Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for your imput,goalie parent! For the amount of money spent, our state still struggles.

You seem to know who I am, so why don't you even the playing field and identify yourself?

For the record, I did not mean that in a bad way.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

I was there though. I watched both the boys and the girls play. Oh yes, there was committment and passion from both teams. Lack of coaching for one, I am leaving my opinion to myself.

I don' think anyone has said lack of coaching. Lack of training and preparation is very different than lack of coaching.

To insinuate that the results were because of being on a bus with the opposite sex for 12 hours is silly.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

4fun
Lack of committment....no
with all that committment how many times did your daughter and her teammates get togeather and train as a team on there own?

Come on??? Are you serious???

JAK #127783 01/23/10 09:58 PM
G
kick off
kick off
G
JAK
Very serious, in Texas the club/ODP girls would get togeather and train without coach at least 3-4 times a season. not everyone was always there but it was funny to she the better players show to all training sessions.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
I think that's great. Seriously. It shows the level of importance ODP has reached in Texas. But I have to ask how many times were there scheduled practices as well? More than none?

Nothing about SCODP has instilled a level of importance to the players. When there isn't a single practice in 6+ months leading up to the regional event, do you think that creates a sense of importance? The players won't take it any more seriously than the coaches and people who run SCODP, so until they show it is important, I don't think you can expect the players to do the same. It's really a symptom of poor leadership, not lack of commitment by the players.

So I'm also serious when I go back to my original question of "are you serious???". To insinuate that not practicing on your own shows a lack of commitment is insulting to the players and is letting the leaders off the hook.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

Then your facts are as mine, from our children's point of view. Yes,I was there.

So this entire conversation is based on comments from 15 year old kids? Unfortunately, I think we're now acting like the high school kids by passing it along and having a conversation about it.

I heard from Tommy that Billy likes Suzie

JAK #127786 01/23/10 10:54 PM
G
kick off
kick off
G
Jak
In my experiences your average soccer kid has more integrity than certain soccer parents I have witnessed over the years.
I have now gone back and read some of the threads on the SC ODP program, parents start demanding changes or pull your children out of the system until widespread changes are made. Can't seem to find the name of SC DOC for the program, Are you serious? what a total joke.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Jak
Yes more than none.
Did anyone think to make a call and inquire about the training schedule? None seems like a couple to few.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
No idea. Someone on the team would have to anwer that.

But it is a good point. As parents, we should know and reinforce the importance too.

JAK #127789 01/23/10 11:47 PM
T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
My daughter is on the 94 team and I e-mailed the SCYSA director of ODP multiple times regarding training and yet none ever occured. I honestly never thought of telling my daughter to try to call a practce on her own and I honestly believe it would have been frowned upon if she had.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard