Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Argentina 3:1 Mexico

Bad call on Tevez first goal (offsides), but Argentina was the much better team. Chicharito is going to be special at Manchester United! Argentina/Germany on Saturday is going to be a war!!!

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Diving is stupid. Letting yourself go when you take contact is a completely different story!!!

Has BB been "let go" yet?????? Hurry up and give over US soccer to JK. He has a clue and would do well with the players we have.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
C
Coach
Coach
C
There's a mental aspect to every game...being able to find your opponent's mental weaknesses is just as important as finding his physical ones. Your coach was right about using the "dumb big guy's" lack of self control against him and trying to goad him into making mistakes. Of course, that's working on getting your opponent to actually MAKE a mistake--a true aspect of competition--which isn't the same as faking a foul when you haven't actually been touched or rolling around in mock agony when you're not hurt. You're right, it's a way of saying "I'm smarter than you" when they get away with it--lately we've been seeing some officials saying, "No, actually, you're not!"

I've got good news and bad news...
throw in
throw in
It is inevitable, in a tournament as large as the World Cup, that some negative situations, some 'unexplained incidents', some missed calls, missed goals occur.....
but this is a great opportunity for the players in our state to learn and grow from some of these situations.......for example.... one big lesson to be learned is the importance of teamwork as France so clearly failed at........lack of, or no communication, and egos, and lack of control and disrespect of authority...will bring teams down.....if they are U-9 or U-19......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37930527/ns/business-careers/

And then there is the lesson as this article states that the Premier League actually hurts the England side.....
so you must decide what you hope to accomplish as a club..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/28/world-cup-2010-premier-league-england

One other lesson for our youth is conditioning and strength.....that 2nd goal displayed Gyan's superior strength as he fought off 2 defenders and still placed a strong left foot into the goal.......our youth players can learn to be in top condition and strong enough to compete against any team before you......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/27/usa-ghana-world-cup-2010

Both teams see chances to win it come and go before the 90 minutes are up. But it's still 1-1 – extra time beckons. Again it's a wonderful start for Ghana as after only three minutes Gyan gets on to the end of a ball over the top. As he chases it he gets a huge shove in the back from Carlos Bocanegra but rather than go down he displays his immense strength and carries on chasing the ball into the area.

And lastly, learn to be aggressive and attentive to the ball at all times.........this ball should never have gotten past Howard.........

It's an unbelievable start for the Black Stars as Kevin-Prince Boateng gets on the end of a knock down and sprints to the edge of the area before rifling home a shot that beats Tim Howard at the near post

throw in
throw in
The Brits break down their games incredibly well.....we can learn further lessons from their analysis of their play...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...chael-Owen.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...lan-Hansen.html

throw in
throw in
View on replay at FIFA level......

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/...ace-technology/

Seems that we need replay, but would it take away from the natural fluidity of the game.......?

S
goal
goal
S
europe limits its basketball teams to only so many americans so to give their lesser home grown players a chance to play & create local interest.
does europe/englands premier league do that with the south american players?
i guess the moneys in europe, but the most creative players are from south america.
as coaches, it might be time to shift away from europe for training answers & look more towards south america

throw in
throw in
A follow-up to Kevin's comment on Klinsman's thoughts on US soccer......

to develop the best possible players and then, subsequently, the best possible teams....we need to be more inclusive....and get away from this long-standing notion that US soccer is a social, elitist sport for the 'youth of America'.....and seek out the 'lower class kids' who have raw, unskilled abilities........

http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2010/05/17/team-usa-and-the-state-of-the-soccer-nation/

C
Coach
Coach
C
Went back and read Kevin's comments and I couldn't agree more with both of you...I think we lose a lot of potential talent in kids (and parents) who have been sold on the idea that if you can't afford to take the "right avenues" in soccer it's pointless to even get started and think you'll ever go anywhere. School teams are a fairly cost-free place to get young people involved in soccer for little investment, but without restarting the ad nauseum "high school vs. club" debate (PLEASE), I think it's reasonable to state that it's hard for players developmentally to compete with school PLUS club players using school training and experience alone.

A comment on Kevin's "pay to play" comment and explanation: Having competed in the same venue and directly against CRSA teams over the last four years, my observation is that CRSA and other clubs with similar philosophy are doing a lot to bring quality soccer development to young people who might not have the opportunity to go to the higher-profile, higher-cost clubs. I've been impressed with both the attitudes and levels of play of the CRSA teams we've come up against, and until some structure of sponsorship comes along to eliminate the need for funds coming from players, the low-cost, good-bang-for-your-buck clubs might not be the perfect answer, but they do a lot for a segment of players who might otherwise not get reached.

I've got good news and bad news...
throw in
throw in
Coach, I concur with your thoughts regarding CRSA's outreach and soccer philosophy.....not only are they seeking to bring greater opportunities for organized soccer...but they also bring a sense of community and spirit and acceptance to these kids.......and that kind of philosophy can transform lives and last a lifetime

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard