell you about diving.

1. it can be protection: when you have skill, you dont want a non-skilled dumb defensive player to hurt you bc you want to play more, bc you are the one that make things happen for your team.

kind like the qb, the qb in football sometime have to step down and stop the play. think of what happened to mccoy last year for texas. being "brave" doesnt always apply, if you are hurt in the championship game bc of some dumb tackle, then you are out, and you have to wait another season to make it there.

a lot of skilled players use diving for protection.

2. the "acting." this is what most of you people dont understand, and is part of the game as well, not saying is a good thing but is just part of the game kind like fat people playing nfl.

when you "act" and roll around on the ground, sometime you can get your opponent a red card, then your team has one more player, so your team has more chances of winning the game. so yeah, diving can be more of "cheating" than being a "pussi" like most of you think.

diving is not worse than baseballs and nfl cheating ways: "steorids."

so basically i dont think diving is going out of the game that easy, the same way steroids are not done with american sports.

now, im done educating people like you, there is not point in doing it.

there is always gone be another excuse wheater is the vuvuzelas or any other crap. stick to nascar, baseball or poker.

Club of the century.
S
goal
goal
S
i'm not sure who you are arguing with about the other sports, (or why) but in regards to your defense of the idiots flopping around on the ground like a fish....holy crap, are you serious?

you win with that logic

C
Coach
Coach
C
Watching USA-Ghana today...Ghana player goes down on the field and stays there writhing. Trainers come out and consult...finally the squad of yellow-coats trot out with the stretcher, put him on it, carry him off the field, and set the stretcher down just outside the sideline...upon which he immediately stands up and walks off just before the camera cuts away.

Idiots flopping around? Not idiots. Unethical, cheating, and downright embarrassing from the perspective of a culture that believes in "rub some dirt in it, get up, and play harder!" but hardly idiots when the tactic usually gives their team an advantage...games can be decided on a free kick, not to mention a couple of yellow cards can take a physical team right out of their game for fear of ejection, never mind the damage a red card does. Just glad to see some WC officials issuing cards for obvious flopping--only if they're penalized for it will it truly become "idiotic" instead of being a smart way to play the system for people who don't care just HOW they gain the advantage just so long as they win.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Watching USA-Ghana today...Ghana player goes down on the field and stays there writhing. Trainers come out and consult...finally the squad of yellow-coats trot out with the stretcher, put him on it, carry him off the field, and set the stretcher down just outside the sideline...upon which he immediately stands up and walks off just before the camera cuts away.

Idiots flopping around? Not idiots. Unethical, cheating, and downright embarrassing from the perspective of a culture that believes in "rub some dirt in it, get up, and play harder!" but hardly idiots when the tactic usually gives their team an advantage...games can be decided on a free kick, not to mention a couple of yellow cards can take a physical team right out of their game for fear of ejection, never mind the damage a red card does. Just glad to see some WC officials issuing cards for obvious flopping--only if they're penalized for it will it truly become "idiotic" instead of being a smart way to play the system for people who don't care just HOW they gain the advantage just so long as they win.

exactly they have never played soccer so they would never understand it.

being an skilled soccer player from latin america, when i was a kid, many coaches would tell me;

"the dumb big guy is gone be marking you, take him one on one all the time, and try to get him mad with your moves, get him a yellow card or a red card, do it in the penalty area as well so you can get a penalty kick, he is big and dumb and he gets mad easily."

and again, i can go on and on how that fits tactically, is part of the culture, part of the sport.

the diving mostly comes from italy and south america, and what they are basically saying is "im smarter than you." and is far far away from a weak act.

diving sometimes would also tell the defender "becarefull, dont do dumb physicall tackles, pay more attention to the ball and not to the player, play clean and stay out of a red card.

now, before you want to fix our sport try to fix:

1. steorids
2. 400lbs embarrasing athletes
3. a million time outs and commercial breaks

fix your stuff first before you want to fix others.

by the way, our boys did their best, but like before, our best wasnt enought.

now lets work on a real coach, and something other than expecting donovan or dempsey to do miracles or hitting long balls to altidore.

where are the skilled-creative american players?

Club of the century.
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard