Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
M
bench
bench
M
Quote:

I disagree that this is a loop hole that needs to be closed and I guess we will just cancel each other's vote with SCYSA.

Hey, if it's as easy as putting it to a vote, I say we tackle that next.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
College kids can't play club ball? What about kids who do not play college ball?

B
goal
goal
B
A possible point that was touched on, (Mattern, and there were others), but probably not fully understood.

A player who has played for years with a U17 team, but due to age bracketing, happens to graduate from high school, prior to the U18 season and then plays the freshman year in college. NCAA rules prohibit club play, until the college season is completed, which is normally prior to state cup. Player is on the roster either at the beginning of the season, but at a minimum prior to roster freeze. Plays in the state cup, therefore is able to sign the roster sheet to be able to participate in Regionals. Team wins the state cup and qualifies. Now this player has summer training and competitive play between their freshman and sophomore season.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Spirit of the game? Unethical? It's within the rules, it's legal, then it's ethical.

I think parents screaming at the ref's is not in the spirit of the game. But who cares. Merry Christmas!!!!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Would it help......

If the rule were revised so that a player rostered to a team for State Cup would be ineligible, unless they had played as a rostered player for that team, in at least one USYSA event that season. League game, R3PL game, USYSA approved tournament. Pick one.....

Interesting that for indoor soccer here in Charlotte we can add players day of the game to our roster so long as they fill out the paperwork. But you cannot add a player for playoffs unless they played in a regular game. So if oyu are going to sandbag for the playoffs you better get it done in the regular season.

Seems simple.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Rostering a player you know is only going to be available during state play is padding your team..Because it's within the rules makes it right?
Yes..most coaches like the idea of picking up players due to injury or fallout and you should be able to do that BUT you can bet for sure there are some that use this just to win state cup..Players should have to play in a certain number of games to qualify..not just be rostered before a dead line.

L
Goal
Goal
L
why not asked a u18 coach how difficult it is to take a roster of 15-16 to regionals? they are lucking to have 11 go.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
This is true..been there..done that..
This is about a level playing ground for ALL teams at state cup..

S
bench
bench
S
Mama/Team Mama/Assistant Coach/MPSC Club Representative.Come on now.Surely you should have taken ample time to check your facts before launching into this pointless tirade.Why don't you take a quick look back at your own program and see who has played for them at state cup over the years or does it only seem to be an issue when a certain club has a little success.Perhaps you should get on the MPSC board and make sure that never occurs again and maybe your team coach or DOC would like to hear your thoughts on this vital matter.It would seem that by adding players to your roster for CASL and a run at state cup MPSC as a club has shown their hand.Is it ethical? Everyone has an opinion.Discoveries 18 Boys just won the National Championship.Great team and fun to watch,but didn't Sebastian Velasquez reappear after missing regionals and claim the Golden Boot at Nationals.I don't think we want them to hand the trophy back even though he must have taken playing time away from someone.
Bottom line is that if a good player wants to join a team and is in college,working or relocates to the area the coach and club must decide if it makes sense for them to roster that player.
I have a sneaking suspicion that we would not be having this discussion if MPSC 18G had won last Saturday and Sunday.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Belligerent: I guess I have not been black and white enough for you.So here goes. I have no problem with Academy- it certainly looks like a good product. What I don't have time for is you and your lackeys trying to make your club something it is not. There are great tams such as Lonestar and the Texans but there are teams like AFC and AFU that were never able to get in to R3PLE before the academy that are mediocre. You yourself mention development but knowingly don't say anything about it being result driven- your defense then is to tell me to read slower- it is what it is.

Here is another thing that you or CHT can enlighten me on. This season there is an uproar because CESA uses a player that is well within the rules, but what was your rhetoric when brisson knowingly broke a rule by having a player lie about his identity.It was a completly different tune.

Since you're all about the academy rules, is he allowed to coach in the academy with his years ban.

Finally, if CESA goes academy the people that should be concerned are not me, but Tripp, Rob, etc., because when it was- and I know you like to use this analogy- apples to apples CESA dominated the state. I would think you would want to keep it apples to oranges .

Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard