Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
throw in
throw in
What makes one think that the kids already selected would be more committed/dedicated than any of the alternates? Would it not be better to still have a pool of the 25 to 30 kids and select the team based on several training sessions over the next 2 months. I bet the kids already selected feel they really don't have to attend these training sessions. I guess my feeling is that you pick the WHOLE team now or you pick the Whole team later. Part of the team now(12) and 17 alternates is absurd.

Nothing is Impossible
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

... several training sessions over the next 2 months.

Thats Funny! You'll be lucky to get several training sessions between now and Camp!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
throw in
throw in
EF why so negative. It is my understanding that these girls will be training together once or twice a month until camp.

Nothing is Impossible
corner kick
corner kick
Not negative just reality! My 94 (boy) has throughly enjoyed his ODP experiences and made a lot of good friends over the past few years!

YES, We are told they will train together every month. Reality is that it just does not happen in most cases! Why? who knows I think/hope it would/will change if SCYSA hires a full time DOC. SCYSA acknowledges openly that ODP training is insufficient (look on the scysa home page under Presidents report from the January 9, 2010)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I guess perception is reality but I think the 94 boys team has had a generous amount of training in preparation for each event. Sam has brought the boys together the weekend before regionals and tried to work in a weekend before they went off to Louisiana where they stayed on campus overnight and trained in the morning and afternoon. No Sam didn't attend sub-regionals and the champioship event this year but the experience was not compromised because of it. My opinion.

Brace
Brace
Agree with Mom. Coaches Sam and Neil had some very good training sessions before AL and LA. They did an outstanding job considering the competition they went up against. If you could have watched the first half of the sub-regional game against NC, you would have seen the rewards of the players and coaches efforts.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
There should be more training than one or two sessions in a six month perion leading up to a regional championship. Does your club team only practice twice in the six months before state cup? Regional championships are a much higher level of play than state cup and should be treated accordingly.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I guess perception is reality but I think the 94 boys team has had a generous amount of training in preparation for each event. Sam has brought the boys together the weekend before regionals and tried to work in a weekend before they went off to Louisiana where they stayed on campus overnight and trained in the morning and afternoon. No Sam didn't attend sub-regionals and the champioship event this year but the experience was not compromised because of it. My opinion.

Mom - I couldn't agree with you more about coach Sam! (hands down the best coach my son has ever trained with!) However, 3 days of training for a regional event is not a generous amount of training.(IMO) . I also truly believe the outcome in NOLA would have been different had Sam been there. Neil is a good coach but Sam just has the ability to get players to take their game to the next level.

From what I hear (granted I am half deaf )the 94 boys were the exception not the standard when it came to training.

How many training dates did the 94 Girls get prior to going to Regionals?

throw in
throw in
This is second hand info as I have no dog in the fight, but I was told by a 94G parent that they had no training as a team prior to New Orleans. However in Greenville most of the girls that were going to NO were placed on a team together for that weekend I was told. Not enough for this type of event.

Nothing is Impossible
B
throw in
throw in
B
My son thinks Sam is great. He says the 94 girls talked about getting no training. They just show up and play. He also said In NO, that there were several girls pursuing the boys. Where are you Mary Bynum? One girls was reprimanded but others were not. He said that those girls quote were " all over them". I sent my son for soccer. I hope this never happens again. I thought they had to follow a code of conduct.My son said other than he felt good about the experience. I believe on the boys side the whole soccer package is being addressed. The girls ......

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard