Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
B
throw in
throw in
B
That would be in your opinion. as alot of things stated on this board. Did it save money? Yes! When my older daughter played, there never would have been any questions. The boys would have been separate from the girls. If any infractions occurred,those involved would have been sent home immediately.

G
kick off
kick off
G
No, not an opinion, it's crazy and irresponsible to allow HS aged athletes of the opposite sex to travel togeather on a long bus trip period.

B
throw in
throw in
B
I am sorry. My reply was directed at Soccer4fun. I agree with you.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Soccer4fun
The name says it all. Hop on the bus with the boys go have fun and blame the results on the training/coaching, nice.

Getoverit.... do you even have a kid on one of these two teams? Were you there?

My avatar maybe "soccer4fun" but I can assure you that would not be the name my daughter would have picked. She as well as every other girl on that team took the trip and all the games seriously. You win as a team and you lose as a team. The girls were not prepared and outplayed. PERIOD. Lack of training...yes. Lack of committment...no.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
Was the inappropiate behavior reported to the ODP admistrator for evaluation?

B
throw in
throw in
B
I was there though. I watched both the boys and the girls play. Oh yes, there was committment and passion from both teams. Lack of coaching for one, I am leaving my opinion to myself.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

That would be in your opinion. as alot of things stated on this board. Did it save money? Yes! When my older daughter played, there never would have been any questions. The boys would have been separate from the girls. If any infractions occurred,those involved would have been sent home immediately.

I find it funny that all the "blame" is being put on the girls. I am sure the boys were totally innocent and only had soccer on their minds 100% of the time. Bottomline, both teams were there for a purpose and having a team of the opposite sex riding the bus did not take away from this. Did they interact while there were not on the soccer fields... sure. Did their soccer suffer because of this - no.

G
kick off
kick off
G
4fun
Lack of committment....no
with all that committment how many times did your daughter and her teammates get togeather and train as a team on there own?

B
throw in
throw in
B
I do not have any idea. I do know that a single girl was spoken to and watched. Others were involved but to what degree I can not tell you. A chaperones daughter, maybe.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Aside from Sub-regionals. None and tha tis my point. Could my daughter have tried to organize a practice on her own...maybe, but I am not sure how many kids would have shown up. Does that mean she is not committed to soccer or her team, absoultely not.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard