Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
kick off
kick off
H
Talked to a former player, she was a Sr his first year and was on the team when he was an asst. and is still around the school. So far she said that she has not heard of anyone transferring for "soccer reasons." Her perception was that the unkown was a concern for some players. The rising Srs have to live with it and the younger players will see what it looks like with new coach in the Spring. She thought recruits that had offers would be retained but wasn't sure they would still come.

A lot of people around there are trying to figure out why the new AD would have allowed it for the reasons stated and not come in and evaluated everybody himself. I don't think one more season would have done much harm. One thing I found interesting, Coach Naraine had a 3.0 requirement for players to opt out of study hall, the players were told that it would be 2.7 which I understand is the athletic standard. Nice job CCU, fire a coach and "lower" a standard.

H
kick off
kick off
H
One more thing she said was that she would not be surprised if the former asst was in the running for the job. She was a head coach in NC (D3 I think)and was the head coach at a D2 in NY last year. She thought it would be a nice step given the situation as far as knowing the school, the conference and the players. Then she would have to prove herself on the field.

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
regarding a new coach-there was no asst. and it was a guy. if you are talking about his asst. the past few years, she left for a head job at her alma mater in july/august. Unless he got one when the guy quit and brought in a volunteer..but i think ro was on his own in the middle of the season this year. He was foreign i believe; if you are talking about asst. she was a head coach at lees-mcrae d2 and is head coach at a d3 school now;

i agree with you, why is he the one that got pinpointed. there are a few coaches there that need to be evaluated more than ro...but it is ashame that the recruits won't have a coach and they need to make a decision b/c no one is talking to them about the changes i assume...is the ad or swa calling these recruits to ensure they come...that is one thing ro was great about-recruiting! he got lots of girls to come to ccu on scholarship or no scholarship...

the next coach better do really well or they will be on the hot seat quick if you look at what ro did

H
kick off
kick off
H
Any word on whether they have started the phone screening process or not? Do they form a small committee for this type position? Seems to me they would have received plenty of apps that meet their qualifications in 3-4 days since posting. At this rate they may not get to the on campus visits until Feb.

Do they have a Spring schedule in place or did that go out with Ro?

H
kick off
kick off
H
Was just told that Coastal had 3 coaches coming on campus next week. 2 current head coaches and an assistant. Not fair to their players/recruits to name names...IMO. No one from the Big South. One HC surprised me a little. Seemed to be good choices for Coastal.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Tammy D from Western Carolina, Becky F from Tenn Tech and the female asst from Akron were all on campus last week. Tammy was supposedly at Ball State. I understand Coastal was going to make offer Fri/Sat.

throw in
throw in
Has Tammy been let go from WCU? Other than location why would she want to go from the SoCon to Big South?

Nothing is Impossible
D
kick off
kick off
D
I know for a fact that Tammy has not been fired from Western. I also know that the situation at Coastal is far superior then what she has at Western. The salary and budget at Coastal is leaps and bounds over Western making her accomplishments at Western even more impressive. Coastal is fully funded so it is amazing that the former coach could not do better. Tammy will win there without any problems.

Therefore, it is obvious why she would want to leave Western: better pay, better budget, better scholarships and a chance to win a conference championship after winning a couple at Western.

She is by far the best pick for the university.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
tammy d was also an asst. for several years at unc-wilmington and i know did a good job up there...she would do real well at coastal if chosen; she has done well at wcu in a strong conference for women's soccer..

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
H
kick off
kick off
H
Coastal is not fully funded. Better salary and budget is true. As for the former coach I believe until this year he won the conference twice and lost in the finals of the tournament twice. Not sure she is a good fit for Coastal. Also think it is short term.

I have no problem with her or anyone looking for a better situation, but look at her roster and the numbers that she is losing. Seems to me she may be running from a situation that is not very good and is compounded by the fact that the SO Con changed to a 4 team playoff. (heard they may go back)

Why then Ball State? Cullowhee is one thing....but Muncie Indiana?

Last edited by Headball; 02/01/10 03:19 AM.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard